• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happens every year when nearing CNY. The fluctuation from the actual trading rate widens. When it's closer to CNY, the fluctuation may be wider and will continue past CNY.

Last year, the gap start to widen approximately 1 week before CNY. This year is abit early.

Just change how much you need for now.

No wonder Dollar Exchange in Jurong Point rate is so terrible tonight . Cash 2.435 tt 2.445.

Is monopoly, the price is controlled. The retail price does not follow the movement of the spot price.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
A check with the money changer. He told me ringgit no more stocks! Luckily i did change 100k and put into FD on mthly basis. Just in case situation like this arises.

Ringgit no more stock?
I can understand when there are many people changing in hard currency.
But it should not affect the remittance rate as it should be an electronic exchange.
So when they give us rates like 2.46+ when they are getting 2.49- 2.50 is pure profiteering. :mad:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's as our fellow contributors have been pointing out, they are profiterring, 'Capitalism at it's BEST'. While I am for all the good things about Capitlism, the "Ugly" side is not desirable at all. The MC know you've got to change Money.... To send home, to pay for "things" in general, especially now with CNY around the corner...... So they will give you a rate which the "public" will accept without too much fuss. I am sure if suddenly there is a drop in money being changed to MYR, the rate will 'magically' go up by another "pip or two"......
On the 'bright' side the 2.50 barrier has been breached...... So now 2.70 the next target.......

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah whats the point of RM 2.70 as listed but we get to change 2.45 everytime. its frustrating

Bro after CNY, it will 'go back' to "normal" if there is such a situation!! Then we will change for a rate of 2.5 or better. Must try to see the 'silver lining in the cloud' BUT make sure it's not actually a UFO hiding behind the cloud.:biggrin:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just called Raffles @ JP, quoted 2.42 for TT rate. I had to asked her again in case I heard wrongly. Wahlau-eh... So freaking low.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will TT to the developer on 18 Feb. I really hope the rates will be restored to normal pegging level as the amount will be quite a big sum.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will TT to the developer on 18 Feb. I really hope the rates will be restored to normal pegging level as the amount will be quite a big sum.

Rate is better when you TT directly into a Malaysia Bank account. (example wire transfer from DBS Singapore to UOB Malaysia) Some small fees will be incurred.

You can call the relationship officers for the rate before you wire into the bank.

This are the few times a year that the bank board rate is better than middlemen.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is by above method then e rates r really bad. No wonder so many pp still TT via remittance company.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is by above method then e rates r really bad. No wonder so many pp still TT via remittance company.

Even TT rates fm the Aneh oso cut throat. Doesnt make sense ya. Arcade quoting 2.455 - 2.46xx for TT during mid-day. Of course it fluctuate. But still hover around tat tight range...

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe a cartel is at work. Behind e different shops, they essentially cpd b using only a few key money changers who physically transport e RM notes to SG. The rates r set by these few guys.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Between an Ah Neh and a local Chinese money changer, I would give the job anytime to the latter.

Ah Nehs just suck you dry and never return back to our society anything.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is holiday in KL today. Money TT from Singapore to Malaysia in SGD will only be converted to RM on Monday. Those remitted in RM will have no issue. Anyone knows how long does it take after you submit the TT application form to the bank in singapore before it is being processed and TT to your bank in malaysia?
Oh, so e rated is based on e Malaysia bank's (recipient) rate, n DBS only charges e service fee?