• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Chee soon Juan on the PAP

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Actually, I've been observing this for years and wondering why the message is lost on the sinkies as a whole. I don't think it has to do with forgiveness and blame. Rather, I think the 70% are just kiasu and dumb. The PAP and familee are for better or worse "branded" products and Dr Chee for all his efforts he doesn't have the critical mass. You can see it in most any football game. The bulk of non-diehard supporters will always cheer for the winning side. And the Ah Gong definitely had "winner" written all over his image.
He's being painted a lunatic for years by the pap and sinkies got that in their heads. He was painted as the guy who ousted CST and destroyed SDP, sinkies have not forgiven him for that. And sinkies are fucking dumb to not be able to see through all that and stuck with out-dated thinking.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And the problem is in boldface. They have a bad habit of losing money on sweet deals... Seriously if you have investment background, just check their track record. I started watching back in the days of Micropolis.

The buying of USD is a hedge against SGD depreciation. Almost a must do for their economic game plan. It is actually a result of the economy not behaving the way they want. Think of them buying SGD as buying life jackets. The boat is taking on water.

micropolis was a setup and sabotage, in business world, it's no place for a woman. economy is difficult to predict, it's all in a form of manipulation, of current, depends on trump and china. look at genting shares, goes up when it is supposed to be going down. this alone speak volume that it is heavily manipulated, the order book is a clue to solve the mystery.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
micropolis was a setup and sabotage, in business world, it's no place for a woman.

Well, I don't agree with you on the "no place for a woman" part, but let's just say that I do. Who is in charge of those GIC and Temasek funds? Besides, setup and sabotage have a counter enemy. It's called due diligence. If what you said was true, then the person in charge of CPF funds is very setup and sabotage prone.

economy is difficult to predict, it's all in a form of manipulation, of current, depends on trump and china.

this I don't agree with you.

look at genting shares, goes up when it is supposed to be going down. this alone speak volume that it is heavily manipulated, the order book is a clue to solve the mystery.

this I do agree with you.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
the funds that they use come from cpf, if it's greatly reduced, it's like telling them to cut short on sweet deals. they may have lost money but it's a good try sometimes. there is no investing saint in this world, bound to make and lose some. if i am not wrong, they are buying a lot of USD in the basket linked to their neer policy in a way to control fluctuation in sgd.

You seen the PxL of Temasick? Stop speculation and presuming all is OK!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, I don't agree with you on the "no place for a woman" part, but let's just say that I do. Who is in charge of those GIC and Temasek funds? Besides, setup and sabotage have a counter enemy. It's called due diligence. If what you said was true, then the person in charge of CPF funds is very setup and sabotage prone.

this I don't agree with you.

this I do agree with you.

men are the superior sex, women can never understand how dirty and filthy a man's mind can get. women always assume and think that the world is in good order when men are in charge. economy never easy as you seem, if it's easy to know, there won't be a recession, everybody will have already taken cover to minimise losses.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I've been observing this for years and wondering why the message is lost on the sinkies as a whole. I don't think it has to do with forgiveness and blame. Rather, I think the 70% are just kiasu and dumb. The PAP and familee are for better or worse "branded" products and Dr Chee for all his efforts he doesn't have the critical mass. You can see it in most any football game. The bulk of non-diehard supporters will always cheer for the winning side. And the Ah Gong definitely had "winner" written all over his image.
Why support a losing team? Are you a loser? :thumbsdown:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like dr chee cos' of what he went thru and able to persevere and overcome his odds. but his policies are flawed and will bring s'pore down. for instance, cpf withrdrawal is a death bell for s'pore. the country needs the fund to fight hostility. it will not work in the long run if everyone at age 55 wants to withdraw cpf money.

What hostility?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why support a losing team? Are you a loser? :thumbsdown:
It sounds like I caused offence. I'm sorry, I don't intend to.

I was mainly answering glockman's frustration in his post about WHY people don't support a person who makes less mistakes in favour of people who make more mistakes. Sounds illogical doesn't it? Well, I think it is illogical and here is why I think they do it.

The football analogy is how they choose to vote. i.e. they vote for the obvious "winner" or the "safe bet", like you would in a popularity contest. But the problem is that the analogy ends there. That's because whoever wins or loses in a football game doesn't really impact us, but in the case of our political parties, who we vote into power has far reaching and long term consequences for our well being.

I think it's safe to assume that recent developments such as age 70 CPF withdrawal and 10M population speak to poorer management. To continue to vote for the incumbents would mean endorsing such poor management and poorer outcomes. To chose to vote for the losing team is not to be a loser, but to halt or at least signal our rejection of such policies.

Hopefully, whoever ends up in power will make note of what swayed the result and that would make us better off instead of losers no? That is why if you believe you are being being taken advantage of by the powers in charge, you should vote for the "losing" team.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It sounds like I caused offence. I'm sorry, I don't intend to.

I was mainly answering glockman's frustration in his post about WHY people don't support a person who makes less mistakes in favour of people who make more mistakes. Sounds illogical doesn't it? Well, I think it is illogical and here is why I think they do it.

The football analogy is how they choose to vote. i.e. they vote for the obvious "winner" or the "safe bet", like you would in a popularity contest. But the problem is that the analogy ends there. That's because whoever wins or loses in a football game doesn't really impact us, but in the case of our political parties, who we vote into power has far reaching and long term consequences for our well being.

I think it's safe to assume that recent developments such as age 70 CPF withdrawal and 10M population speak to poorer management. To continue to vote for the incumbents would mean endorsing such poor management and poorer outcomes. To chose to vote for the losing team is not to be a loser, but to halt or at least signal our rejection of such policies.

Hopefully, whoever ends up in power will make note of what swayed the result and that would make us better off instead of losers no? That is why if you believe you are being being taken advantage of by the powers in charge, you should vote for the "losing" team.
Bro, you vote the leading losers like Worker Party also no use. What they promise you? Before election time pattern liao liao, vote them in what they do? They promised you nothing! And they will deliver just that. Voting oppies as a protest achieves nothing. Even if I disagree with the PAP I vote for them. Why? Because although their plan is bad, I know what to expect. With the losers, one day they want coalition with the PAP, another day they want to dig up GIC Temasek for no reason other than election coming. Coalition partner no need so many seats one I tell you. Don't waste your vote. Cast it for the devil you know. :cool:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you vote the leading losers like Worker Party also no use. What they promise you? Before election time pattern liao liao, vote them in what they do? They promised you nothing! And they will deliver just that. Voting oppies as a protest achieves nothing. Even if I disagree with the PAP I vote for them. Why? Because although their plan is bad, I know what to expect. With the losers, one day they want coalition with the PAP, another day they want to dig up GIC Temasek for no reason other than election coming. Coalition partner no need so many seats one I tell you. Don't waste your vote. Cast it for the devil you know. :cool:
Actually, you have very sound reasons to consider as well : oppie got no solid platform, no clear direction and no strong leadership at this moment. They have only clear complaints about the current state which is clearly biting us all in the ass. Problem as I see it is we now have 2 poor choices. So because of that, my personal take on it is : I dunno which is better. My original post only trying to answer why a certain proportion of the population seemingly auto votes. Not why we should choose one over the other.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, you have very sound reasons to consider as well : oppie got no solid platform, no clear direction and no strong leadership at this moment. They have only clear complaints about the current state which is clearly biting us all in the ass. Problem as I see it is we now have 2 poor choices. So because of that, my personal take on it is : I dunno which is better. My original post only trying to answer why a certain proportion of the population seemingly auto votes. Not why we should choose one over the other.

Obviously you have not watched the video. SDP has a very clear direction, a very strong leader, and numerous policy ideas to benefir sinkies, and these are what i gather from just watching the video. If you don't want to vote for them, fine, but stop parroting the old tired lame excuses that opposition only knows how to complain, no ideas etc.

jw5

Loyal
Absolutely agree and I am with you on this. :wink:

Obviously you have not watched the video. SDP has a very clear direction, a very strong leader, and numerous policy ideas to benefir sinkies, and these are what i gather from just watching the video. If you don't want to vote for them, fine, but stop parroting the old tired lame excuses that opposition only knows how to complain, no ideas etc.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

that's true, I didn't watch the video. :smile:

TBH, I haven't bothered following politics much anymore. You can call it "give up" syndrome. My original commentary was mainly on the psychology of mass voting, not on who to vote for which I clearly have no idea!

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am normally a lurker but these, I cannot ignore:

cpf withrdrawal is a death bell for s'pore. the country needs the fund to fight hostility..

GST fake one ah? COE fake one ah? ERP fake one ah? HDB stamps fake one ah? Income tax fake one ah? Hunkee tax fake one? Alcohol tax fake one ah? Foreign worker levy fake one ah? FUCK YOU KNN

the funds that they use come from cpf, if it's greatly reduced, it's like telling them to cut short on sweet deals.

So the government flushing the taxpayers' money, their RETIREMENT FUNDS MIND YOU, down the fucking shitter as they have done again and again is A OK? Just kill yourself la, why still drive your fucking cab.

economy never easy as you seem, if it's easy to know, there won't be a recession, everybody will have already taken cover to minimise losses.

The whole fucking problem lies with fractional reserve banking and Keynesian economics, it's a world built on cheap production and expensive consumption, with the problem being production getting more expensive and consumers becoming poorer. YOU, however, are parroting the same old fucking diatribes that the PAP are, because both YOU and the PAP are out of fucking ideas, while dismissing alternatives as "harmful" or "unproductive."

I don't come here often but I've read your posts for many, many years. You're not wise but you try to act like you are, and you also try to act like an IT expert even though you're 8 to 10 years behind the times. I try not to make enemies but on this topic, I cannot give way, especially not when somebody is spouting off toxic, uninformed nonsense while knowing very little about the issue -- actually, I find that you know very little about many things.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
What talking you? Oppie is worker party only what. Who is this kaypo chee?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
GST fake one ah? COE fake one ah? ERP fake one ah? HDB stamps fake one ah? Income tax fake one ah? Hunkee tax fake one? Alcohol tax fake one ah? Foreign worker levy fake one ah? FUCK YOU KNN

All the nice things in PA no need money? Pioneer merdeka gen package no need money? Ministers and silver service no need money? Garden by the bay, jewel, tuas megaport, changi extension, MRT lines all over and into JB no need money? Let's not even get to GIC Temasek. Where got say money too much one? :laugh: