• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Even Gurkhas in SG had lost its moral fiber in a PAP government

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't blame the gurkhas at all. If anyone knows how kelings behave and i know many of you are you can understand why the gurkhas behave like that. These shit skins as usual try their snake tatics on them and everyone else.

I think people have wrong impression that Gurkhas are kelings which is not.The Gurkhas belongs to the Mongoloid race along with the chinese,Japanese. Many are as fair as the chinese with straight hair ( see the video of the Gurkhas that fought thr Talibans)r. The kelings according to locals here are Tamils which is of Dravidian stock with darker skin n curly hair. They are in fact two races apart.

The Gurkha belongs to a distinct warrior tribe in Nepal and are also different from the other Nepalese.

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fight until burn the dead body one izit:confused:

Do you remember the rows of small houses at the side for all the indian janitors?

So you must remember Kalimuthu, the Indian peon in khaki who would whistle and "molest" schoolgirls.
And the bearded "indian" who used to sell roti with kaya and margarine.
Hantam-bola and the Chinese wayang-stage in Loring Koo Chye where a Chinese lady sold "goreng pisang and kledek".

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just imagine if the gurkhas revolt in singapore.they can easily take over our poodles force and cause massive damage.Even British are cutting down their gurkhas contigent.

Please don't under-estimate our local police officers.
This is their Nation, this are their people, this is their home and this is their future.
They are more committed to serving the people then the government of the day.
They won't be so silly to hurt their own people.
In the event of any crisis affecting the Gurkhas, these local policemen will outshine the Gurkhas.
Remember it were the local police who eliminated Lim Ban Lim, Morgan, Oh Kim Kee and Lau Ngut Fong and many more.
So many local police officers have laid down their life because of fellow Singaporeans.
The Gurkhas "may have shown valour" to the British asa they were beholden to them.
They may have been at Pulau Tekong or present at St heliers Avenue in the wee hours of the morning in maybe 1967.
But that does not mean that they are better off then our local police officers.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
But First, Be Strong

Please don't under-estimate our local police officers.

This is their Nation, this are their people, this is their home and this is their future.

They may have been at Pulau Tekong or present at St heliers Avenue in the wee hours of the morning in maybe 1967.

But that does not mean that they are better off then our local police officers.

I feel like laughing but I would like to give my commendation to your ... positive attitude. So, are you going to serve the nation ? Be strong ! Be fearless !

[video=youtube;sYY04f203eo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYY04f203eo&feature=fvwrel[/video]

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Burmese ?

ACtually to be honest gurkhas aren't considered keling they look rather chinese it's just that their royal family in nepal look more like keling but those royals aren't gurkhas. Gurkhas are just 1 ethnic group among a few in nepal. The nepalese royal family had some tragedy few yrs back.

Nepalese or Burmese ?

800px-NASA_Landsat_7_Nepal.png

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think people have wrong impression that Gurkhas are kelings which is not.The Gurkhas belongs to the Mongoloid race along with the chinese,Japanese. Many are as fair as the chinese with straight hair ( see the video of the Gurkhas that fought thr Talibans)r. The kelings according to locals here are Tamils which is of Dravidian stock with darker skin n curly hair. They are in fact two races apart.

The Gurkha belongs to a distinct warrior tribe in Nepal and are also different from the other Nepalese.

Yes i have alreadt mentioned it. They look very chinese/korean. They are nepali but they are a distinct ethnic group in nepal. It's just like how sg has chinese, malay and so on.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays Are Like Africans

One thing i have noticed is that these m&ds are the most disrespectful assholes around. Provoked others. You'll hear of malays doing it to chinese, keling and all other races and they get the most sensitive if they get bullied.

When I was just a kid, I was on a return trip (tour) from Langkawi Island to Mersing, three Malay boys were teasing me in Malay while laughing. Of course, I heck care them lah. They have no future from my point of view and they are just riff-raff who would 'graduate' to become fishermen, boatmen or selling Ramli burgers with their bikes.

Better watch out for those bloody Malays, they are savages who knows no honour. And they were quite ugly too. Especially, their big noses and mouths.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Malays Are Like Africans

When I was just a kid, I was on a return trip (tour) from Langkawi Island to Mersing, three Malay boys were teasing me in Malay while laughing. Of course, I heck care them lah. They have no future from my point of view and they are just riff-raff who would 'graduate' to become fishermen, boatmen or selling Ramli burgers with their bikes.

Better watch out for those bloody Malays, they are savages who knows no honour. And they were quite ugly too. Especially, their big noses and mouths.

If you check out the malay tribes like dayaks and all that crap you'll see that they are pretty savage. With mudland and indon's bumi and other type of shit laws and of course how corrupt their entire system is you are spot on that they don't have honor. Yet guess what. When their kind first sold sg to the brits and then kicked sg out of malaysia they still dare to shamelessly proclaim that sg belongs to them.

In today's world with chinese dogs abound and of course the so called racism shit that only applies if someone insults them but it's perfectly ok for them to insult everyone else especially the chinese few ppl dare call a spade a spade.

If you have read the accounts of various ppl from different ethnic groups and nationalities these m&ds don't just do it to chinese but many other races too. Examples are like this black african american man denied entry to a club by m&d bouncers. Recently one african football player called racial slurs like orang hitam by sinkie malay fans. Keling muslims get it too, in fact they do it to each other too. Indons and mudlanders constantly fight with each other. Ang mohs also get it from them too. They are a pretty disrespectful bunch.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gurkha is not a race. A son of a gurkha is therefore not a gurkha unless he becomes a mercenary. Even a Nepali soldier is not a Gurkha cos he is serving his own country and therefore not a mercenary.
However, Gurkhas traditionally come from the mongol type Nepalis, not the majority north Indian types.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gurkha is not a race. A son of a gurkha is therefore not a gurkha unless he becomes a mercenary. Even a Nepali soldier is not a Gurkha cos he is serving his own country and therefore not a mercenary.
However, Gurkhas traditionally come from the mongol type Nepalis, not the majority north Indian types.

At least you are right on this count.:biggrin:

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Wiki...Nepal has 2 Gurkhas battalion..... Shree Purano Gorakh Battalion and Shree Naya Gorakh battalion

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Brit once told me that British recuited their Gurkhas who live at higher altitude while India recuited those who lived at lower altitude. Those who live in lower altitude are more indian looking while those living at higher altitude are Mongoloid looking

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Brit once told me that British recuited their Gurkhas who live at higher altitude while India recuited those who lived at lower altitude. Those who live in lower altitude are more indian looking while those living at higher altitude are Mongoloid looking

if that's the case why is this so? Is it due to the "racism" thing those kelings have for preferring their own kind?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Barbarians ?

They could be one of those northern pastoral people who were chased away by the Mongols which they ended up in India instead.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, my granddad had an estate there. Last tum, called Koo Chye Pa, and the village headmen was Kim Sua, if I remember correctly:o Near by was Lim Teck Bu or something:o

The wayang stage opposite the temple, middle is a white gravel sandy open space. During wayang shows, hawkers will setup stalls left of the stage and stretch all the way to the iron scrap yard near the main road.:p There will be ticam ticam stalls. The village manual alarm bell tower next to the wayang stage.

I remember a lady that sold pisang near the provision shop up the steps to the left of the wayang stage though. Sometimes, we buy from the stretch of malay houses out the fence next to bartley school.

I really missed the chinese swords made out of compress paper that they sold during the shows:o

Indian man sell roti, next to kopitiam along the slope izit:confused:

My grandad use to drink kopi at the kopitiam next to the temple when ever he visits the place, and brings me along for pork bun:p. Sometimes, he will also visit the Angmo commander of the Gurkha camp and I play with the angmo kid. I remember the angmo got a chinese wife. Also, walk walk around and saw Gurkhas also grow veges along all the pavements and walk ways. But not allowed to play with the little Gurkhas.:( then.

Many stories lah, bro. I missed old times.

So you must remember Kalimuthu, the Indian peon in khaki who would whistle and "molest" schoolgirls.
And the bearded "indian" who used to sell roti with kaya and margarine.
Hantam-bola and the Chinese wayang-stage in Loring Koo Chye where a Chinese lady sold "goreng pisang and kledek".

Last edited:

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, exactly. I remember my grandpa mentioned about Koo Chye Pa and Lim Teck bu/Kim Chuan Road when he told us stories of the Gurkhas in the 1960s. In fact he always mentioned about the temple call Seng Ong Gong in Koo Chye Pa where he always frequent. If i amnot wrong, the temple shifted to Arumugan Road and renamed Koo Chye Ba Sheng Hong Temple.

My Grandpa was familiar with the Hokkien villagers in the area. In the past the temple was the centre of activities for the chinese who held wayangs, meetings, cultural activities for the chinese communities. In fact the wayang stage held classes for school kids. When the govt resettled them the whole community disappear along with traditional chinese culture. Nowadays, Churches took their place as the children of these villagers became educated and converted to the new religion.

My grandpa told us the Gurkhas were a friendly people, quite chatty but fair and disciplined. They were very fit and they ran very morning in great distance. The only vices they had is drinking and woman. They loves to drink in a group, always frequenting the small chinese village coffeshop for beers. They always pay in time and never owed them. My grandpa narrated about how the Gurkhas brought a live pig from the villagers, BBQ it and have a feast of roast pork and alcohol. Many of the chinese villagers joined in as well.

It is sad that the lively villagers in these areas in the past have become industrial zones. The Gurkhas also no longer mixed with the locals like they did in the past.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To UNREPENTED and SUKHOI-30,

YOU BOTH BROUGHT MEMORIES OF THOSE GOOD OLD DAYS BACK. THANK YOU.

Very well put.
There was a Fire-Fighting Pondok with red pails filled with sand and cone-shaped fire-extinguishers.
On the right side of that massive stage was the home of one Mr Ang with many "Magnolia" vans. His son (Ang) from Bartley Primary School who used to treat we, the children of poor peasants, with free fresh milk then in "pyramid"-shaped packs. Thank you Junior Ang.
Lim Teck Boo was far away and closer to Elling North School which was after Jalan Waspada. There was also a wayang stage there.
The Ku Chai Pa scrap-iron yard was owned by a bent and grumpy old man who went by the name of "Ah Ooo". We used to sell him copper wires and iron at a price that could buy us many goodies.
The poor goreng-pisang women opened the stall there when her husband died leaving behind her young children.
Those were the days when the government was so liberal and that style of governance made many people self-sufficient. It was truly a care and share spirit.
Sorry its not the same today, where there is a huge gap between the rich and peasants.
We used to play "ang-kong-chua" with pictures of Tarzan & Jane, "Batman" and "Superman" and "goondu" or kuti-kuti under the wayang stage.
There was also a permanent "ice-ball" stall where you can purchased half an ice-ball with "attap-chee" in the middle cut into two..
The temple was dedicated to a barber who used to "thiaw-tang".
Yes the Gurkhas were there always. They were a very disciplined lot and would allow the kampong folks to go to their camp in Mt Vernon to watch movies on screens. They were very different from today's Gurkhas.
Those were the days before a lone Osama Bin Laden placed the most powerful country in the World in fear and mademany of the supporters of USA paranoid.
Show me a military camp or police station today that is opened to the public.
BTW, the "bearded Indian man" was a stall holder in Bartley Primary School which then had a very strict Eurasian prinicipal.
The row of Malay homes were havens of "kueh-mueh" Melayu.
Bartley Primary school had the worst field and the students had to use our field at Bartley Secondary for the annual sports day.
Those days when students were each given a peice of cake and Ovaltine thanks to Wanders & Sons. The ovaltine van used to be the shape of an Ovaltine tin.
There were many students from Rama Krishna Mission Home. They used to march to school and many of them excelled in school exams.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
SUKHOI-30 & Kohliantye

I still remember the Tarzan and Jane picture cards, matt print on very thin papers:(

That tum two fires, one after the other but did not manage to consume the whole village. The villagers lost everything.

I also witness the annual ceremony during the wayang shows. One chinese opera lady singer will carry a small wooden baby from the stage to the temple.

Opposite the scrap yard, there was one provision shop that collect private 4D and my grandad would just vist the owner and buy one wherever he brought me there. Further outside along the main road is the bakery and GP doctor....sob sob.

Then on the way out, we go to KongGuan biscuit factory opposite PlayFair school and buy a few tins of "Money Pia". Sometimes to Taiseng to drink turtle soup. There was a bookstore behind the turtule shop hawker near main road. Then buy some chicken feed for mom at Man Kee Zhan where they sell corn, fowl feeds and rice. Next to that is the bicycle repair shop next to the main road.

Write leow my heart turns sour with nice memories, look around now all the FT, FT and more FT.......and some FTs.:( KNN.

Did you guys go Bugs Bunny barber at geylang? And buy xmas deco and inflatables at the shop opposite the river?

To UNREPENTED and SUKHOI-30,

YOU BOTH BROUGHT MEMORIES OF THOSE GOOD OLD DAYS BACK. THANK YOU.