• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do u think singapore is expensive to live? Yes or No can share what u think

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You nailed it man. Everything in SG goes way too high for salaries to cover everything(including your future).
bro that is one of many reasons why i migrate out of singapore!
and after i sold my hdb and renounced my singapore citisenship to collect my har earn cpf guess what i able to retire comfortably in Australia!

the big question is WHY CANT I ABLE TO RETIRE IN SINGAPORE?????????!!!!!
actually all our money are trap in cpf and it make worst when HDB price is so damm expensive that even in Australia the landed propeties with freehold is the same price as 3 room flat in sg! (take note i was not born in a silver spoon i just a mailroom cum despatch)

actually if hdb prices is not crazy expensive and the gahmen return the people cpf money at 55 year old singaporean can retire bro!
well at the end of the day majority of singapore dont want to retire gracefully and want to keep on feeding their greedy master and vote for them again and again. what can i say bro they deserve what they voted for :smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and after i sold my hdb and renounced my singapore citisenship to collect my har earn cpf guess what i able to retire comfortably in Australia!

actually all our money are trap in cpf and it make worst when HDB price is so damm expensive that even in Australia the landed propeties with freehold is the same price as 3 room flat in sg! (take note i was not born in a silver spoon i just a mailroom cum despatch)

actually if hdb prices is not crazy expensive and the gahmen return the people cpf money at 55 year old singaporean can retire bro!
well at the end of the day majority of singapore dont want to retire gracefully and want to keep on feeding their greedy master and vote for them again and again. what can i say bro they deserve what they voted for :smile:

Garment of the day must also ensure to kip the cost of living low. Look at Msia. Some of the things tere r cheap. Unlike sinkieland. Nothg is cheap except ur salary.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mmm ...... need to have much saved in order for one or two person household to retire comfortably in Oz?

Morgernstern

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who say, they manage to buy landed property in Oz/NZ, good for them. Singapore is small and land is scarce, hence only the rich can afford it.

NZ/Oz are not doubt bigger than us but if the situation is reverse, do you think Oz/NZ can handle differently from us. Or, if there is a mass influx of migrants. They will bound to run out of space too. So how do you think they will manage it. It may not happen now..but in the future, who knows.

I do not own any landed property or car and I live in a 30 year plus HDB 4 room flat but I am able to fly businesses class for my travels. So I take that as a consolation.

Morgernstern

Alfrescian
Loyal
But when u are old, will the garment take care of u in Sinkieland?
Yes...it just that you have to fork out a little money. My mother fell and fractute her legs. Went to TTSH operation and stayed a week. It cost 12K covered by insurance and medisave, no need take out cash. She saty in B1 ward (air con) and got staff you for meal choices.

After that, went to Thye Hwa Kwan stayed for 2 months for rehab. 50% subsidised, remaining amount 90% by insurance, remaining cash about 1k. Small price to pay. I know you want to say Oz is free of charge but nothing is free in this world.

Honestly speaking, i earn only 2K nett but my life is ok. I know I can migrate like others but my mum is still here. Even if I move, Oz/NZ will never be the place for me to go, too boring for me. It will countries like CZ, Germany, France or Poland for me.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes...it just that you have to fork out a little money. My mother fell and fractute her legs. Went to TTSH operation and stayed a week. It cost 12K covered by insurance and medisave, no need take out cash. She saty in B1 ward (air con) and got staff you for meal choices.

After that, went to Thye Hwa Kwan stayed for 2 months for rehab. 50% subsidised, remaining amount 90% by insurance, remaining cash about 1k. Small price to pay. I know you want to say Oz is free of charge but nothing is free in this world.

Well u better buy a good premium expensive insurance in order to cover u when ur old and hospitalise.

Morgernstern

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well u better buy a good premium expensive insurance in order to cover u when ur old and hospitalise.
Her premium is only 100 plus. A normal insurance price cos she bought whem she was young.

She is retired and spents her day watching movies on line/TV, holidays (before Covid).

Last edited: