• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAS say S'pore to be Top 10 Asian Soccer Power y 2015!LOL.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Whether the aspiration is to make it to the world cup finals or to become Asia's top ten footballing nations, we must first prove ourselves in SE Asia first by consistently beating the likes of Thailand, Vietnam Indonesia & even Malaysia.
If not, it's another pipe dream!:biggrin: Don't think of flying! Have you learn to walk yet? :biggrin:

I would settle for them beating Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei for starters.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sorry, but where did this lanchiao face scholar say he played in europe. I can go to london, and kick a ball around Hyde Park. Does that mean I played football in England?

Curriculum Vitae

Name : Zainudin Bin Nordin (Member of Parliament)
Constituency : Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC
Party Affiliation
People’s Action Party
Place of Birth : Singapore
Date of Birth : 03.07.1963
Marital Status : Married
No of Children : 2
Religion : Islam

Educational Qualifications
1970-1975 PSLE (Tanglin Primary School)
1976-1979 GCE 'O' Level (Tanglin Technical School)
1981-1982 GCE 'A' Level (Jurong Junior College)
1983-1985 Diploma in Electronic Engineering (French-Singapore Institute)
1986-1990 Diploma d'Ingenieur (equivalent to MSc) (E.S.I.E.E., France)

Present Occupation
30.05.2006 Mayor, Central Singapore District

Member of Parliament
25.10.2001 19.04.2006 Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC
27.04.2006 Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC

Select Committees
Public Petitions Committee Member 10th Parliament, 1st Session
Public Petitions Committee Member 10th Parliament, 2nd Session
Public Petitions Committee Member 11th Parliament, 1st Session

Career
1985-1986 Training Officer, French-Singapore Institute
1990-1993 Lecturer, French-Singapore Institute
1993-2006 Manager, Nanyang Polytechnic

Interests
Soccer, Movies and Music

Acronyms
PSLE Primary School Leaving Examination
GCE ‘O’ Level Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level)
GCE ‘A’ Level Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advance Level)

rich man son? can afford to go France and study diploma...LOL

since he has French links...thats why Etoile is playing in Singapore?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from world cup qualification 2 top 10 in asia! ...

datz a giant leap backward! ... :eek:

Good obversation. Want to qualify for World Cup 2010 meant must be in Asia Top 5. Now wants to be in Asia Top 10 2015. By 2015, I think they want to be in SEA Top 1 (try to beat Thailand consistently and win a SEA gold medal). Their game is not about scoring goals; it's about shifting goalposts to justify bureaucrats.

Anyway, whatever, Singapore football will never succeed in anything significant. If we take a look at great footballing nations, their football associations are controlled and driven by football leagues and past great players/managers. In Singapore, it's the reverse, politicians and bureaucrats control and drive the football association and league. Even Quah Kim Song gave up and resigned. Fandi Ahmad also left. Noh Alam Shah also gave an outburst.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Good obversation. Want to qualify for World Cup 2010 meant must be in Asia Top 5. Now wants to be in Asia Top 10 2015. By 2015, I think they want to be in SEA Top 1 (try to beat Thailand consistently and win a SEA gold medal). Their game is not about scoring goals; it's about shifting goalposts to justify bureaucrats.

Anyway, whatever, Singapore football will never succeed in anything significant. If we take a look at great footballing nations, their football associations are controlled and driven by football leagues and past great players/managers. In Singapore, it's the reverse, politicians and bureaucrats control and drive the football association and league. Even Quah Kim Song gave up and resigned. Fandi Ahmad also left. Noh Alam Shah also gave an outburst.

If Lee Con You or Gay Loong came out and said that they were ardent football fans, and why the national team is so screwed up, you will see all these FAS porlumpar stumble over each other to remake the system and boost the football team. Or face tekan from above.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Lee Con You or Gay Loong came out and said that they were ardent football fans, and why the national team is so screwed up, you will see all these FAS porlumpar stumble over each other to remake the system and boost the football team. Or face tekan from above.

If I recall correctly, Lee Kuan Yew has already said he's not interested in football at the outset of building National Stadium in 1970-71 (completed 1972-73). He agreed to it as political expediency, for the Malaysia Cup fever. He himself prophesied that it'd be a "white elephant."

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If I recall correctly, Lee Kuan Yew has already said he's not interested in football at the outset of building National Stadium in 1970-71 (completed 1972-73). He agreed to it as political expediency, for the Malaysia Cup fever. He himself prophesied that it'd be a "white elephant."

Yeah, he prophesied a lot of things, like S'pore will be over populated and so must stop at 2, etc. I think his success rate on prohesies is under 50%.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, he prophesied a lot of things, like S'pore will be over populated and so must stop at 2, etc. I think his success rate on prohesies is under 50%.

When Goh Meng Seng was born, his parents were fined. So was when my little brother, my mother was compelled to sterilised. Age 27.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When Goh Meng Seng was born, his parents were fined. So was when my little brother, my mother was compelled to sterilised. Age 27.

I am not a strong right to life advocate. But Imagine if Lee Con You did not have this policy, would we still need to import FTs? How many potential david beckhams or mozarts did we lose this way?

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
rich man son? can afford to go France and study diploma...LOL

since he has French links...thats why Etoile is playing in Singapore?

not go france lah.
FSI is just like poly, i think it's campus is at singapore poly agot 15-20 yrs ago.

Not sure if FSI still exists now

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nordin smoking his ganja again. Whatever happen to World Cup 2010? I noticed he never define "Asian". Technically speaking, Russia, Australia, and Iran are also asian countries. Obviously, he cannot mean that. If he is referring to asian non-white dominated countries, than he means only southern asia, SE Asia, and Eastern asia, than there is only a few countries that are better than S'pore right now. Right now, the top ranked asian countries according to the FIFA world rankings is Japan (45), S. Korea (49), PRC (84), Thailand (104), North Korea (105), Vietnam (119), Singapore (127), Fiji (131), India (132), and Indonesia (138). SO GUESS WHAT NORDIN. WE ARE ALREADY A TOP 10 ASIAN SOCCER COUNTRY, YOU DUMB MAT!! Next time you want to make this kind of comment, u better check the FIFA rankings first. Moron.

Singapore Push Ahead With Plan To Become Top Ten Asian Football Nation
The process is about to start...
Apr 21, 2010 3:14:00 AM

Photo GalleryZoomSingapore - National Team- GOAL.com/Yuslan Kisra
Related Links
Teams
Singapore
Although Singapore just missed out on qualification for the 2011 Asian Cup, Football Association of Singapore (FAS) are moving ahead with their plan to take the game forward in their nation.

The FAS has launched a 2010-2014 Strategic Plan designed to propel Singapore football to the next level - with the target to be among the top ten football nations in Asia by 2015.

The six key goals of this next phase in the progress of Singapore football are:

Establish Singapore as one of the top teams in Asia and maintain its position as the top ASEAN team.
Enhance the profile of the game.
Grow business and contribute to the sports industry.
Work with partners to establish a network of facilities.
Continue to strengthen the leadership and management at all levels.
Increase participation in the game at all levels.
FAS President Mayor Zainudin Nordin said, “The essence of our 2010-2015 game strategy is to identify emerging talents at a younger age and develop them through our National Football Syllabus and world class development plans that will focus on optimizing the technical, tactical, physical and mental capabilities and capacities of our players.

“Let me assure all Singaporeans that we at FAS are fully focused and committed to making this big leap to the Asian level and we will channel all our efforts into achieving our Goals outlined in this Plan.

“I am confident that with the full support of Singaporeans and the commitment of all our stakeholders, we will be able to achieve our goals. I would like to thank everyone involved in the development of the 2010-2015 Strategic Plan and I look forward to working with everyone again as we implement this Plan which will create a profound, tangible and lasting impact on the future of Singapore football.”

best in ASEAN? ASEAN is made up of so many poor countries. third world poor countries.

only brunei and singapore are advanced countries.

best in ASIA? that is easy as well.

but still, a long way off from being best in the WORLD.

but still singapore soccer is improving because the foreigners are playing in singapore and they are pretty skillful.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
best in ASEAN? ASEAN is made up of so many poor countries. third world poor countries.

but still singapore soccer is improving because the foreigners are playing in singapore and they are pretty skillful.

Just because foreigners are playing does not mean that singapore football is getting better. Foreigners have been playing for a long time in S'pore and yet you do not seethe national team doing anything.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole purpose and glory of winning in regional or world sports events is to showcase a nation's prowess in local training/coaching methods and the ability of her own nationals enduring sacrifice in years of hard training from a young age.

Buying readymade sportsmen/women and pinching them from other countries simply to win medals or competitions is simply a hollow victory and citizens won't feel any hint of pride or share in the glory of these mercenary athletes who have won.

It is NO different from taking performance enhancing drugs to win medals. It is the drug that won the medal or in this case the MONEY(buying readymade atheletes) and not the training or natural physical prowess/skill that made the difference.

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal

--------------------------------------------
sorry brudder, a couple of points I disagree with you....

Brunei is far from being an "advanced" country.... It resembles more like Malaysia than Singapore.

Also, to be best in Asia.... we have to beat Japan, S Korea, N Korea (all of them qualified) plus teams like Australia that has been added to the Asian confederation. To top that off, we have to be able to compete with the Middle Eastern teams (heavy weights like Saudi, Iran, UAE, etc).

I think being top in SEA is more of a feasible target. Let's beat Malaysia and Thailand consistently at all levels (U-21, youth levels, and senior level). Maybe if we do that, we can start crowing such big words!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is a clone of the OA you idiot. Not only will i 'zap' u here, i can also zap u to the graveyard in the sex forum too if i find u to be kuai lan. So what are u going to to about it? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sure, zap me in the other forum, you retard. Give me your nic there and I will give you mine!1

Limpei Power 9 in the other forum, you retard!! Zap you until you cannot recognise home!!

:mad:

M.Bison

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure, zap me in the other forum, you retard. Give me your nic there and I will give you mine!1

Limpei Power 9 in the other forum, you retard!! Zap you until you cannot recognise home!!

:mad:

You will choke on those words eEconomist. Power 9 big deal? Do you know any of my senior nicks there? Clones in the other forum i have them in a spreadsheet but i seldom post there. Sure, i can give one for u to zap me to the red but i will return you the favor many times more, slowly but surely. :biggrin: