• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is the current scale of Taxes payable to Authorities - State & Federal ?
cos' I understand that if One sells a property with 5 years,..Seler muse pay "Real Property Tax Gains",..of something like 50% (if sell during first year), every year reduced by 10 % or something,..?

As for Ujana,..at first Property Agent said, "oh, 5 years calculated from flat completion"
now, Agent says, "oh, 5 years calculated from S&P Date",..

..seems that there are plenty of huge loop-holes to be expoited, subject to intrepretation.

Does anyone Know Maha Developers well ? How to compare Nusa Heights, and the new Pines' Residence,..to Ujana ?
cos' Maha offered a unit for something like RM 350k,..but will state RM 500k in S&P <-what are the risks, up-side, downsides ?

Woud the truly knowledged, care to clarify ?

Found these 2 blogs ..and i hv been using that as a guide...u can double check with your lawyer

http://siao1.blogspot.sg/2012/03/legal-fees-and-stamp-duty-for.html

http://voyager8.blogspot.sg/2011/11/cost-of-buying-and-owning-property-in.html

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi KopiKong, :smile: Have u engage a contractor for reno yet? any reliable one to recommend? BTW r u moving in first then reno later?
Thanks for sharing

Nothing much for my reno.

I just paint up the walls, installed the air con, lightings, put up the curtains, build-in the wardrobes and put in the usual furniture and it is nice and cosy for stay already. There is no major hacking involved.

Reliable contractor? I guess myself become my own contractor is more reliable, lol.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello all ELers,

I've finally got my keys and vehicle access card today and was Very Impressed with the security system of EL.

Firstly, thanks to Phase One's Pro 'something' committee, the guards in EL are now Gurkhas!!! They are super pro and even UEM's 'House-Handover' staff member was denied trying to bring me into EL just by saying that I'm a new owner in P2 going to inspect the house. The guards insisted on the procedure of securing my driving license without compromise, even if UEM's staff member is present.

Secondly, the Gurkhas are on foot patrol at every moment. I went in during day time and also at night and even at pitched dark, they were patrolling with torch lights at the rear of Phase 2(presently no street lights yet).

Thirdly, they have installed vibration sensors and contact point sensors at every windows and sliding doors of P2 houses(not sure whether P1 houses have that?), including those at level 2.

Fourthly, the security department of EL confirmed with me that there are vibration sensors all around the perimeter fencing of EL, if someone tries to climb over the fence or cut it, alarm will be triggered at the guard house and the Gurkhas will be alerted. They even perform regular checks by shaking the fence to check whether the sensors are working properly or not.

Overall security of EL - Excellent!

Last edited:

Mu8811

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello all ELers,

I've finally got my keys and vehicle access card today and was Very Impressed with the security system of EL.

Firstly, thanks to Phase One's Pro 'something' committee, the guards in EL are now Gurkhas!!! They are super pro and even UEM's 'House-Handover' staff member was denied trying to bring me into EL just by saying that I'm a new owner in P2 going to inspect the house. The guards insisted on the procedure of securing my driving license without compromise, even if UEM's staff member is present.

Secondly, the Gurkhas are on foot patrol at every moment. I went in during day time and also at night and even at pitched dark, they were patrolling with torch lights at the rear of Phase 2(presently no street lights yet).

Thirdly, they have installed vibration sensors and contact point sensors at every windows and sliding doors of P2 houses(not sure whether P1 houses have that?), including those at level 2.

Fourthly, the security department of EL confirmed with me that there are vibration sensors all around the perimeter fencing of EL, if someone tries to climb over the fence or cut it, alarm will be triggered at the guard house and the Gurkhas will be alerted. They even perform regular checks by shaking the fence to check whether the sensors are working properly or not.

hi ! bro , i still very scare to stay here , like not safe ! maybe ph 2 still no body move in now bc UEM very slow ,still dun have electric meter and water meter , they comfirm need take 3 month to install it and clear all defect in hourse ..my house the wall and floor all wet and ceiling also got many rain water come in and the sling door can not lock it , i think the swiming pool can become mosquito hourse !!!!! so poor this builder....they said all defect need three month to do it bc not manpower to do .....

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi ! bro , i still very scare to stay here , like not safe ! maybe ph 2 still no body move in now bc UEM very slow ,still dun have electric meter and water meter , they comfirm need take 3 month to install it and clear all defect in hourse ..my house the wall and floor all wet and ceiling also got many rain water come in and the sling door can not lock it , i think the swiming pool can become mosquito hourse !!!!! so poor this builder....they said all defect need three month to do it bc not manpower to do .....

Hi Mu8811,

Are you staying in Singapore now?
Yah, Phase 2 doesn't have electricity yet, not even for the street lamps so no one would dare to stay there yet, except the construction workers :biggrin: Hehe!

Mu8811

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Mu8811,

Are you staying in Singapore now?
Yah, Phase 2 doesn't have electricity yet, not even for the street lamps so no one would dare to stay there yet, except the construction workers :biggrin: Hehe!

I stay in both country ! Singapore and Malaysia ! Some time Malaysia 3 to 5 day per week

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On a side note, through the process of collecting my keys today, 1 staff member asked me whether or not I'm selling my unit as she has customer/s asking her to keep a look out.
Another staff member told me that if I'm renting out, he can link me up directly with those who have been asking him if any owners are renting out.

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello all ELers,

Hi Investor,
I would like to know more abt the vibration sensors on windows and door of phase 2 hse, u mean semi d or bungalows ?
Thanks

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor,
I would like to know more abt the vibration sensors on windows and door of phase 2 hse, u mean semi d or bungalows ?
Thanks

Mine is just a Semi-D.

Looking at the glass windows from the inside of the house, you can see a small piece of rectangular white cube on the window frames(just around a few cm long), I was told that those are vibration sensor for the fixed glass windows to detect the breaking of glass windows.

For glass windows which can be opened, they fixed contact sensors in the inside of the window frames so you can only see the small white piece(round shaped with just about 1cm in diameter) when you open the windows.

For glass sliding doors, they fixed another kind of sensors which is button like, if someone opens the sliding door at night after you trigger the alarm system, the button-like sensor will activate the alarm.

There is also a motion sensor pointing at the stairway leading to 2nd floor. Other than all these, there are 2 panic buttons, one on each level.

Alarms will alert the Gurkhas and they are linked to the Police station outside at Anjung and also the additional Auxiliary Police which UEM employed for Nusajaya and they are also stationed at Anjung.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats Investor! Very well deserved.

Wondering if ever EL throw in the additional unit for all of your pro-bono, and highly impactful, marketing efforts. :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Congrats Investor! Very well deserved.

Wondering if ever EL throw in the additional unit for all of your pro-bono, and highly impactful, marketing efforts. :smile:

I hope they do that but instead of rewarding me, they fined me more than RM6000 for some delay on lawyer's part for my loan.
Luckily I still get almost RM50,000 from UEM for their Late Delivery after deducting the RM6k plus(still far from Mu8811's RM190,000 though) haha!

Oh by the way, we made a last minute decision to rent out the unit because the rental money is just too tempting for a normal guy like me ;-P
But I'm definitely not selling my units, will be keeping them for a longer term.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't even want to write and submit a defect list and waste a month over a few minor defects.

Just inform them on these defects while I started moving in straight and start my reno work.

Now happily staying in already.

Are you staying in P1 Kopikong99?
Any tips, advice or things to share with all your new neighbours-to-be with regards to staying in EL?

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows what is the brand / name of the internal security alarm system (inside the house) built in Phase 7&8? I am thinking of adding motion detectors and window detectors, wondering if they can be added to the existing security alarm system. Else, I will have to buy a separate console. ABS-Intelligent-Home-Security-GSM-Burglar-Alarm-System.jpg

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal

U mean still need 3 months to install electric mater? So even we got the key but still unable to start reno? What about street light? Me still waiting for my bank to settle the final payment.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U mean still need 3 months to install electric mater? So even we got the key but still unable to start reno? What about street light? Me still waiting for my bank to settle the final payment.

I was told that it'll take less than 1 month.
No street lighting yet, darkness at night for P2 now.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you staying in P1 Kopikong99?
Any tips, advice or things to sh before withll your new neighbours-to-be with regards to staying in EL?

For EL, do a thorough inspection and put up a complete defect list for Uemland to rectify before you start calling in your contractor.

Get some one to get up to the false ceilings to inspect for any signs of water leaking. There usually are lots of all kind of rubbish left behind by contractors and get uemland to clear these rubbish.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For EL, do a thorough inspection and put up a complete defect list for Uemland to rectify before you start calling in your contractor.

Get some one to get up to the false ceilings to inspect for any signs of water leaking. There usually are lots of all kind of rubbish left behind by contractors and get uemland to clear these rubbish.

Thanks, do you know any company doing the checking for roof leakage?
I read Erika's blog and she mentioned that every time they complain about water stain, the contractors will just come and cover up with new paint instead of solving the leaking issue. How do we insist that they should rectify the roof leakage instead?