• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Even Gurkhas in SG had lost its moral fiber in a PAP government

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SUKHOI-30 & Kohliantye

I still remember the Tarzan and Jane picture cards, matt print on very thin papers:(

That tum two fires, one after the other but did not manage to consume the whole village. The villagers lost everything.

I also witness the annual ceremony during the wayang shows. One chinese opera lady singer will carry a small wooden baby from the stage to the temple.

Opposite the scrap yard, there was one provision shop that collect private 4D and my grandad would just vist the owner and buy one wherever he brought me there. Further outside along the main road is the bakery and GP doctor....sob sob.

Then on the way out, we go to KongGuan biscuit factory opposite PlayFair school and buy a few tins of "Money Pia". Sometimes to Taiseng to drink turtle soup. There was a bookstore behind the turtule shop hawker near main road. Then buy some chicken feed for mom at Man Kee Zhan where they sell corn, fowl feeds and rice. Next to that is the bicycle repair shop next to the main road.
Write leow my heart turns sour with nice memories, look around now all the FT, FT and more FT.......and some FTs.:( KNN.

Did you guys go Bugs Bunny barber at geylang? And buy xmas deco and inflatables at the shop opposite the river?

The right side of Ku Chai Pa, after the scrap iron yard was SHAW ROAD (don't know where this name hailed from).

It led to the Singapore telephone Board (STB) then guarded by Malaysian soldiers. On the corner was a 10 cents public phone booth.

A call was for 3 minutes.

I used to talk to the lady who became my partner and is now gone from my life.

On the right of this phone booth was a road leading to "Tua Char Hill" close to the Lian Hup Distillery famous for "Ngo kar pee" liquour.

This drink was famous for being cheap and within the reach of poor people.

Truly a unique product.

Sorry hor, today this drink is far beyond reach of Singaporeans - thanks to the new rules on liquour licensing based on amount of alcohol.

The new rules killed a domestic industry. Ngo Kar Pee cannot be found in Singapore.

Ha ha ha ha. MERDEKA

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to hear that bro. Wish you good health in your sliver years. You old fossil older than me I think:o:biggrin:

Tua char hill is next to a very big piece of empty land with some swamp area si bo:confused:

The right side of Ku Chai Pa, after the scrap iron yard was SHAW ROAD (don't know where this name hailed from).

It led to the Singapore telephone Board (STB) then guarded by Malaysian soldiers. On the corner was a 10 cents public phone booth.

A call was for 3 minutes.

I used to talk to the lady who became my partner and is now gone from my life.

On the right of this phone booth was a road leading to "Tua Char Hill" close to the Lian Hup Distillery famous for "Ngo kar pee" liquour.

This drink was famous for being cheap and within the reach of poor people.

Truly a unique product.

Sorry hor, today this drink is far beyond reach of Singaporeans - thanks to the new rules on liquour licensing based on amount of alcohol.

The new rules killed a domestic industry. Ngo Kar Pee cannot be found in Singapore.

Ha ha ha ha. MERDEKA

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[QUOTE=Unrepented;1021368]Sorry to hear that bro. Wish you good health in your sliver years. You old fossil older than me I think:o:biggrin:

Tua char hill is next to a very big piece of empty land with some swamp area si bo:confused:[/QUOTE]

Thank you bro. I am a senior citizen. Maybe old in age but certainly more bright then some highly paid old man.

You are right about Tua Char Hill and the swamps......

Today it is dominated by industries.

In those good ol days, I used to cycle around on my late dad's Hercules bicycle.

Ventured into and raided Tua Char Hills for rambutans and papayas.

Got chased by an angry Ah-Pek

Known as Tua Char Hill Demon.

He was the The Mafia Don of that hill.

Too poor, we used to view free black and white tv at the Singapore Telephone Board Recreation Club and Paya lebar CC at irving Road

Those days CCs were really for the people unlike today where they are only meant for the lovers of PAP.

So many right things gone wrong in a matter of years.

Scrap iron is still in demand.

PAP must learn to value old-timers and old system.

Just like LKY is precious to them so MUST WE BE.

We fought for the people with all honesty and love.

But could not buy ourselves a private home.

"THANK YOU PAP"

You are indeed HONOURABLE PEOPLE

Truly honourbal ones last long, those NOT so PERISH fast

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, fate that we meet over the airwaves to share such similiar experiences along our life's journey.

The first sentence brought a tear to my eyes. Gone were the days of principle, decodum, code of conduct, and geniune efforts from the heart:(

Salute from me to a old timer.:smile: And with thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Least I could, sir.

We fought for the people with all honesty and love.

But could not buy ourselves a private home.

"THANK YOU PAP for being a DISGRACE TODAY."

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, think we ate the rambutans from the same tree too:o.............sob sob. But we bought a bunch from the first small hut at the steps up the hill lah.:p

This getting too sentimental leow.:o

Ventured into and raided Tua Char Hills for rambutans and papayas.

Got chased by an angry Ah-Pek

Known as Tua Char Hill Demon.

He was the The Mafia Don of that hill.

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, fate that we meet over the airwaves to share such similiar experiences along our life's journey.

The first sentence brought a tear to my eyes. Gone were the days of principle, decodum, code of conduct, and geniune efforts from the heart:(

Salute from me to a old timer.:smile: And with thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Least I could, sir.

Thank you my dear son.

Take care of your family.

Guide them thru this tough period with love, care and concern.

Make them into people who care for the less fortunate who can't even get medicine in hospitals.

Emphatise, symphatise and care for these poor down-trodden people.

God will show us a way.

I may not be on the airwaves for long..........

But you, the younger generation can succeed..

Singapore will be what we all wanted it to be....

SINCERE, LOVING, CONCERNED AND RESPECTFUL

A NATION where NO one WILL Be Left Out.

We can bring this NATION FORWARD and the "WE" refers to you.............

Majulah Singapura.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, look around and think, my heart cold leow. My distant cousin and his wife just migrated to canada. I wish to follow suit and working towards it. If sucessful, I'll bring my parents ashes with me.

But, why from bro, now become son:confused: You ah ram izit:confused::biggrin:

Thank you my dear son.

Take care of your family.

Make them into people who care for the less fortunate who can't even get medicine in hospitals.

God will show us a way.

I may not be on the airwaves for long..........

But you, the younger generation can succeed..

Singapore will be what we all wanted it to be....

SINCERE, LOVING, CONCERNED AND RESPECTFUL

A NATION where NO one WILL Be Left Out.

We can bring this NATION FORWARD and the "WE" refers to you.............

Majulah Singapura.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also, think we ate the rambutans from the same tree too:o.............sob sob. But we bought a bunch from the first small hut at the steps up the hill lah.:p

This getting too sentimental leow.:o

The stall ran by "Char Bor" a lass my age now and in her teens during that time. Yes, Yes, she used to be there selling the rambutans with her mother, who used to ride an small Honda 60 cc motor cycle.
Cha Bor used to live on the top right side of the hill and we used to used her back-yard to conduct a raid on "Tua Char Hills by climbing down the valley from her "guava-trees" and sliding downwards into the swampy areas and then going uphill to raid Tua Char Hills.
We became men.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncle Kohliantye, I like you generally all the while but I have this to say, based on complaints I've received.

Down here in this forum so far, only I have a begotten son. He's called Vamjok.

Don't anyhow call anybody son and claim to be father unless he acknowledges you as dad.

It can be very offensive on the receiving end if he doesn't acknowledge you as such.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the adviCe. I always believe a good home is not just only within the four walls of our own abode. But a community that cares and make the best of the environment for all to enjoy a fruitful life. But sadly, not this place anymore.:o

Take care, be proud of your efforts, and peace.:smile:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks, look around and think, my heart cold leow. My distant cousin and his wife just migrated to canada. I wish to follow suit and working towards it. If sucessful, I'll bring my parents ashes with me.

But, why from bro, now become son:confused: You ah ram izit:confused::biggrin:

I don't mean any disrespect in calling you my son.

I sincerely feels that you can be like my own son as I can feel it thru my heart.

You are sincere and truthful.

I am almost 65 years of age.

Please don't get me wrong.

Calling you a son isd the highest respect I have for you and you sincerity.

God bless you and your loved ones.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
No offense lah.:smile: You still have many more years ahead:smile: Please look forward to the 80 years old TaSou.

I don't mean any disrespect in calling you my son.

I sincerely feels that you can be like my own son as I can feel it thru my heart.

You are sincere and truthful.

I am almost 65 years of age.

Please don't get me wrong.

Calling you a son isd the highest respect I have for you and you sincerity.

God bless you and your loved ones.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN, adult people talk , you chilli padi want to add spice izit:confused::biggrin:

Uncle Kohliantye, I like you generally all the while but I have this to say, based on complaints I've received.

Don't anyhow call anybody son and claim to be father unless he acknowledges you as dad.

It can be very offensive on the receiving end if he doesn't acknowledge you as such.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dear Ramseth, I too have all the respects for you and Unrepented.

I address him (Unrepented) as my son, for I feel that I am of age.
However, if he (Unrepented) is NOT happy, I am willing to WITHDRAW that sincere word.
At thuis age, where I have great grandchildren, nephews and neices aplenty, I find him to be worthy of such an address.
Anyway, Thanks for highlighting that issue to me.
Have a great time Ramseth. GOOD NIGHT.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am sad that the sinkie isn't dead. The grukhus has been too kind to him and let him to be alive.

GagakHitam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Malays Are Like Africans

The mudlanders are problematic. One time many years ago, my malay bro went to top up petrol in jb, but they kena robbed and his girl kena raped. seriously, they need some brainwashing with clorox.

If you check out the malay tribes like dayaks and all that crap you'll see that they are pretty savage. With mudland and indon's bumi and other type of shit laws and of course how corrupt their entire system is you are spot on that they don't have honor. Yet guess what. When their kind first sold sg to the brits and then kicked sg out of malaysia they still dare to shamelessly proclaim that sg belongs to them.

In today's world with chinese dogs abound and of course the so called racism shit that only applies if someone insults them but it's perfectly ok for them to insult everyone else especially the chinese few ppl dare call a spade a spade.

If you have read the accounts of various ppl from different ethnic groups and nationalities these m&ds don't just do it to chinese but many other races too. Examples are like this black african american man denied entry to a club by m&d bouncers. Recently one african football player called racial slurs like orang hitam by sinkie malay fans. Keling muslims get it too, in fact they do it to each other too. Indons and mudlanders constantly fight with each other. Ang mohs also get it from them too. They are a pretty disrespectful bunch.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to all people here who share their own stories of life here in Koo Chye Par.

I was only a young kid when i remembered visiting few of the villagers with my grandpa. I also remember the Koo chye pa temple and the wayang stage. My grandpa make it a point to bring us to temples to join in the festivities and to learn our culture. In fact i used to walk with him to Tai Seng to accompany him watch chinese opera near the Soon Heng Kong Kuan. My siblings has converted to their new religion and despise all the things grandpa had introduced to us when we are kids as idoltry and superstitious and do not want to associate with it anymore.

As such, these are memories which will be lost forever.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to see someone is being injured so badly but I do not believe the story is so simple. The victim must have provoked the Gurkhas officers.