• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAS say S'pore to be Top 10 Asian Soccer Power y 2015!LOL.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Nordin smoking his ganja again. Whatever happen to World Cup 2010? I noticed he never define "Asian". Technically speaking, Russia, Australia, and Iran are also asian countries. Obviously, he cannot mean that. If he is referring to asian non-white dominated countries, than he means only southern asia, SE Asia, and Eastern asia, than there is only a few countries that are better than S'pore right now. Right now, the top ranked asian countries according to the FIFA world rankings is Japan (45), S. Korea (49), PRC (84), Thailand (104), North Korea (105), Vietnam (119), Singapore (127), Fiji (131), India (132), and Indonesia (138). SO GUESS WHAT NORDIN. WE ARE ALREADY A TOP 10 ASIAN SOCCER COUNTRY, YOU DUMB MAT!! Next time you want to make this kind of comment, u better check the FIFA rankings first. Moron.

Singapore Push Ahead With Plan To Become Top Ten Asian Football Nation
The process is about to start...
Apr 21, 2010 3:14:00 AM

Photo GalleryZoomSingapore - National Team- GOAL.com/Yuslan Kisra
Related Links
Teams
Singapore
Although Singapore just missed out on qualification for the 2011 Asian Cup, Football Association of Singapore (FAS) are moving ahead with their plan to take the game forward in their nation.

The FAS has launched a 2010-2014 Strategic Plan designed to propel Singapore football to the next level - with the target to be among the top ten football nations in Asia by 2015.

The six key goals of this next phase in the progress of Singapore football are:

Establish Singapore as one of the top teams in Asia and maintain its position as the top ASEAN team.
Enhance the profile of the game.
Grow business and contribute to the sports industry.
Work with partners to establish a network of facilities.
Continue to strengthen the leadership and management at all levels.
Increase participation in the game at all levels.
FAS President Mayor Zainudin Nordin said, “The essence of our 2010-2015 game strategy is to identify emerging talents at a younger age and develop them through our National Football Syllabus and world class development plans that will focus on optimizing the technical, tactical, physical and mental capabilities and capacities of our players.

“Let me assure all Singaporeans that we at FAS are fully focused and committed to making this big leap to the Asian level and we will channel all our efforts into achieving our Goals outlined in this Plan.

“I am confident that with the full support of Singaporeans and the commitment of all our stakeholders, we will be able to achieve our goals. I would like to thank everyone involved in the development of the 2010-2015 Strategic Plan and I look forward to working with everyone again as we implement this Plan which will create a profound, tangible and lasting impact on the future of Singapore football.”

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HPK.jpg

"Donch worry! If fail again we can set goal to 2020" :eek:

R

redlightmeansgo

Don't worry. If we don't make it in 2015, just shift the goalposts lor, or make them smaller. Anyway we just using Sinkies money what. The poor fuckers just have to pay and pay and pay!!!!!

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
the old wheezer must be off it.

If Spore wants to compete with the soccer superpowers, start them young.

If Spore do not have a football academy, then send the kids to one. We have to spend money, sure, but what can we do. Our coaches have not much exposure to the international scene. A good option is to send the kids to Ajax or Liverpool school of excellence. If they dont become a complete player when they reach 18, i can cut my balls off.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
the old wheezer must be off it.

If Spore wants to compete with the soccer superpowers, start them young.

If Spore do not have a football academy, then send the kids to one. We have to spend money, sure, but what can we do. Our coaches have not much exposure to the international scene. A good option is to send the kids to Ajax or Liverpool school of excellence. If they dont become a complete player when they reach 18, i can cut my balls off.

This is a good idea. But i think they have to be accepted by these schools first. These youth academies do not suka suka accept anyone who ones to come in. I think the first step is to stop giving PRs to these over the hill no name FT soccer players. Its very hard to feel national pride when half the team are foreigners who sell their services to S'pore for a PR and a paycheck.

I always wonder if its possible for the FAS to buy a football team in the english league championship or League 1 that is financially in distressed. than using our clout as team owners, send promising young players there for stints. At least they will be exposed to a much better standard of football than the S-League. And even as players for a League 1 club, they can have the chance to play EPL teams in the FA and League cup early rounds.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Don't worry. If we don't make it in 2015, just shift the goalposts lor, or make them smaller. Anyway we just using Sinkies money what. The poor fuckers just have to pay and pay and pay!!!!!

Actually, the whole point I am trying to make is that we are already a top 10 asian football team according to FIFA. SO, this Nordin is setting goals for 2015 that have already been accomplished now!! What a nutcase. He should instead set a goal as a Asian top 5 team, than we have to be at the level of Japan, S. Korea, PRC, etc. Now that is a goal worth pursuing instead.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wonder if its possible for the FAS to buy a football team in the english league championship or League 1 that is financially in distressed. than using our clout as team owners, send promising young players there for stints. At least they will be exposed to a much better standard of football than the S-League. And even as players for a League 1 club, they can have the chance to play EPL teams in the FA and League cup early rounds.

