• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you know who she is?

lhlisanidiot

Alfrescian
Loyal

She is 孙俪, the winner of Star Search 2001 (才华横溢出新秀).

After winning, she saw no future with Channel 8 and went back to China to pursue her acting career.

12 years down the road and she's now the most popular actress in China. If she'd stayed with Channel 8, most likely she'll be a nobody.

Once again, it shows that real talents don't want to come or stay in Singapore.

You can watch her superb acting in the hit tv serial 甄嬛传 (76 episodes).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5SR3b4ICouc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<center>

eMmzfrb.jpg
</center>

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No loss to her, but a big loss to Singapore for not keeping this real talent.

no loss at all
she is free to go
free to do whatever she wants
best wishes and good luck to her
we can still enjoy her beauty and acting
thanks to singapore nevertheless....
we still have our own same uncles and aunties to enjoy
some new budding ones...but well....that's what we have: a small little dot
struggling in the big hostile ocean.
try harder next time....but it is still ok if foreign talents leave...it is still ok....

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She's superb in 后宫甄嬛传. Singapore's loss.

Solid cast, wonderful acting, incredible set, beautiful costumes, great script. The series was a hit in China, HK & Taiwan, and, more recently, Japan.

lhlisanidiot

Alfrescian
Loyal

Solid cast, wonderful acting, incredible set, beautiful costumes, great script. The series was a hit in China, HK & Taiwan, and, more recently, Japan.

I don't think our Channel 8 dare to bring in this hit serial, if they do, it'll be a slap in the face for Channel 8 :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Oops, sorry about it, I didn't know that channel 8 is also showing this tv serial.

This shows how detached I am from local tv :smile:

Local TV has its gems but you need to be very selective.

I enjoy watching the Taiwan variety shows like Power Sunday (on Monday!) and the singing one hosted by Harlem on Sat, even if they are old stuff.
Korean game show Running Man on Sunday evenings is also good for a laugh. Also HK tv serials.
Try to avoid the locally produced dramas and variety shows. :wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes. This is one rare PRC serial that got me hooked.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Local TV has its gems but you need to be very selective.

I enjoy watching the Taiwan variety shows like Power Sunday (on Monday!) and the singing one hosted by Harlem on Sat, even if they are old stuff.
Korean game show Running Man on Sunday evenings is also good for a laugh. Also HK tv serials.
Try to avoid the locally produced dramas and variety shows. :wink:

I second this type of good advice! Mediocre and utter lack of originality!

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal

She is 孙俪, the winner of Star Search 2001 (才华横溢出新秀).

After winning, she saw no future with Channel 8 and went back to China to pursue her acting career.

12 years down the road and she's now the most popular actress in China. If she'd stayed with Channel 8, most likely she'll be a nobody.

Once again, it shows that real talents don't want to come or stay in Singapore.

You can watch her superb acting in the hit tv serial 甄嬛传 (76 episodes).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5SR3b4ICouc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Did she won the Star Search competition??? I remember she was out say in the semis or something which i can't recall... Her batch she was not the champion.

But the champion from her batch should be ashamed of himself/herself...

Like what i said, SG dramas are really dramatic!!! MediaCorpse can never film something like 甄嬛传