• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fewer marriages, more divorces.. guess what'll be PAP's solution?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP's solution is to import more 3rd world trash to replace sinkies

hi there

1. bro, don't need one!
2. just allow male sheep here to take on a 2nd gal or 3rd woman.
3. abolish the damn women charter and kick out the aware thing.
4. no divorce and up the fertility rate!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
think if you are a boss, if you want to hire women with child bearing age? Let not talk about the law, is it fair for employer.

Hm...true lah...bosses all want to employ those that can give total commitments. Which results in the same problem again, man is always more preferred because Singapore women also got "NS" to do mah...lagi worst, women's "NS" stretch over long period of time. Unlike man. So where got gender equality?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eh...don't be like that lah...being observe...bu hao yi si leh....:biggrin:

Btw, you're trader? Trading in what? Got tips for the poor bros and sis or not? :biggrin:

Trading is a side income so I don't watch the market very closely. Plus I'm very risk adverse so only go for "special offer deals". Can't reveal too much about that sorry :p

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy, really sorry to read about this. Have you tried to tell your story in transitioning.org?

Your case needs to be aired! Unfair employment practices in singapore really makes my blood boil!!!!

It has never been fair. It has gotten a bit fairer over the decades because of the women's charter. But it will never be totally fair. Put yourself in an employer's shoes and you will know that your are of a weaker species. So I say, that women is at a disadvantage when it comes to employment. Its just the way we are made.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has never been fair. It has gotten a bit fairer over the decades because of the women's charter. But it will never be totally fair. Put yourself in an employer's shoes and you will know that your are of a weaker species. So I say, that women is at a disadvantage when it comes to employment. Its just the way we are made.

I would not say which gender is "more fairly" treated in Singapore. It is for another debate. But I am strongly against workplace discrimination and unfair practices.

Seriously, I encourage you to visit transitioning.org and learn about their agenda in there.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The government should start applying some pressures for the locals to get married. They should introduce policies as they have always done with the other problems in Singapore. Apply a FINE/CPF/investment scheme to it. Lets call it the Single's contribution scheme,SCS. For every year, above the age of 25, if you are not married, an extra 5% would be introduced into your CPF. This would ensure that Singaporeans that do not get married, would be able to "provide" for themselves a "companion",maid,home carer, in their retiring days to take care of them. After they are married. This extra 5% fund accumulated in their interest bearing CPF fund, would be diverted into the Child Bearing Fund, CBF. For every year that the couple do not have children, they would contribute $1K to the fund, till the age of retirement, which is subject to change. 1st child allowable withdrawal limit is 10% of fund, 2nd, 50%, 3rd 100%. If the couple do not have any children during their married life, the funds will be allowed to be withdrawn at retirement age, which is again subject to change. Of course this only applies to the vast majority of Singaporean. PAP, glasslooters and MIWs and individual that earn more then $1million a year would not be subject to this. As they have the competencies and know how to determine how many children they can have. Please also remember, for your own individual good, the government is doing this for your own benefit.

:wink:

I remember last time got 1 colleage after born a son the husband gave her a Rolex. 'Just for for the effort' he said. :wink:

Anyway I'm not asking for a Rolex or an LV bag, if the garment just give me say free childcare, free medical, free milk powder, free diapers, free educations for all the children up to University, I will definately quickly go and have another bb. I love bb. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love them to. Waiting for my amazon stuff to arrive. I've ordered "Go the Fuck to Sleep" and "All my friends are dead" already.

I remember last time got 1 colleage after born a son the husband gave her a Rolex. 'Just for for the effort' he said. :wink:

Anyway I'm not asking for a Rolex or an LV bad, if the garment just give me say free childcare, free medical, free milk powder, free diapers, free educations for all the children up to University, I will definately quickly go and have another bb. I love bb. :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over here the tax system encourages more babies. Child care rebate, baby bonus, Parental leave, University HECS system, which is deferred school fee payments till they start working. Medicare is almost free, depending on GP, some medicine on pharma scheme. Basically, reduced cost on medicine.

Anyway I'm not asking for a Rolex or an LV bag, if the garment just give me say free childcare, free medical, free milk powder, free diapers, free educations for all the children up to University, I will definately quickly go and have another bb. I love bb. :biggrin:

Wow! Buy stuffs from the Amazon huh? Cool? Enjoying life in Australia sure is relaxing... :smile:

metalball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Killing Me Slowly ...

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.