Buying a football club is never an option. Why would anyone buy bankrupt Portsmouth for that fact. And clubs that have set up schools that churns out potentials are clubs like West ham, MU, Boca Jnr, Liverpool & maybe half the Dutch clubs. They have a system in place to instill the "European style of playing" which is why theyve attracted players from all over the globe.
Its better FAS send the kids young to these schools, not as stint, but for long term development. Its never cheap but its money well invested than raising our own bandwagon of football mercenaries.
And for God sake, why hasnt our local coaches attended any International Football Coaching program? Watching the famous coaches on TV & being to emulate them are 2 entire different podium.That is why we'll always have foreigners as our national coach. Cmon raddy is not world class but he's within FAS's budget.
Since Ive given my advise, am i entitle to the sports ministers salary since he did nothing except dreaming Spore will reach the 2010 WC?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
they just have to day enough to get funding and justify their own salary for the next term

then when time's up talk cock again

useless bunch of fuck heads

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="Navy"
Singapore Push Ahead With Plan To Become Top Ten Asian Football Nation
The process is about to start...
Apr 21, 2010 3:14:00 AM

Photo GalleryZoomSingapore - National Team- GOAL.com/Yuslan Kisra
Related Links
Teams
Singapore
Although Singapore just missed out on qualification for the 2011 Asian Cup, Football Association of Singapore (FAS) are moving ahead with their plan to take the game forward in their nation.

The FAS has launched a 2010-2014 Strategic Plan designed to propel Singapore football to the next level - with the target to be among the top ten football nations in Asia by 2015.

This is so fucking ridiculous. A nation that won't pay to broadcast the World Cup wants to be a soccer power. How do you promote the sport when you won't even pay for the fucking broadcast of the sport's premier world event?

Singapore doesn't mind losing billions through Temasek, but won't even pay to broadcast the World Cup. And now it wants to be a soccer power. What fucking nonsense is this?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This is so fucking ridiculous. A nation that won't pay to broadcast the World Cup wants to be a soccer power. How do you promote the sport when you won't even pay for the fucking broadcast of the sport's premier world event?

Singapore doesn't mind losing billions through Temasek, but won't even pay to broadcast the World Cup. And now it wants to be a soccer power. What fucking nonsense is this?

This Zainudin Nordin is a stupid PAP scholar/engineer. He probably never played a day of football. Of course he will make stupid comments. People who are not qualified for the positions they are in frequently do this. Failure to broadcast the World cup is tantamount to trying to lower interest in the sport. The opposite of what he says he wants.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
they just have to day enough to get funding and justify their own salary for the next term

then when time's up talk cock again

useless bunch of fuck heads

When 2015 rolls along, they will conveniently forget this target of a top 10 club, unless of course they are actually top 10, thanthey will crow abouttheir success.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
they can make S-League popular within singapore where every Sg support it like in the days of malaysian cup. i think its very successful already. that should be the goal they should be heading first

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Buying a football club is never an option. Why would anyone buy bankrupt Portsmouth for that fact. And clubs that have set up schools that churns out potentials are clubs like West ham, MU, Boca Jnr, Liverpool & maybe half the Dutch clubs. They have a system in place to instill the "European style of playing" which is why theyve attracted players from all over the globe.
Its better FAS send the kids young to these schools, not as stint, but for long term development. Its never cheap but its money well invested than raising our own bandwagon of football mercenaries.
And for God sake, why hasnt our local coaches attended any International Football Coaching program? Watching the famous coaches on TV & being to emulate them are 2 entire different podium.That is why we'll always have foreigners as our national coach. Cmon raddy is not world class but he's within FAS's budget.
Since Ive given my advise, am i entitle to the sports ministers salary since he did nothing except dreaming Spore will reach the 2010 WC?

I remember when Thaksin bought Man City, he also brought a few Thai players. That is what I am talking about. U don't have to buy Portsmouth. Their debt burden is too high. A League 1 club or a League Championship club with say a few million pounds in debt might be interested in being acquired if going into recevership was the only other option. As I have said, you can talk about sending our kids to the academy of all these teams u mentioned, but will they accept our kids? They have standards too, they don't just take anyone in even if you give them money. Right now, I would say the standard of S'pore youth football is below alot of other countries.
Alot of the coaches have gone for overseas training. I believe Fandi traind in Germany as a coach. But its hard to get good players here to commit to football full time.

When you are tryingto make a living on the side and play football, definitely you will be harder to progress as a player. I rather the FAS identify the top 50 or 100 young football talents, and give them some financial assistance to train fulltime.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is not an unrealistic target. There is chance.. challenging

Btw, the S-League is already the number 10 League in Asia. Also last week, SAFFC beat China Henan in the Asian Champions League.

Possible, but more hardwork needed and more FT needed.

Cannot depend on Singaporeans. All only know who to cow pei cow boo behind a PC and criticise Singapore for lack of players... but don't allow their own children to play football, everybody want their kid to study and study and play PSP, PS2 ....

:rolleyes:

Lu Bu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cannot depend on Singaporeans. All only know who to cow pei cow boo behind a PC and criticise Singapore for lack of players... but don't allow their own children to play football, everybody want their kid to study and study and play PSP, PS2 ....

I agree. Maybe i should let my Halberd do the talking and talk some sense into you. :biggrin: The other thing is you are a shameless FAP doggy.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Btw, the S-League is already the number 10 League in Asia. Also last week, SAFFC beat China Henan in the Asian Champions League.

Possible, but more hardwork needed and more FT needed.

:rolleyes:

Parents want their kids to study so they can make a good living. If the FAS could give its top 30 footballers a good living, parents will have no problem pushing their kids to football. In its heyday, S'pore footballers were idolised. Mat Noh, Quah Kim SOng, etc. could not go into a shopping centre without people coming up to them. If you have this kind of fame, and a little money offered to football players, I think you will find many willing to be serious about it. I am not talking about mercenary FT players.