• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

GusGus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone
Glad to join this forum. I have been looking at Nusajaya area for investments.
Can anyone enlighten why east ledang or ledang heights command such a premium over:
- Leisure Farm. Is this good for money since its like 50% below what East Ledang/Ledang heights asking?
- Horizon Hill. This is also much cheaper than East Ledang/Ledang Heights?
Cheers
Mike

It is all about location, location, location ...

- proximity to Legoland, Educity, Tuas custom, Medini, Gleneagles Hospital, puteri harbor ... Etc
- most advance security system + gated n guarded (zero break in to date)
- in Nusajaya which is the key development zone of Iskandar (ample land for future development, new and clean environment, exclusive and quiet w/ less traffic and crowd)
- marketing by developer as the 2nd most up market behind gem of nusajaya puteri harbor
- quality of building and finishing compared to others in nusajaya
- know your neighbours ... Businessmen, Lawyes, Doctors ... !

Above comments for East Ledang

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone
Glad to join this forum. I have been looking at Nusajaya area for investments.
Can anyone enlighten why east ledang or ledang heights command such a premium over:
- Leisure Farm. Is this good for money since its like 50% below what East Ledang/Ledang heights asking?
- Horizon Hill. This is also much cheaper than East Ledang/Ledang Heights?
Cheers
Mike

Hello Mike,
I would like to point out your information is not right.
Take a semi-D for instance. The new launches all sell at about the same price at the same time.
eg. in Nov 2010 - a semiD at all 3 locations sell between 1.2m to 1.3m
Current launches - i believe they are all priced between 1.6m to 1.8m for similar sized comparisons.
Each of the 3 propeties have their good points which i wont repeat since it has been described many times here :smile:

Last edited:

setay71

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Mike,
I would like to point out your information is not right.
Take a semi-D for instance. The new launches all sell at about the same price at the same time.
eg. in Nov 2010 - a semiD at all 3 locations sell between 1.2m to 1.3m
Current launches - i believe they are all priced between 1.6m to 1.8m for similar sized comparisons.
Each of the 3 propeties have their good points which i wont repeat since it has been described many times here :smile:

Hi LeMans2011

I was actually referring to the resale value or asking in Propertyguru and iProperty. EL seems to be the highest.

Do they have any private residential transaction record like our URA website?

Thank you
Mike

setay71

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah not that many, only 3 since 2010. Total amount added up still cheaper than just one bungalow from Phase 3. There are quite a few members in our forum who invested a few times more than my amount(was told to keep it to myself). I'm just a small investor. I'm not a flipper(speculator), I intend to hold for medium to long term depending on rental demand and yield. One unit will be for own use and thus might be keeping it forever. Are you looking at units for investment too?

Hi Investor
Care to share which bank you use for your mortgages? l am looking at investing in EL/LH.
Thank you
Mike

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi guys,

Any active owner here from LH? We just purchased a piece of land there..

Cheers

etmusic

how much is the land at LH selling for ? psf ? thanks

Hi etmusic,

If I'm not wrong, members here who are already staying in LH include 'Mallow' and 'Fairies'.
Other members like 'Nusajaya' also bought land in LH.

May I know how much you paid per sq ft?

etmusic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there,

After spending almost everyday fr 2 weeks in LH, here is what we gathered. Those nearer to the highway are going for as low as $65psf. Those plot on the same level as the road asking for $75psf to $80psf. The better ones on the hilltop are commanding as high as $90psf. Someone paid $90 recently. We paid $85 for a plot on the hill top with no obstruction in front. If anyone keen in buying something in LH, feel free to contact me and I can share what I know and what is available.

Cheers

Eddy

Hi etmusic,
May I know how much you paid per sq ft?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi there,

After spending almost everyday fr 2 weeks in LH, here is what we gathered. Those nearer to the highway are going for as low as $65psf. Those plot on the same level as the road asking for $75psf to $80psf. The better ones on the hilltop are commanding as high as $90psf. Someone paid $90 recently. We paid $85 for a plot on the hill top with no obstruction in front. If anyone keen in buying something in LH, feel free to contact me and I can share what I know and what is available.

Cheers

Eddy

Thanks for sharing.
4 Reputation Points for you.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, UEM may be stinging out on the property maintenance, may be letting stray dogs and cats into their developments, their property price may have stagnated, the list goes on ..... as per eastledangers post. :-)

But looks like they are doing a damn good job in building their brand .......

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...and-makes-forbes-asia-s-200-best-under-a-bill

Note - UEM as one of the 14 "shining examples of business best practices" as per the Honorable Prime Minister.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today I received a letter from UEM saying they will do fogging in HH estate tomorrow.. Not bad.. Pleasant surprise after reading above

Well, UEM may be stinging out on the property maintenance, may be letting stray dogs and cats into their developments, their property price may have stagnated, the list goes on ..... as per eastledangers post. :-)

But looks like they are doing a damn good job in building their brand .......

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...and-makes-forbes-asia-s-200-best-under-a-bill

Note - UEM as one of the 14 "shining examples of business best practices" as per the Honorable Prime Minister.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any EL Phase 8 owners here received a letter from their lawyers? I just received one from mine, but it is in Malay! Wonder what is it about... Need to show to my Malaysian friend.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

Any active owner here from LH? We just purchased a piece of land there..

Cheers

etmusic

Hi etmusic,

Welcome to LH! I am also an owner at LH. PM me if I can be of help or assist in anyway. The other owner is Iskandar Rocks' friend whom also recently bought a plot at LH.

Cheers,
N

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any EL Phase 8 owners here received a letter from their lawyers? I just received one from mine, but it is in Malay! Wonder what is it about... Need to show to my Malaysian friend.

Hi Matix,
I've also received the letters which were written in Malay language. I used 'google translate' and found that they are applications for State Consent for foreign buyers. Will share more details when I get home as I've written the translations on the letters.

Last edited:

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

I got the letter as well. it's a letter inform uem that they have submitted the application for the letter of consent.

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi etmusic,

Welcome to LH! I am also an owner at LH. PM me if I can be of help or assist in anyway. The other owner is Iskandar Rocks' friend whom also recently bought a plot at LH.

Cheers,
N

Hi Nusajaya, it that any clauses that the land must be developed/build house within certain time, can the land owner just leave it as it is.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Nusajaya, it that any clauses that the land must be developed/build house within certain time, can the land owner just leave it as it is.

Hi Hillside,

Yes, there is a standard clause that says within 2 years from date of purchase. However, I haven't seen the developer taking a hard stand on this clause yet. Hence, most are still not in a hurry to build.

Cheers,
N

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I stay in Horizon Hills and wishes to know more about Ledang Heights.

To existing owners, say the land cost RM 1 million and the construction cost RM 1.5 M.. are we able to take loan based on the total value of RM 2.5 M? Say 80% loan for etc.. Some agents whom I spoke to told me that I need to pay 100% for the land and there is no bank loan for buying land, which confuses me.

Pls advise

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I stay in Horizon Hills and wishes to know more about Ledang Heights.

To existing owners, say the land cost RM 1 million and the construction cost RM 1.5 M.. are we able to take loan based on the total value of RM 2.5 M? Say 80% loan for etc.. Some agents whom I spoke to told me that I need to pay 100% for the land and there is no bank loan for buying land, which confuses me.

Pls advise

Hi Hondacrv,

Yes, your illustration is correct. However, the amount (60% or 90%) you can get from a bank varies quite substantially depending on their risk appetite. The banks used to be very very conservative (say 5 years ago) where you can only get 60% max loan for land purchase (BLR - 1%) but they can loan up to 90% for building costs (BLR - 2.4%). Today, I don't think the any bank practice that at all. They can offer both the land and building costs at the same financing quantum and interest rate.

Hope that clarifies.

Cheers,
N

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hondacrv,

From what little I know and other forumers pls correct me if I am wrong... If u only buy land , banks will lend max 50-60% of the value of the land. However, if you intend to build a property on the land, then the banks will finance you up to 80-90% of the cost of land AND cost of building the house depending on ur repayment capability, cirizenship etc as per a standard housing loan. Hope this helps...