• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
no such thing.

Rate is around 2.47.

Yep, my bad for trusting http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
I was told that they were quite accurate.
But it does not seem so today...:confused:

OandaSGDMYR.jpg

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does RM get stronger during CNY?
Is it because a lot of money gets sent back to Malaysia by PRs and Malaysians working in SG to celebrate the New Year?

I guess its the case of dd & ss. Ss is lesser then dd so price of buyg RM more expensive rite

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Remitting big sum of money to Malaysia account.

Just to share to all bro n sis,

One day I wa trying to bank in rm 200k to my Malaysia bank account, I was told like those people here, only rm10k allowed.

But still I can bank in all the balance of 190k....so how?

Over the counter only rm 10k ..... But over machine you can do it in any amount. Just use cash deposit machine.

Do it day time la .... Got mata see see look look .... Safer.

So hope this helps.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

One day I wa trying to bank in rm 200k to my Malaysia bank account, I was told like those people here, only rm10k allowed.

Over the counter only rm 10k ..... But over machine you can do it in any amount. Just use cash deposit machine.

So hope this helps.

Cool! You're the Man..!..sibuai kang ho. titter.gif

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

I tried to bank in 30k over machine once. Yes they accept all.

But the system detected after that and the HQ called me say dont do it again if not they wont be responsible if the money cannot be refunded to us. Under the law more than 10k a day is strictly disallowed. Please take note.

If you have MM2H, then you'll be exempted from this limitation.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

I tried to bank in 30k over machine once. Yes they accept all.

But the system detected after that and the HQ called me say dont do it again if not they wont be responsible if the money cannot be refunded to us. Under the law more than 10k a day is strictly disallowed. Please take note.

Please try not to do that as it is risky to deposit so much money at the machines.
But if you have signed the option form or SPA, banks do allow deposits of more than RM 10K when presented with the docs.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please try not to do that as it is risky to deposit so much money at the machines.
But if you have signed the option form or SPA, banks do allow deposits of more than RM 10K when presented with the docs.
Last Thursday, my brother went to hong Leong bank to bank in more than RM10k over the counter. The staff only accepted 10k and said foreigner cannot deposit more than 10k in one day . We told them the amount is for the purchase of house and the loan was taken from them, still they said no no . Evev if we use ATM to deposit also cannot . Asked her any other ways to do more than 10 k per day . Still no no .... But we tried in AMbank many times with more than 10k, no issues... Depends on your luck , sometimes can sometimes cannot

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Last Thursday, my brother went to hong Leong bank to bank in more than RM10k over the counter. The staff only accepted 10k and said foreigner cannot deposit more than 10k in one day . We told them the amount is for the purchase of house and the loan was taken from them, still they said no no . Evev if we use ATM to deposit also cannot . Asked her any other ways to do more than 10 k per day . Still no no .... But we tried in AMbank many times with more than 10k, no issues... Depends on your luck , sometimes can sometimes cannot

Can bank/deposit into developer's bank account right?

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can bank/deposit into developer's bank account right?

Yes, can deposit into developer account directly . What happened was he closed his account with ambank and took the money to deposit into hong Leong bank . This RM10000 restriction on foreigner is very unfriendly and not productive to the economy . It makes life for the foreigner difficult in Malaysia .

Currently, as and when I will do a TT of RM 9990 only to my Malaysia account . Even we can do a one time TT to the developer, I prefer not to do it . What if very unlucky, the money changer took my whole 10% of downpayment and missing in action ?

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal

I did that at standard chartered. The bank returned the extra cash to be via cheque and charged me service fee (abt rm 10-20)!

So hope this helps.