• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fewer marriages, more divorces.. guess what'll be PAP's solution?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jun 22, 2011
Marriage rates fall for the first time since 2003

wed.lavaniamogan.jpg

The number of marriages in Singapore dipped in 2010, while divorce cases crept up again. -- PHOTO: LAVANIA MOGAN

THE number of marriages in Singapore dipped in 2010, while divorce cases crept up again.

The Singapore Department of Statistics released these figures in their annual Statistics on Marriages and Divorces for the year 2010, on Wednesday.

A total of 24,363 couples pledged to love and cherish their partners forever - a 6.6 per cent decrease from 2009 - and the first drop since 2003.

Interethnic marriages however, rose from 12 per cent in 2000 to 20 per cent in 2010. Chinese grooms tying the knot with brides who were not of Chinese, Malay or Indian ethnicity, formed 51.9 per cent of all interethnic marriages here last year.

On the other hand, 7,405 couples split up last year, slightly higher than the 7,386 divorce cases in 2009. Couples who were married for five to nine years accounted for 32 per cent - the largest group - of non-Muslim divorces. 'Unreasonable behaviour' and 'having lived apart or separated for three years or more' were the main reasons cited by almost all non-Muslim divorces in 2010.

In contrast, couples in Muslim divorces who were married for less than five years formed the largest group. Two out of every three Muslim divorce cases were filed by the wife. 'Domestic violence and abuses' and 'financial problems' were the top two reasons for divorce.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are no solutions to this.
wif increase standard of living, expectations also increase.

while ppl happily married and discovered the problems, dey juz divorce.

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ppl scare to get married lah, so much stress and temptation these days. If u r single, u kena replace by FT no big deal, the most u die. But if got family ah, wife and kids die with u ah. Who dare to get married like that?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ppl scare to get married lah, so much stress and temptation these days. If u r single, u kena replace by FT no big deal, the most u die. But if got family ah, wife and kids die with u ah. Who dare to get married like that?

Exactly. Singaporeans are not stupid and know how to do their sums. The PAP has been implementing quick fix solutions to boost GDP that benefit the state but harm the citizens.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we have to be realistic to get married in spore.
real love consist of financial foundation. altho spore keep saying equality between woman and man, but we know in our heart it is not.
how your gf parents judge you and believe their daughter is in good hand? judge by love on top of everyting?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
real love consist of financial foundation. altho spore keep saying equality between woman and man, but we know in our heart it is not.
how your gf parents judge you and believe their daughter is in good hand? judge by love on top of everyting?

Exactly. Man (& his family) cannot live on bread alone. But Love alone can't put food on the table.

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahahaha my one different. My wife was so ugly and difficult that her parents married her to me almost for free!!! :eek::eek::eek:No lah, my parents-in-law really dotes on me that they didn't mind that I wasn't earning much.
But I have to agree with u. Last time my wife's frds also told her not to marry me coz I earned very little and can tell her must get someone who can earn 5k and above. blah Blah blah! If not when she lost her job my income may not be able to support the family blah blah blah. At one point I really tot I have to save up and get a foreign wife liao. :(

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahahaha my one different. My wife was so ugly and difficult that her parents married her to me almost for free!!! :eek::eek::eek:No lah, my parents-in-law really dotes on me that they didn't mind that I wasn't earning much.
But I have to agree with u. Last time my wife's frds also told her not to marry me coz I earned very little and can tell her must get someone who can earn 5k and above. blah Blah blah! If not when she lost her job my income may not be able to support the family blah blah blah. At one point I really tot I have to save up and get a foreign wife liao. :(
itz fortunate of you. have a gd wife and u gd husband.:smile:
wat they said is true too. this is realistic, we cant deny.
but how come the burden all falls on the man, i tot when making the vow, both of you should brave thru any problems and troubles?
when man facing his downturn, the wife/gf starts to tink of escaping route?
not abt how to make things right?
im faithful to you but why?

im average income earner but the gal i have been together before, frequent mention of car and her frenz promotion, buying car, earning hw much etc.
realistic?
still i need to say it might not be ALL but 90 over %?

Last edited:

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal
itz fortunate of you. have a gd wife and u gd husband.:smile:
wat they said is true too. this is realistic, we cant deny.
but how come the burden all falls on the man, i tot when making the vow, both of you should brave thru any problems and troubles?
when man facing his downturn, the wife/gf starts to tink of escaping route?
not abt how to make things right?
im faithful to you but why?

im average income earner but the gal i have been together before, frequent mention of car and her frenz promotion, buying car, earning hw much etc.
realistic?
still i need to say it might not be ALL but 90 over %?

That's y I feel very blessed also. Not easy. My soccer buddies also face the prob. Sometimes not that they dun 1 2 settle down but Singapore's cost of living is too high liao, no girls 1 them bcoz they not earning much.

Actually, if only they(the girls) can stop comparing. Well, female do stay when there's a crisis, it is due their motherly nature. In fact most of the time it is guys that ran away. However, girls these days are brought up differently. It could be parents who tell them what to look out for in a husband. Mayb their mothers' generation stick ard and suffered too much, so they decided they are not going to be liked their mothers.

Sometimes it is also looking at how ppl ard us suffered, that's y they are scared to enter into marriage with guys that are not earning much. See, ppl like to complain, so what they are hearing are mostly the negative things. But ppl failed to share the good things abt marriage, abt simple happiness that is shared between love ones even when they were dead broke.

Like what u had said not all girls are like that. So hope that one day u can really find someone who will stick to u and honor the vow. :smile:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Killing Me Slowly ...

possible-map-of-singapore-mrt-stations-large.png

I thought one found an answer on the MRT track built by the bloody fascist.

konstandy

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes 3rd world FT married 3rd world FT, produce 4th world FT.:eek:

many of my friends married foreigners not becoz of choice but some foreign gals are better catch: ie many shitaporeans gals are just too shitty and bitchy ... all just lookin for rich hsuband!!

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many of my friends married foreigners not becoz of choice but some foreign gals are better catch: ie many shitaporeans gals are just too shitty and bitchy ... all just lookin for rich hsuband!!
i understand that.:smile:
like i mentioned not ALL, you have to give benefit of doubts.
foreigners can be materialistic too. as long your frenz believe he has found a good wife, wish him all the best.:smile: