• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eco Botanic @ Nusajaya

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are these prices good for buyers? Will the owners make a loss selling?

no no definately no loss. Those prices already factor in all interest paid and transaction fee. Last chance for flipper to bail out - but they already took forex loss if buying with SG. Myr was 2.56 then now 3.02

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
no no definately no loss. Those prices already factor in all interest paid and transaction fee. Last chance for flipper to bail out - but they already took forex loss if buying with SG. Myr was 2.56 then now 3.02

I think they should just hold it. Hold for another year or two. The market is not good now for seller..... i mean flippers.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought if sell now will also kena the RPGT which is quite high? This is also factored in?

Wonder if the sellers are mainly flippers wanting to make profits or they have a change in plans.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
RGPT is only paid on the profits. No need to pay if there's loss if I'm not mistaken.

Oh ya, I heard about that too. But if like UsernameX said, the owners are not making any loss, then they might have to pay for the RGPT, which I think is quite high in the 1st year? They also have to take into account any interest paid to bank so far (if they took loan). If they are foreigner, then exchange rate loss also.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya, I heard about that too. But if like UsernameX said, the owners are not making any loss, then they might have to pay for the RGPT, which I think is quite high in the 1st year? They also have to take into account any interest paid to bank so far (if they took loan). If they are foreigner, then exchange rate loss also.

Talking about RGPT, do you guys know that Malaysians are entitled to waive payments for RGPT once in their lifetime.
That means they do not need to pay RGPT when they exercise this right. Therefore they would wait until they feel they made max profits from sale within the 5 year period. Does Singapore has this rule?

Merlion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about RGPT, do you guys know that Malaysians are entitled to waive payments for RGPT once in their lifetime.
That means they do not need to pay RGPT when they exercise this right. Therefore they would wait until they feel they made max profits from sale within the 5 year period. Does Singapore has this rule?
Dun think so.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Owners will be collecting their keys for Phase 1 of this maiden EcoWorld project.

Used to be said that those owners who successfully balloted and secured a unit, was akin to getting a jackpot, some 3 years ago.
At that time, there were more than 2000 buyers balloting for less than 300 units and it was a big success story for EcoWorld.
Let's see if the end product from EcoWorld lives up to its much vaunted reputation.
A lot of eyes will be on the quality of this project as this is really their 1st ever virgin project to handover to their buyers.:biggrin:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eco Botanic commercial area has plenty of empty shop lots. I think at least 90% of the shop lots are empty!

Starbucks, Kuu (Tea Garden), Ying Ker Lou, Yi Jia Restaurant, Pork Restaurant (serious this "restaurant" only has two items on its menu - pig parts noodles and pig parts rice), and two or three others. That about it!

The commercial shop lots area also has I think two blocks of high rise apartments which just received TOP I am told, but those apartments are damn close to the high tension power lines. Only idiots will want to stay in them.

If you are buying or renting the Eco Botanic cluster or semi-d houses, you must make sure that your unit is far away from the high tension power lines, which are everywhere!

JB is massively overbuilt - commercial, residential, retail, you name it they overbuilt it.

Matter of time before prices come crashing down.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
2018 might be even worse than 2017 for properties in JB. However I don't think prices will crash (likely further corrections to 2011-2012 levels) because there is plenty of support for below $500k RM housing.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
2018 might be even worse than 2017 for properties in JB. However I don't think prices will crash (likely further corrections to 2011-2012 levels) because there is plenty of support for below $500k RM housing.

By mid-year, we'll probably see the completion of the 2 major condo development by Chinese developers, the Country Garden @ Danga bay and the Princess Cove.
Together, this 2 developments already has more than 10,000 units, not including those within the city area.
Imagine the number of units available for rental coming into the already weak market?
Those already in the market, especially like those in the rural western Iskandar side will face fierce competition from the city ones.
More will face poorer rental returns while some unlucky ones, even zero rental returns.
This will hurt the small time investors real bad.
The consequences are obvious.