• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

European Champions League 2009-10

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Group A

Bayern Munich
Juventus
Bordeaux
Maccabi Haifa

Group B

Manchester United
CSKA Moskow
Besiktas
Wolfsburg

Group C

AC Milan
Real Madrid
Marseille
Zurich

Group D

Chelsea
Porto
Atletico Madrid
APOEL

Group E

Liverpool
Lyon
Fiorentina
Debreceni

Group F

Barcelona
Inter Milan
Dynamo Kiev
Rubin Kazan

Group G

Sevilla
Rangers
Stuttgart
Unirea Urziceni

Group H

Arsenal
AZ Alkmaar
Olympiakos
Standard Liege

jw5

Loyal
Those in groups C and F are screwed
I don't think so.
I think Milan, Real, Barca and Inter will qualify easily from these groups. Just a question of first or second.
In my opinion, the toughest groups are D and E.
Porto and Atletico Madrid can be very tricky opponents, Chelsea should try to buy Aguero as soon as possible. :smile:
Lyon and Fiorentina can also be tricky.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
D looks like the toughest one although i think chelsea should probably have no problems based on current form...oh and you are right E could be tricky for the Reds...hope Aquilani is fit and in form to provide a new spark for Reds' CL campaign..

I don't think so.
I think Milan, Real, Barca and Inter will qualify easily from these groups. Just a question of first or second.
In my opinion, the toughest groups are D and E.
Porto and Atletico Madrid can be very tricky opponents, Chelsea should try to buy Aguero as soon as possible. :smile:
Lyon and Fiorentina can also be tricky.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Group C, after Pot 1 and Pot 2 drew AC Milan and Real Madrid, I think that Marseille and Zurich hearts sank with Pot 3 and Pot 4 drew them in.

Best draw I think is Group G, evenly matched and anything goes.

Overall, I think that it's a vey good draw for all 5 British clubs, all avoided the big guns. If any of them don't make it through, they only have themselves to blame.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is my expert prediction of the last 16 with Loserpool being the only big-name casualty of the group stage.

Bayern Munich
Juventus
Manchester United
Wolfsburg
AC Milan
Real Madrid
Chelsea
Atletico Madrid
Lyon
Fiorentina
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Sevilla
Stuttgart
Arsenal
AZ Alkmaar

jw5

Loyal
In Group C, after Pot 1 and Pot 2 drew AC Milan and Real Madrid, I think that Marseille and Zurich hearts sank with Pot 3 and Pot 4 drew them in.

Best draw I think is Group G, evenly matched and anything goes.

Overall, I think that it's a vey good draw for all 5 British clubs, all avoided the big guns. If any of them don't make it through, they only have themselves to blame.
Sevilla would be the favourites in group G.
The second spot would be up for grabs.
I think Man Utd would actually benefit from being in a group that does not have top notch opponents but has long trips. It will allow Fergie to rotate players including the youngsters, and see who really has the skills and toughness to be a good player.
When they had Ronaldo and Tevez, it would have been better to have tougher opponents but easier trips.

Bo_ChaP

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry seeing this thread, i can't help to let go abit.. bloody starhub and singtel.. just because mio tv isn't that popular, starhub gave a piece of the soccer market share to them and in doing so, not lowering the subscription of starhub soccer channel. By claiming singtel outbid them is just a stupid marketing ploy out to con people like us... who is the main boss of these two company.. a simple search will do and show that it belongs to a certain company in singapore.. now it is totally making no sense paying the same price but viewing lesser competition in starhub... by giving free soccer channels which only air some pathetic live scottish league matches and replay champion's league matches(goal tv1 annd 2) don't compensate the loss of LIVE champion league matches..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Group stage kickoff this midweek:

Tuesday
Chelsea v. Porto
Besiktas v. Manchester United

Wednesday
Liverpool v. Debrecen
Standard Liege v. Arsenal

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
real madrid really impressive yesterday.
i think english club meet their match
i hope top 4 can be in same final group with RM.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is my expert prediction of the last 16 with Loserpool being the only big-name casualty of the group stage.

Bayern Munich
Juventus
Manchester United
Wolfsburg
AC Milan
Real Madrid
Chelsea
Atletico Madrid
Lyon
Fiorentina

Barcelona
Inter Milan
Sevilla
Stuttgart
Arsenal
AZ Alkmaar

As Usual, Spot on prediction from the great one!!:p

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Small consolation for Capt Bully Gerrard,
he might kissing the Europa League cup
instead of T.V. camera next year.:biggrin:
Whahaha!!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6zWokqRz34&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6zWokqRz34&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why such a big club can miss the champion league in Europe. Is this a joke.
i think their trip to singapore did not help in their current session.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern Munich--IN
Juventus--OUT
Manchester United--Of course 100% IN!!
Wolfsburg--OUT
AC Milan--IN
Real Madrid--IN
Chelsea--IN
Atletico Madrid--OUT
Lyon--IN
Fiorentina--IN at the expense of Loserpool
Barcelona--IN
Inter Milan--IN
Sevilla--IN
Stuttgart--IN
Arsenal--Unfortunately IN
AZ Alkmaar--OUT

Not bad, 12 out of 16.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United has already priorly qualified. The game against Wolfburg was only a question of placing. Michael Owen made good use of being off-pressure to smooth into top form with a hat-trick. If he keeps this form and free from injuries, he can prove quite useful to Manchester United and dangerous to the others.