• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Drug Courier: If you only spare my life, I'd rather go down with him-Guess the race?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Drug Courier: If you only spare my life, I'd rather go down with him-Guess the ra

Still remember my fren telling me about this gang called 08 amara named after the amara hotel in tanjong pagar.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Drug Courier: If you only spare my life, I'd rather go down with him-Guess the ra

Still remember my fren telling me about this gang called 08 amara named after the amara hotel in tanjong pagar.

Hai Lok San. Headman died in JB detention not too long ago - Amara Cheong. Good fighter. Too bad also consumed drugs. Was involved in a violent Geylang clash before he ranroad to JB. I recall someone losing or almost losing an arm in that clash.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hai Lok San. Headman died in JB detention not too long ago - Amara Cheong. Good fighter. Too bad also consumed drugs. Was involved in a violent Geylang clash before he ranroad to JB. I recall someone losing or almost losing an arm in that clash.

hai lok san a cantonese gang cos the words are in cantonese.

Remember the old days of sg where the gangs were formed due to the various dialect groups the really old days of ghee hin and ghee hock. Nowadays these aren't impportant anymore. Some gangs are probably hokkien/cantonese mixed like sio lo kuan. Sio is hokkien lo kuan is canto.

Btw is it true that the number 3 of the entire kuntong is nickname hui leng aka fire dragon? Someone i used to know told me this. Don't know if it's true or BS.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Remember the old days of sg where the gangs were formed due to the various dialect groups the really old days of ghee hin and ghee hock. Nowadays these aren't impportant anymore. Some gangs are probably hokkien/cantonese mixed like sio lo kuan. Sio is hokkien lo kuan is canto.

Btw is it true that the number 3 of the entire kuntong is nickname hui leng aka fire dragon? Someone i used to know told me this. Don't know if it's true or BS.

Not sure bro. The HLS chaps I know are Hokkiens and Teochews. Take LK for instance. Many assumed they are Cantonese based. The ones I know are all Teochews. Sar Ji is supposedly Teochew based but I have many Hokkien friends in there.

Not sure about the number 3 of SKT and his identity. Hard to pinpoint who's number 1, 2 or 3. SKT is a big group. Lots of politics involved. One of their most influential chap is in his 60s. Named after a controlled drug. Influential even outside S'pore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hmm, yea that's what i know too. Hup Soon heng is SGH 'Kong Si'. now being told it belongs to Kun Tong, very confused. But there was saying that Kuntong and Sio Gi Ho used to be one gang...
I explain in another context.

HSH is machiam the parent holding company behind its listed entities Kun Tong and Gee Ho Tong. Both brands more famous because they are listed. Kun tong being the more famous and longer of the 2. Then later came their subsidiaries sio kun tong and sio gee ho.....and others later setups like 369 etc.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not sure bro. The HLS chaps I know are Hokkiens and Teochews. Take LK for instance. Many assumed they are Cantonese based. The ones I know are all Teochews. Sar Ji is supposedly Teochew based but I have many Hokkien friends in there.

Not sure about the number 3 of SKT and his identity. Hard to pinpoint who's number 1, 2 or 3. SKT is a big group. Lots of politics involved. One of their most influential chap is in his 60s. Named after a controlled drug. Influential even outside S'pore.

yeah i supposed gangs formed along the lines of dialect group died out long ago probably the early 20th century. Now they don't care about dialects but on your race. You're chinese and that is it and if you can speak hokkien that overides everything else even for non chinese.

This person i know was some kind of braggart. Also telling me he knows so and so and whatever he even bragged to me he knew the leader of the commandoes most likely some commando officer. Fucker didn't even have the means to fight his own fights.

I think that sg gangs also operate like gangs in other places. If you are a pussy and need to stand behind someone else or name drop some "famous" gangster ppl won't respect you.

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal

I explain in another context.

HSH is machiam the parent holding company behind its listed entities Kun Tong and Gee Ho Tong. Both brands more famous because they are listed. Kun tong being the more famous and longer of the 2. Then later came their subsidiaries sio kun tong and sio gee ho.....and others later setups like 369 etc.

never heard of Gi Ho Tong. That must have been many moons ago.... was the 24 group branched from Ghee Hin since many of this group head word is 'Ghee'..

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hup Soon Heng is not a gang. was told by lads from SGH it's a kongsi. This kongsi sponsor their activities, welfare, funerals.., etc.

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal

saw him walking in the night and he looked dazed..tall, muscular fellow right..one look can tell he's fighter category

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

never heard of Gi Ho Tong. That must have been many moons ago.... was the 24 group branched from Ghee Hin since many of this group head word is 'Ghee'..

No gee ho how to born out sio gee ho? Sio kun tong from kun tong. Sio lo kuan from lo kuan etc....you get the drift.
Sinkieland use the sio prefix when new flag branch out from old 字头....in HK they like to use the prefix 新.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks everyone for the valuable input :cool:
Bet the new generation mobsters may not heard of Hup Soon Heng at all :p
Before they "branch out" , I heard there were Tua ( ) Yee Ho instead of Sio ( ) Yee Ho

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal

No gee ho how to born out sio gee ho? Sio kun tong from kun tong. Sio lo kuan from lo kuan etc....you get the drift.
Sinkieland use the sio prefix when new flag branch out from old 字头....in HK they like to use the prefix 新.

ah, you maybe right...i thought it was Ghee Kun Tong.. i heard some of my elder uncles talking about 18 Sio Mui Fa. they are Cantonese, heard of them?

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now behave more like street corner gangs already although they still use SS name.

Now even got malays or Indian inside SS, how to dialect based? No one wants to join so need to loosen the restriction. Just like our FT policy. LOL!

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal

I never heard of Hup Soon Heng too. Only heard of Yeo Hup Seng. :smile:

Thanks everyone for the valuable input :cool:
Bet the new generation mobsters may not heard of Hup Soon Heng at all :p
Before they "branch out" , I heard there were Tua ( ) Yee Ho instead of Sio ( ) Yee Ho

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, heard from a reliable source that HLS was a combination of three gangs in the Tanjong Pagar area, donkey years ago, one of them was xiao ying xiong or something like that, so also, not much different there.

Never met Amara Chong before, but knew some people who met him before. Yup, all say the same, drugs did him in.

Simi si 'pawnshop' in prison?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

What is 'pawnshop' in prison?

Well, GD your information is quite accurate.

Anyway, im guessing here but, the way I look at it SKT and SGH sub-groups are all so big that they all have their own no.1, 2 and 3s.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Simi si 'pawnshop' in prison?

Besides Rolex , what other type of watch can you find in a 当铺 :p
It's a more polite / discreet way to address them :biggrin:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

tag hauer? lol. k i get it. met their then outdoors no. 1 a couple of years back, then he disappear after orchard plaza case. short lad, but looked really competent.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

The judge should offer him life sentence in the same cell with Serina Wee. Bet he would retract his statement.