• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
No leh. This time, they asked the least docs out of all I have approached. Alliance and cimb were the worst bunch. So I walked out of their office. I felt like they are asking excessively and I have no confidence they will give me the approval fast.

HSBC only asked for ic, pay slips, NOA and bank statement. But I substituted bank statement with CPf. Thats all leh ...

so gd , that tine hsbc asked a lot of documents from me , i bo chap them ....
whats yr RM rate today ?
Raffles is 2.392

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Bro. Will keep an eye. I go in quite often nowadays so I always check around for best rate.

Ah tiong - have not Checked with money changer today but xe was only 2.387 this morning

What about other recommended money changers like those in Jurong and Parkway?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you guys tried to send money from remittance at Lucky Plaza to the accounts in Malaysia?? They accept remittance to a lot of countries, can try BTI, service charge only $4 at no matters how much u send, rates very good also. Can try this number 67330103. Next day money transfer, sometimes it's immediate depend which bank.
I always send money to Phi, very reliable service. Send 30k sing service charge also $4!!

Call the number above for rates, if other place better rates pls inform thks......

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you guys tried to send money from remittance at Lucky Plaza to the accounts in Malaysia?? They accept remittance to a lot of countries, can try BTI, service charge only $4 at no matters how much u send, rates very good also. Can try this number 67330103. Next day money transfer, sometimes it's immediate depend which bank.
I always send money to Phi, very reliable service. Send 30k sing service charge also $4!!

Call the number above for rates, if other place better rates pls inform thks......

ok , i just called ,voice message , the rate is 2.392 ...
Brother DOA , u go n try their service leh , seems like u are working near them ....
For me not so worth it , to drive , park and kenna erp ....

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, are u sure u can remit 30k sing dollars?!

at most we can remit is 10 k MYR into our account right, how did u do 30k SGD remittance?

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother DOA , u go n try their service leh , seems like u are working near them ....

screw up rate now -.-''

i thought i remit 242.2 1 month back i thought very bad. now i dont dare even see :(

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, are u sure u can remit 30k sing dollars?!

at most we can remit is 10 k MYR into our account right, how did u do 30k SGD remittance?

Maybe the money transfer in jurong p set his own limit at 10k each ?? I dun know!

U go try la, I haven't got any Malaysia bank yet. Waiting for yr FR bro!

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can park yr car at Newton circus carpark, walk to lucky plaza, to train yr legs muscle also good rite? Who know u might be lucky when u visit lucky plaza!!!:biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe the money transfer in jurong p set his own limit at 10k each ?? I dun know!

U go try la, I haven't got any Malaysia bank yet. Waiting for yr FR bro!

Money changer said limit 10k. So if want to transfer 30k then have to paid 3 time fee. That the way they earn commission lo.

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money changer said limit 10k. So if want to transfer 30k then have to paid 3 time fee. That the way they earn commission lo.

hi, i managed to transfer about 12Ksgd through Raffles money changer last month. In fact i transfer 20Ksgd previously (10Ksgd each transaction) through remittance.

I believe the limit is more than RM10K. Maybe you can call to check.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
I changed 10000 RM yesterday, the best rate that raffles1 (JP) can give me was 239.. Darn..

the board flashes 238.8RM...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I changed 10000 RM yesterday, the best rate that raffles1 (JP) can give me was 239.. Darn..

the board flashes 238.8RM...

huh , yesterday i change only $200 at Yishun also 239 leh ....never change money on sunday la .... should try tue or wed rates.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wed rate is alwys highest among the other day donno y, this wed i hav to change lo no choise even its 2.39...change abt 2k... Zzz

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
rate is bad now...

change more SGD to MYR...

MYR election is also coming, dunno can help bring their rate up or down?...

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya even bad also need change coz need use it. Arghh lose abt rm 100+ it can be petrol and meal liao =(

Election..should b worst. Hope they stop tightening with usd

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya even bad also need change coz need use it. Arghh lose abt rm 100+ it can be petrol and meal liao =(

Election..should b worst. Hope they stop tightening with usd

better change more then.. if elections gonna strengthen their currency more...