• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hondacrv,

From what little I know and other forumers pls correct me if I am wrong... If u only buy land , banks will lend max 50-60% of the value of the land. However, if you intend to build a property on the land, then the banks will finance you up to 80-90% of the cost of land AND cost of building the house depending on ur repayment capability, cirizenship etc as per a standard housing loan. Hope this helps...

Hi Dragonlance,

That is correct. You will have to specify that this is purely for your own residential use otherwise not only the amount of financing reduced but you will also get slapped with commercial interest rate (maybe BLR + 1%). The bank will normally stipulate that you have to build it within 2 years.

Cheers,
N

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Nusajaya for the additional info... Sigh, accumulated my knowledge back when one can still purchase a one acre land at ard myr 1 mio in leisure farm... But my spouse wasnt bought in on Nusajaya at the time so told myself to forget abt it. Now the prices has sky rocketed, think its not within my reach comfortably at the present moment... Yet everytime I think about buying my own piece of land and having my own estate! Wow! The feeling is so shiok! Hee Hee...

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Nusajaya for the additional info... Sigh, accumulated my knowledge back when one can still purchase a one acre land at ard myr 1 mio in leisure farm... But my spouse wasnt bought in on Nusajaya at the time so told myself to forget abt it. Now the prices has sky rocketed, think its not within my reach comfortably at the present moment... Yet everytime I think about buying my own piece of land and having my own estate! Wow! The feeling is so shiok! Hee Hee...

Hi Dragonlance,

Even though you cant get 1 acre for RM 1 mil at LF anymore but you can still get a reasonable size land for that sum of $. I am afraid not too distant in the future, you can't even afford a reasonable piece of land for RM 1 mil IMHO. Possibly only a reasonable terrace house at EL. The reason is very simple, God has stopped producing more land!

Like yourself, believe it or not, i was eyeing on a plot of land for RM 850k (3 yrs ago) and was transacted more than 5 times over the last 3 yrs! The same plot is still in the market today for RM 3 mil.... (pls don't ask me where). Mind you, this is not 30 years ago but 3 yrs ago only! Call it crazy or amazing, up to us! That's the reality of it.....

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusajaya bro... Thank you for the sound advice, I do agree with you however, I've since spread my bullets around a little, bot a few properties so not gonna over stretch myself at this point... Plus, 10/15k sq feet is hardly comparable to an acre land!!! Does make a big psychological and emotional difference to me as I can imagine my entire clan staying on the same plot of land :-)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear EL residents, i have asked that Elander discuss in the open about the posts that he/she has made recently. No reply so far. In the interest of fairness especially for those vested in EL as well as my friends who bought and are staying there, i will be deleting the comments as much of it does seems to be baseless if i still don't hear back by tomorrow.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Dragonlance, there may still be plots in Kulai or further in like Desaru. Even Ulu Tiram may have some opportunities or Kota Tinggi if you are keen to do what you want to do. Best wishes on your endeavours.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear EL residents, i have asked that Elander discuss in the open about the posts that he/she has made recently. No reply so far. In the interest of fairness especially for those vested in EL as well as my friends who bought and are staying there, i will be deleting the comments as much of it does seems to be baseless if i still don't hear back by tomorrow.

Thanks for your announcement bro Wuqi :smile:

PathFinder

My family has just moved into EL. We were very disappointed to discover the mosquito situation is very bad here. Everyday, we killed more than 20 mosquitos inside the house, let alone outside. Anyone else has similar mosquito problems ?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi PathFinder,
Don't be sad, this topic has been discussed before and many friendly forummers here have suggested many methods to deal with mosquitos. The following link is the search result for the word 'mosquito' which has been mentioned in the 1st 'Living In JB' thread http://sammyboy.com/search.php?searchid=1644783

You can do more searches in other threads if you want to. Just click on 'Search Thread' on the top right hand corner of the thread itself. Enjoy your research.

Last edited:

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Dragonlance, there may still be plots in Kulai or further in like Desaru. Even Ulu Tiram may have some opportunities or Kota Tinggi if you are keen to do what you want to do. Best wishes on your endeavours.

Hi Wuqi, thank you for sharing... There are indeed other developments worth looking into however, I think for now I will just be satisfied with my purchase in EL... Can't have everything... At least not immediately. Looking forward to the completion :-)

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Path,

When I first moved in to Horizon Hills 1-2 years ago, I bought those mozzie socket from Tesco / Giant with a rectangle pad to insert into it. I on it btw 5pm-11pm and I was pleasantly surprised to find 8-20 dead mozzie on the floor on a daily basis for the next 3 months. It does seem that mozzie has erected their tents there and will almost always fly into the house for food or shelter around evening time. After 3 months, I found that mozzie problems have disappeared. I hardly find any dead mozzie on the floor now when I on the socket.

When I was shitting recently on my kitchen toilet bowl, I felt some wriggling up my legs. I jumped up and stomped my feet hard on the floor and a 15cm milipede dropped onto the floor. I dont know where it come from and quickly wash it off the drain.

My family has just moved into EL. We were very disappointed to discover the mosquito situation is very bad here. Everyday, we killed more than 20 mosquitos inside the house, let alone outside. Anyone else has similar mosquito problems ?

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Nusa

If my land and building cost adds up to RM 3 million, and if bank allows me 90% loan, its possible that I pay RM 300K downpayment. It does seem reasonable.

Hi Hondacrv,

Yes, your illustration is correct. However, the amount (60% or 90%) you can get from a bank varies quite substantially depending on their risk appetite. The banks used to be very very conservative (say 5 years ago) where you can only get 60% max loan for land purchase (BLR - 1%) but they can loan up to 90% for building costs (BLR - 2.4%). Today, I don't think the any bank practice that at all. They can offer both the land and building costs at the same financing quantum and interest rate.

Hope that clarifies.

Cheers,
N

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was shitting recently on my kitchen toilet bowl, I felt some wriggling up my legs. I jumped up and stomped my feet hard on the floor and a 15cm milipede dropped onto the floor. I dont know where it come from and quickly wash it off the drain.

Lmao Hahahaha.... Did you check whether you've accidentally unloaded your sh*t on the floor after your stomping? :biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
any comments abt EL security ?
I went there and guard didnt request to exchange my driving license and let me go in ...
I went LF & Sutera , both requested and gave me a visitor notice to put in my car.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any comments abt EL security ?
I went there and guard didnt request to exchange my driving license and let me go in ...
I went LF & Sutera , both requested and gave me a visitor notice to put in my car.

Really ah. Did they even ask you for the purpose of your visit? Were you alone?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe it's like what LKY said when Mas Selamat escaped - Complacency.
EL is too peaceful and the guards are slowly showing complacency.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way Crystal, other than EL having the high end security fencing with anti-climbing, anti-cutting, Infra Red, cameras every 50 metres and all other interior monitoring system for each precinct. Do you know of many other developments in Nusajaya with such a security system?

I'm asking because Eastledanger mentioned in one of his points that 'most' developments in Nusajaya has high end security fencing. This is another point I doubt but I didn't mention it because I'm not too sure since I've not visited most of the other developments. I know that you have visited many, that's why I'm asking you.