• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Remitting big sum of money to Malaysia account.

U may open saving account with hong leong bank and deposit rm10k in it besides depositing it into current account. However, I am not sure whether can I TT rm9990 to saving account. Yet to try as exchange rate is not favorable.

Last Thursday, my brother went to hong Leong bank to bank in more than RM10k over the counter. The staff only accepted 10k and said foreigner cannot deposit more than 10k in one day . We told them the amount is for the purchase of house and the loan was taken from them, still they said no no . Evev if we use ATM to deposit also cannot . Asked her any other ways to do more than 10 k per day . Still no no .... But we tried in AMbank many times with more than 10k, no issues... Depends on your luck , sometimes can sometimes cannot

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

U may open saving account with hong leong bank and deposit rm10k in it besides depositing it into current account. However, I am not sure whether can I TT rm9990 to saving account. Yet to try as exchange rate is not favorable.

Hi Lyc396, thanks .

He only has saving account with Hong Leong bank currently . On the TT , I always remit RM to my saving account in AMBank . Should be ok to remit to saving account for all banks.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal

What is the interest rate from Hong Leong and Ambank?

OCBC is offering 2.4% - 2.9%

Hi Lyc396, thanks .

He only has saving account with Hong Leong bank currently . On the TT , I always remit RM to my saving account in AMBank . Should be ok to remit to saving account for all banks.