• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eco Botanic @ Nusajaya

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not trying to spoil the super gung ho and money spending mood but
Living near high tension cable the chances of getting leukemia is very high
studies was done on area with high tension wire and the results found that incidence of child
getting leukemia or cancer doubled if living within 100 meters of the high tension cable

If you stay in Singapore, they are mostly a few meters underground. Just a few meters only.

hakawei8

Hi,

i went for ballot but not selected. Anyone selected who want to find partner to share the property in Eco Botanic?

Sotong007, do you manage to get a unit?

Pls PM me.

Eric

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theme and quality of materials will be different. I hope for high rise the rubbish chute is there.

for one, econest certainly has more units (3 blocks of >30 levels each) than ujana which is only 1 block I believe. And ujana is built by UEM land, a reputable developer –ecoworld has yet to make its mark though most of its staff is from sp setia. Moreover, East ledang seems to be a more prestigious address compared to eco botanics. A pro for econest is it will be an integrated mall, commercial and residential condo but as what can be said for medina area and country garden, it remains a question whether the mall can pull it off together with the other commercial lots

kopiman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel the commercial lots and the mall in Ecoworld can definitely make it as it has the great support from the large pool of the local and the some foreigners. Most of the local investors, bizman are aware that ecoworld's top management are from the Sp Setia and Setia has established a very good track record on how to even make a remote area a successful township such as Setia Indah Johor, Setia Alam and etc.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
for one, econest certainly has more units (3 blocks of >30 levels each) than ujana which is only 1 block I believe. And ujana is built by UEM land, a reputable developer –ecoworld has yet to make its mark though most of its staff is from sp setia. Moreover, East ledang seems to be a more prestigious address compared to eco botanics. A pro for econest is it will be an integrated mall, commercial and residential condo but as what can be said for medina area and country garden, it remains a question whether the mall can pull it off together with the other commercial lots

I think there are too many malls in that location with mostly weekenders. How so many shops can survive is a mystery :rolleyes: The jams at the links put a cap to the limit of shoppers from Singapore.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there are too many malls in that location with mostly weekenders. How so many shops can survive is a mystery :rolleyes: The jams at the links put a cap to the limit of shoppers from Singapore.

Nowadays in JB, I don’t see much price difference for the stuffs in the mall. We see the same generic brands in the JB malls compared to SG malls such as Giordano, levis etc and for most of the branded stuffs, price is lower in SG due to the high import tax imposed by msia on foreign brands. Even the f&b in the JB malls are only slightly cheaper than that in SG – which includes the fast food. Only the movies in the malls are significantly cheaper in msia compared to sg but how many movies can you view in a day or so – unless you decide to go for movie marathon. The weak ringgit now is drawing shoppers into JB but on the other hand, the jams and crime rate are keeping some potential shoppers away. If consumer price continue to rise in msia (esp the stuffs in the mall which offsets the gain in purchasing power of SGD as a result of weakening ringgit) and assuming the crime rate continues to cause concern, I doubt all these malls can thrive. As of now, the only successful malls in JB are Jusco AEON, City Square and Sutera Mall.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was having a meal at a chain-restuarant in citysquare mall recently. The cost of a meal is about 50% of the same meal I pay in the same resturant in Singapore. The weak ringgit is certainly the attraction to Singaporeans. It will be a stronger magnet for singaporean if SGD is to strengthen in future especially the retirees.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was having a meal at a chain-restuarant in citysquare mall recently. The cost of a meal is about 50% of the same meal I pay in the same resturant in Singapore. The weak ringgit is certainly the attraction to Singaporeans. It will be a stronger magnet for singaporean if SGD is to strengthen in future especially the retirees.

may I know what restaurant is that. My general observation is dining in eateries in JB shopping mall is only slightly cheaper than equivalent in SG

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you stay in Singapore, they are mostly a few meters underground. Just a few meters only.

there is probably a lot more EMF in dense singapore than in ulu nusajaya. and all this "2 times more likely" should be taken in perspective. one is likely to be , what ? 10 times more likely to be robbed, 5 times more likely to be in a traffic accident, etc in malaysia than in singapore? EMF is the least of the worries. but is ecobotanic really that great ? balloting? people shouting for joy when their name is called? 990k for a cluster isn't cheap..

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theme and quality of materials will be different. I hope for high rise the rubbish chute is there.

you're right. going by Setia's quality (i.e very very normal quality!), ujana should be better quality!

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not good to mention name here. It is a hongkong chain restuarant at the basement of citysquare mall.

haa. this is as good as mentioning the name for those who frequent CS.i ate there last friday. baked cheese steak set + drink cost me nearly RM30. Not familiar with the price in the SG branch. Would it have cost me rm60 or SGD23 in SG?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
sounds like a setia project through and through.. !

This will compete with Skytrees by SP setia which is also a commercial integrated condo abeit not exactly in the same location. this is priced below skytree with indicative psf of 900 and above

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
haa. this is as good as mentioning the name for those who frequent CS.i ate there last friday. baked cheese steak set + drink cost me nearly RM30. Not familiar with the price in the SG branch. Would it have cost me rm60 or SGD23 in SG?

Prices of restaurants/shops in jb are generally 2/3 of SG cost. On the malls, yes I think Sutera, Jusco Aeon, City Sq & KSL sre doing well now.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hve u guys been to their ecobotanic showroom? i must say the quality looks much better than Sp -S'tia qualify. The layout and designs are v nice...Their showroom is available now.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hve u guys been to their ecobotanic showroom? i must say the quality looks much better than Sp -S'tia qualify. The layout and designs are v nice...Their showroom is available now.

the only chance of getting the landed now is subsales or bumi lots (for msians)