• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you use vertical steamer for ironing clothes ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm looking to get one of these vertical ones where you often see in the boutique. I'm not sure if my understanding is correct, but such steamers serve dry cleaning purposes too.

Anyone using such a product ? Can you recommend a brand or model ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm looking to get one of these vertical ones where you often see in the boutique. I'm not sure if my understanding is correct, but such steamers serve dry cleaning purposes too.

Anyone using such a product ? Can you recommend a brand or model ?
OK, bro. This one I 'research' for some time already. The most famous brand in LOS is either Philips or Princess. These steamers are more for the Zha Bor clothings and also for the printed T-shirts. Quite expensive compared to a normal steam iron. GF has one Princess steamer but I find it not good enough to press mens' pants or shirts.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
side track a bit, talk about ironing something always bug me, I could not find cloth hanger wide enough to reach sleeve/ shoulder seam to seam, they are normally a few inches short and when you hang your shirt will leave a mark and spoil the shoulder especially T-shirt

any bro notice this? or anyone know where to buy wider/longer cloth hanger?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun think its for dry cleaning as dry cleaning sometimes uses chemicals and not steam.
Bro is right only good for lightly ceased clothing and nothing else.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy the thick wooden type hanger where the shoulders slopes at an angle.

side track a bit, talk about ironing something always bug me, I could not find cloth hanger wide enough to reach sleeve/ shoulder seam to seam, they are normally a few inches short and when you hang your shirt will leave a mark and spoil the shoulder especially T-shirt

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, bro. This one I 'research' for some time already. The most famous brand in LOS is either Philips or Princess. These steamers are more for the Zha Bor clothings and also for the printed T-shirts. Quite expensive compared to a normal steam iron. GF has one Princess steamer but I find it not good enough to press mens' pants or shirts.

Bro, how much did you pay for your Princess ?

In any case, I need one for my winter clothing. As for shirts, the new ones before they're packed into plastic sheath I believe they're steamed by such vertical steamers. (MY mistake. I think they use 'steam press')

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, if you have been to some of the hotels, you will see the "hunch back" type of hangers. Those are built for jackets, i think.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Iron-board ironing is the best. Watch TV and iron. I've been doing that myself for years since sec. sch. That's why my turnout is so neat on top on being so handsome and cool. :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, how much did you pay for your Princess ?

In any case, I need one for my winter clothing. As for shirts, the new ones before they're packed into plastic sheath I believe they're steamed by such vertical steamers. (MY mistake. I think they use 'steam press')
Eventually, I did not get one. I suggest you get the normal iron with steam. The one I had is a cheap AIKO brand (Less than 1.5K) and has been with me since I am in LOS.

d83cfd88.jpg

94667f29.jpg

bab1b6f1.jpg

The price range from THB 3K-5K for vertical steamers of both the Princess and Philips brand.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Steam-Hang-Ironing-Machine.jpg

This type is it? Just go best denki, courts. They have a lot there. Look for those that uses stainless steel inside so that it will not rust.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Deal.com always have promotion for these sort of steamer. Price around 100-150 for the deal. I was tempted to buy one but my little tiger preferred to use the conventional iron.

©過路稻草人®™

Alfrescian
Loyal
my mrs bought this Sansui brand off Giant promotion at @ $23.90 and have been using this for the past 6 months with good feedback from her.

photobucket-16718-1332724609927.jpg

photobucket-13332-1332724589152.jpg

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eventually, I did not get one. I suggest you get the normal iron with steam. The one I had is a cheap AIKO brand (Less than 1.5K) and has been with me since I am in LOS.

The price range from THB 3K-5K for vertical steamers of both the Princess and Philips brand.

As mentioned, I needed one for my winter clothing. And somehow I hate iron board.

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most gentleman prefer their long-sleeved shirt well pressed, vertical steamers can't achieve that kind of standard.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most gentleman prefer their long-sleeved shirt well pressed, vertical steamers can't achieve that kind of standard.

Actually prefer to wear short sleeves since it's more practical in Sporse climate. The MNCs I have worked in weren't that particular as long as you dressed smartly.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think I should be looking out for something like this instead:

Steam-Press.jpg

Pii KYP this one you posted is for shops la but I guess its like the ultimate press for anything. I think in the past they call these shops looby-tiam or something like this.