• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Female with a masters engineering degree still jobless

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Obviously there are other intangibles like whether he can bring in network of contacts and whether he has experience in overseas projects if i should expand.

You are the type of idiot boss who deserves to rot in Singapore, becos you equate everyone a same value regardless of other factors. :oIo:
maybe u rite, have to consider other factors but i do have overseas project experience yet i go for interviews
dey dun take this into account?:confused:

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the jobs market as in all other economic activity, it is all about demand and supply. If for example you are an oceanographer, you are certainly very qualified but can your qualification land you a job in S'pore in a career that go with your degree? Anyway, many engineers have lost their jobs in the past decade because of reduced demand for their job skills and experiences and some have turned to self-employment by becoming financial advisers, property & insurance agents and even taxi drivers...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With a third class honours, I can only imagine how bad she fared in university.

If she sell her soul and willing to be chained by the hands of PAP. She will be branded as "elite" and higher mortal besides the handsome reward. After she grow old, she may be posted to braddell Road brothel as hard-core pros. Already got the chua sisters locked & fed there for the rest of their uneconomical sad life.

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Obviously there are other intangibles like whether he can bring in network of contacts and whether he has experience in overseas projects if i should expand.

You are the type of idiot boss who deserves to rot in Singapore, becos you equate everyone a same value regardless of other factors. :oIo:

You sounded like you are 7. I wonder which planet you come from, in this world, our planet its all about deliverables.

Anyone here can earn a Masters Degree if they wanted to, what is stopping them is only time and money.

Not anyone here have what it takes to be the top echelon of the company and/or to convince others to pay them $8K a month (for her case), and papers is not a good measure, it only opens doors to interviews and it stops there.

I never believe that just because you went for the Masters course and you read a Phd, your course mates will give you new leads and preferences to a project..unless you are talking about small time projects (perhaps), for multi million dollar projects, stop daydreaming it will never happen.