• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you consider S'pore home?

Temujin

Alfrescian
Loyal
If any of you is a Singaporean and you dont consider SG your home, I really pity you .... living in somewhere where you dont like and with no where else to go ..
Just like a street bum.

SG is our home, in fact I think it is one of the best place to be. Where else would a Sporean prefer to stay ... I wonder.

Australia, US, Canda, New Zealand ...... :eek:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to. But as I get older and the feeling keeps growing that S'pore (or at least the govt) does not treat me any more special than the FTs they import, this feeling has dimished over the years.

Now I feel it's just a house. I hold the pink card of tenancy, and pay my rent (NS & taxes) And I'm open to opportunities if bigger better houses come my way.

Sounds unpatriotic? Anyone shares the same sentiment? :(

a home is a place where i feel most comfy.

spore? u step out, u see corridor dirty, the town council didn't do their job.

go take a mrt? sporeans wanna play ruby with u by blocking your way when u wanna alight.

go shopping? shops have sign stating that NO CASH REFUND! so if u make a wrong choice, sorry pal, once good go out cannot refund. fuck up service isn't it?

go food court? while u are having your meal, there are people breathing down your neck want you seat. Very good for digestion hor??

u go cinema, after show, PLEASE FUCK OFF GO BY THE FIRE EXIT! GO TOILET?? NO NO GO BY FIRE EXIT. very courteous hor? very considerate hor?

u go walk the pedestrian path, relaxing, take a stroll... and then hor.... DING DING DING!!! cyclist want u to step aside so that they can go fast...

do i feel comfy here? i don't think so. basic stroll also got problem liao, how to be comfy here???

its not a matter of patriotism. it is as it is. not a comfy place call home. maybe for people from war ridden country such as iraq, they might feel very comfy here.

Last edited:

Kenshinng

Alfrescian
Loyal
If any of you is a Singaporean and you dont consider SG your home, I really pity you .... living in somewhere where you dont like and with no where else to go ..
Just like a street bum.

SG is our home, in fact I think it is one of the best place to be. Where else would a Sporean prefer to stay ... I wonder.

I believe a lot of us still consider our home, just that they feel disillusioned at how the place has strayed from its former ideals of a place where the people are taken care of and not just mere digits whom govt suck money from.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like a street bum.

No pity required here, bro. You have to read between the lines in this thread. It's not a migration thread.

FTs are also here because like you say, it's one of the best places to be. It's a nice rented house.

The question is: is it home for S'poreans?

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore can be a good home if we were given CHOICE and FREEDOM.... Even if you lived in a hotel, you get a menu of what to eat, and can complain about the management if service falls short. Currently as it stands Singapore is more like a boys home borstal (foreigners notwithstanding). The truth of the matter is, its not that difficult to make Singaporeans happy; just give them what every human desires, CHOICE and FREEDOM! Even if a person fails in life, he will remain happy since he was FREE enough to CHOOSE his own failure, not being forced into something he does not like to do in the first place, and fuck it all up!

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore; We do have the freedom and the choice; either we can decide to stay or we can decide to leave. For males, that is not the case as we are incarcerated by our NS liabilities.

However, the general population do not have that option or the resources to commit to such a decision.

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore; We do have the freedom and the choice; either we can decide to stay or we can decide to leave. For males, that is not the case as we are incarcerated by our NS liabilities.

However, the general population do not have that option or the resources to commit to such a decision.

Its like saying youve got the freedom to be beaten to death or committing
sucide. There is no such thing as freedom or choice unless at LEAST 3 options are present. Having only 2 options is called being LAN LAN!

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to. But as I get older and the feeling keeps growing that S'pore (or at least the govt) does not treat me any more special than the FTs they import, this feeling has dimished over the years.

Now I feel it's just a house. I hold the pink card of tenancy, and pay my rent (NS & taxes) And I'm open to opportunities if bigger better houses come my way.

Maybe I'll get slammed for this (not by my friends though), but yeh, I consider Singapore my home now... I wasn't born here but my son was, and he'll have to do his NS. I think pia would call me one of the govt's imports, but what about my baby then? Can call nowhere home when he's older? Singapore's not the only country that attracts talent. I have a feeling this thread is a little on the anti-multicultural or xenophobic side... but that's me. :P

Friends - don't be too tough on me :biggrin:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have considered it a home if the PAP was rotten but the people are noble.

BUT, i realise that it is the people who let the PAP get away with its atrocities, who are so quick to forget, so naive, so arrogant, so barbaric. The average heartland sinkee is no different from the chinamen/kelings we hate so much who lower our quality of life.

Then i know i can never relate to this society.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have considered it a home if the PAP was rotten but the people are noble.

BUT, i realise that it is the people who let the PAP get away with its atrocities, who are so quick to forget, so naive, so arrogant, so barbaric. The average heartland sinkee is no different from the chinamen/kelings we hate so much who lower our quality of life.

ic....

may i ask u a few question? when u use the mrt, do u step aside and let the passengers to alight, or u go american football style standing right in front of the mrt doorway?

when u go take the escalator with someone (friends, colleague, or family) do u keep to the left side of the escalator?

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal

As the chinese saying goes, 'shan lang bu zheng xia lan wai' "the bottom beam is only as crooked as the top". So long Sporeans continue to look up to Pappies , we will learn their crooked ways...

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Patriotism is only for idiots, in today world it is a case of each man for himself...

"ASK NOT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY BUT HOW MUCH YOUR COUNTRY CAN PAY YOU"

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe I'll get slammed for this (not by my friends though), but yeh, I consider Singapore my home now... I wasn't born here but my son was, and he'll have to do his NS. I think pia would call me one of the govt's imports, but what about my baby then? Can call nowhere home when he's older? Singapore's not the only country that attracts talent. I have a feeling this thread is a little on the anti-multicultural or xenophobic side... but that's me. :P

Friends - don't be too tough on me :biggrin:

Hi Pete, no slamming :biggrin: I started this thread not for anti-whatsoever, but being a thread like this, it's bound to attract such posts.

If you read thru my posts, it's never anti-FT, but a call to the govt and fellow S'poreans to give thought to their fellowmen and make it truly a home, not house, for all.

I wish well for your son, too. Cheers! :smile:

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one has the means to migrate,:biggrin: one will definitely do so if the heart has no more feelings to stay in a place where one is supposed to be confortable with.

If one got no $$$$$$,:o lan lan lor:(......Take each day as it comes...sad but true:cool:

jw5

Loyal
pia
Singapore is a tough place to live in if you have no money and are not intelligent enough to ascertain what is right or wrong and what is good or bad.
It is a good place to live in if you are well off and intelligent.