• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Facing heavy pressure at work

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
FUCK!

Today public holiday my company HR called up and informed me that I will be retrenched ad they downsizing my department by half in light of poor economic conditions.

In a few years time, you'll realise that this was the best day of your life!

You are now free from the shackles imposed upon you by lesser mortals.

Even though volume has dropped I am still one of the top salesmen and I am retrenched?
As a top salesman, why waste your talents selling stuff on behalf of some other idiot in exchange for a measly commission.:rolleyes: You can now work for yourself and earn an outright profit for each product/service that you sell FOR YOURSELF! Top salespeople have the ability to sell snow to the Eskimos so your success is more or less assured!

This is the first glorious day of the rest of your life. Milk the moment. Opportunities like this don't come about very often. :p

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah lou fren,

You got selling skills, you dun need a job.

tonychat you CB pimp,

stay in thai and continue to live off your thai chicken gf.. u r not fit to give any advice. remember u dun live here, so who the fuck u r to give advise:oIo:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
tonychat you CB pimp,

stay in thai and continue to live off your thai chicken gf.. u r not fit to give any advice. remember u dun live here, so who the fuck u r to give advise:oIo:
Should be "Who the fuck are you to give ADVICE.".

"Advise" is a verb.

catch71

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey TS,

Tough luck.. think you need to take a step back and re access your core skills and where it could be applicable in times like this. talk to someone, or work it out yourself.

Try not to panic, keep calm and work out your options, before you decide on the next course of action... then go for it.

Good luck and let us know how things work out. Cheers.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FUCK!

Today public holiday my company HR called up and informed me that I will be retrenched ad they downsizing my department by half in light of poor economic conditions.

Even though volume has dropped I am still one of the top salesmen and I am retrenched? HR said no way to U-turn the decision. I asked for no basic, only comm, they also said don't push it, just accept.

I will get AWS plus one month for the time I worked with the company

I haven't told my family. I took them out for curry fish head and when they asked why I looked so down I said weather no good and feeling a bit tired

My CPF can cushion mortgage a few months but beyond that I am looking into a deep hole

How to go forward like this

I do hope you have some savings to fall back on, for expenses, etc. As CPF, you have mentioned can cushion for a few months, I guess is for the mortgage loan.

Feeling lousy is one thing, but I believe you need to break the news to the family and let them know, it's going to get tough here on.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yeah man, selling skllls is the most precious skill of all a man of trade that he is. Use that skill and you wont need a job any more.

Get any product and you can sell. If you can sell, you can have money on your own. Try insurance or real estate. and do other small time selling too.

You will win big time.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You'll soon have alot of people joining you. I heard on Bloomberg that 50% of companies in Spore will be retrenching.

Just remember to thank the PAP in the next elections :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Alot of people trying to survive in Spore. Not everyone is related to LKY or "top" of anything.

The situation is hardly unique to Singapore. In order to survive and prosper in ANY country, the desire to excel is a must. Without losers, there can be no winners.

All individuals have a choice of where they want to sit in the pecking order.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... How to go forward like this

从前,有位老汉住在与胡人相邻的边塞地区,来来往往的过客都尊称他为“塞翁”。塞翁生性达观,为人处世的方法与众不同。

有一天,塞翁家的马不知什么原因,在放牧时竟迷了路,回不来了。邻居们得知这一消息以后,纷纷表示惋惜。可是塞翁却不以为意,他反而释怀地劝慰大伙儿:“丢了马,当然是件坏事,但谁知道它会不会带来好的结果呢?”

果然,没过几个月,那匹迷途的老马又从塞外跑了回来,并且还带回了一匹胡人骑的骏马。于是,邻居们又一齐来向塞翁贺喜,并夸他在丢马时有远见。然而,这时的塞翁却忧心忡忡地说:“唉,谁知道这件事会不会给我带来灾祸呢?”

塞翁家平添了一匹胡人骑的骏马,使他的儿子喜不自禁,于是就天天骑马兜风,乐此不疲。终于有一天,儿子因得意而忘形,竟从飞驰的马背上掉了下来,摔伤了一条腿,造成了终生残疾。善良的邻居们闻讯后,赶紧前来慰问,而塞翁却还是那句老话:“谁知道它会不会带来好的结果呢?”

又过了一年,胡人大举入侵中原,边塞形势骤然吃紧,身强力壮的青年都被征去当了兵,结果十有八九都在战场上送了命。而塞翁的儿子因为是个跛腿,免服兵役,所以他们父子得以避免了这场生离死别的灾难。

这个故事在世代相传的过程中,渐渐地浓缩成了一句成语:“塞翁失马,焉知祸福。”它说明人世间的好事与坏事都不是绝对的,在一定的条件下,坏事可以引出好的结果,好事也可能会引出坏的结果。

... ... ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The situation is hardly unique to Singapore. In order to survive and prosper in ANY country, the desire to excel is a must. Without losers, there can be no winners.

All individuals have a choice of where they want to sit in the pecking order.

I don't think there would be so many complaints if this was true as everyone would benefit. You don't hear Amerricans complaining about the presidents pay but you have many compaints in Spore with regards to the PAP.

When it comes to Spores political elite the "desire to excel" is limited to extracting $$$ from its citizens & keeping the benefits within the family.

The only choice is to stay or leave :rolleyes:

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
... ... ...

塞翁失马,焉知祸福 BEARS REPEATING

This is the best thing that evr happened to you Ronaldinho

Instead of drifting along aimlessly selling shit to people who don't need shit in order that you can make money to but shit you don't need, this process frees all of you in the cycle

Congratulations again

This is your blessing

Not many people can have this

You suffer because you are not enlightened

Very soon you will realise you suffering is in vain

To the rest of you whose pastimes are still shopping and accumulating stuff, let me take this opportunity to say COOL is bullshit, EXCLUSIVE is bullshit, INCLUSIVE is bullshit

Just some crap from some faggot advertising executive to make you buy faggoty things you don't need

But if you are faggot then too bad

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
An advice, in fact for everyone, will be to start planning how to survive for the next 2 years with minimal or negligible income.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An advice, in fact for everyone, will be to start planning how to survive for the next 2 years with minimal or negligible income.

Just heard on the news that 80% of Singaporeans will have problems surviving 1 year or even less than 6 months, much less 2 years with no income (only on savings).

Assuming pay is about 3k or less, 6months or 18,000 of savings worth.

I guess the bank's guarantee of 20k per account is sufficient to cover 80% of depositor acount has some truth in it after all. Or it's all just "happened' to be a coincidence, with the 80% claim for both category.

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
J

I guess the bank's guarantee of 20k per account is sufficient to cover 80% of depositor acount has some truth in it after all. Or it's all just "happened' to be a coincidence, with the 80% claim for both category.

A side question if anyone can help answer. During a bank run, depositors withdraw their deposits in hard cash and notes? Or some form of cashier's order?

cheongsimon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recent months have been terrible. I have been putting in twice as many hours and getting less than half of sales.

Who has been thru shit and in the end come out champion, please share ur experience so that bros here can learn to cope

Thanks, xie xie, terimakaseh, nandri,

Don't think so much.. think so much become more stress... Just continue working hard, hang in there, in a few years the economy will be better and your life will be better.

Also, although your income is falling, please remember to continue contributing to your CPF medi-save account so you and your family can at least have money to pay medical expenses if required.

Good luck and don't give up dude!