• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Elections Results Shows That.....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Things hasn’t exactly moved in last decade for opposition.....

1) Opposition politics still stuck in 2011
2) Oppie voters are very patient and optimistic.....always looking to next elections

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

2) Oppie voters are very patient and optimistic.....always looking to next elections

I think there has been a change. The younger voters below 40 are not happy.

So in new estates like sengkang you saw what happened.

Otherwise the older parents still have a strong influence on their children.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on the increase in non PAP MPs elected, the share of the votes, nd close fights, I believe that there is hope, because these results will encourage more individuals to step forward for the next general elections.
Inspite of the odds and obstacles, the Workers Party and its volunteers have done well.
Keep it up.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone with the same sentiments finally.....not sure what the hullabaloo is all about......

after ten years we are back to square one?

Swing a little here and there basically nothing has changed fundamentally......Singapore is fundamentally still the same.....and the situation might be untenable now.....with foreigners at 50 percent.hoe many more elections do sinkies have before we pass the point of no return and are truly farked?maybe we are already farked....I mean can u really reverse things at this point,does it feel the same....?I think sg past the point of no return.

What is this some kind of TV show or soccer match,win or lose doesn't matter life goes on as usual there's the next FIFA world cup.

i dunno how many more 10 years I have in me.....maybe not even one more

Last edited:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Female army general also can win! Really shake my head!
I have come to this conclusion that Sinkies luv the PAP... Everyday kpkb but still vote them in!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think there has been a change. The younger voters below 40 are not happy.

So in new estates like sengkang you saw what happened.

Otherwise the older parents still have a strong influence on their children.
a lot of elderly parents from hougangbanger sold their flats in hg and moved in with their adult children in senglongkang. they brought the wankers' votes over.

Last edited:

4Sgie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Post mortem
1) The young generation has different set of priorities and expectations.
2) The GRC created to mute the eloquent/charismatic contester is no longer effective in the age of growing digital media.
3) Party branding is important. WP’s long term branding of itself as a political responsible opposition is paying off. People are no longer afraid of a bogeyman as in the past, being implanted by the incumbent into the mind of the people.
4) Myriad of social, economic and political issues that are suddenly dug out, instead of showing the incumbents are mind-over-matter, showed how incompetent and ineffective the incumbents have been.
5) growing savviness, awareness and ability to question the status quo as the older, useless generation slowing exiting the political landscape.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

oppo are all fartup lah
never learn from past experiences
still divided still individualistic still immature kpkb
no concrete unity
simply useless and ineffective
dr ang, dr paul , dr tan , dr chee ,mr lim tean, nicole seah,pritam, sylvia ...all worked very hard
you hear some of the oppo candidates broadcasts you go to sleep
the bad impression stays and they are reflected inside the voting booth
the oppo really gave a very bad and lousy image
and some don't even turn up for their broadcasts
lidat how to win people hearts - in the end all mati one by one
but just too individualistic - all lost
why can't they just unite under one umbrella!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies vote Pap candidates based on party brand, but vote oppo party based on party candidates
Dumbfuck oppie voters still looking to party brand. How else can WP win?
Party candidates branding somewhat correct with regards to TCB who was helped by LHY
But when opposition can still only managed 20-30% of votes against this fucked up PAP in some wards....you know we are still stuck in LKY era time

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New water shed point, breaking the 70% grip -on top of retaining Hougang + Aljunied, winning Sengkang.
Despite being the handouts (from OUR reserves)

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sinkies are still shaking and trembing
afraid to try new people
afraid to rock the boat
afraid to vote otherwise
afraid of this afraid of that afraid of everything
the fear is real - very real for those who had faced it
so don't blame the sinkies
they are always afraid to do otherwise ...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
New water shed point, breaking the 70% grip -on top of retaining Hougang + Aljunied, winning Sengkang.
Despite being the handouts (from OUR reserves)

these are just tokens for you sinkies to toy with
the real battle is the big victory
west coast is a big big big disappointment
but again...sinkies have to think very carefully if west coast fall how
so better don't rock the boat
we are are sinking sinkies..so be it

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

You’ve heard Bro @zeddy

The Sammyboy Spirit Shall Prevail!!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GRC system still working its magic with dumbo voters unwilling to vote out fucked up ministers.
Suggest next time have 5 GRCs enough. North south east west and central

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Someone with the same sentiments finally.....not sure what the hullabaloo is all about......

after ten years we are back to square one?

Swing a little here and there basically nothing has changed fundamentally......Singapore is fundamentally still the same.....and the situation might be untenable now.....with foreigners at 50 percent.hoe many more elections do sinkies have before we pass the point of no return and are truly farked?maybe we are already farked....I mean can u really reverse things at this point,does it feel the same....?I think sg past the point of no return.

What is this some kind of TV show or soccer match,win or lose doesn't matter life goes on as usual there's the next FIFA world cup.

i dunno how many more 10 years I have in me.....maybe not even one more

Most voters don't want to change the PAP government because in spite of its flaws, the PAP government had done fairly well as compared against neighbouring governments or those in the developed societies. Covid-19 had killed hundreds of thousands worldwide, while barely 30 people died in Singapore, mostly foreigners.

Even the kind of oppies that sinkies prefer are the oppies who behave almost like PAP in public policy. Sinkies mostly reject oppies like JBJ, Lim Tean, Chee regardless of how eloquent they come across. These oppies have public policies that are too different from PAP.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Post mortem
1) The young generation has different set of priorities and expectations.
2) The GRC created to mute the eloquent/charismatic contester is no longer effective in the age of growing digital media.
3) Party branding is important. WP’s long term branding of itself as a political responsible opposition is paying off. People are no longer afraid of a bogeyman as in the past, being implanted by the incumbent into the mind of the people.
4) Myriad of social, economic and political issues that are suddenly dug out, instead of showing the incumbents are mind-over-matter, showed how incompetent and ineffective the incumbents have been.
5) growing savviness, awareness and ability to question the status quo as the older, useless generation slowing exiting the political landscape.
Another factor would be the unprecedented wider msm coverage given to the opposition.

I have been observing local politics since the 1979 by elections and in all local elections from then to-date I have never seen the opposition being given such wide extensive relatively fair and balanced msm coverage, both on the telly and in print.

Very refreshing and a very pleasant surprise.

Hope to see this continue and perhaps become even more balanced and fair in the next GE and beyond.