• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

do most Malaysian PRs eventually apply for citizenship ?

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, if I was a Malaysian and a PR here and read this forum, it would have given me a million reasons not to take up citizenship.

How can it be? I thought our pink ic citizenship is the bestest in the world?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of my Chinese friends from Malaysia may convert their PR to pink IC but not a single of my Malay friends do so. They say life is heaven for them to retire in Malaysia with their Sinkapore dollar retirement fund/income. Wise fellows. [Heard that it is the same with those malays from the phillippines aka pinoys] Only stupid sinkies are left holding to the short ends. Curse be the pap.

Dude, some Malay Singaporeans plan to retire in Malaysia. They already have property there.
Not many Malaysian PRs want to be here permanantly. Malaysian property is cheaper, the food is better, women warmer and medical care costs almost nothing. Where do you want to retire ?

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Know a number of chinese Malaysian did convert to pink....from bosses (VPs and MDs from different companies) to professionals (accountants, engineers etc) to my hdb neighbors...though there's benefits of holding of both ic...the discriminatory treatment of Chinese in Malaysia and the goodwill from Singapore (provide them scholarship, almost equal treatment of them and citizen etc) make them switch.....this is especially so for those with kids...

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earn sing dollar retire with ringgit. When old move back Malaysia rent out the HDB or condo or both. HUAT Liao.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given a choice,

u want a citizenship of a big country with natural resources and decent cost of living or a puny island populated by ball-less losers who love to wait for 2016.

Yupe! Wouldnt want to be cramped up within four pigeon hole walls. Even with extra 20' land oso jadi.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
No smart Malaysians working/staying here want to convert. What for? They are here to enjoy when everything fine. Things go wrong here, they balek kampong with CPF, sell their HDB flats, let Spore die, no problem. We native Singaporeans die only, no where to run to. Many Msian friends here many years already. Said the same thing.

Our Govt stupid. If PR no convert after 3 years, the permit is cancelled. See then how these PR play the game.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
my malaysian friend said it best. if he converts cpf cannot draw. if he does not at least he will get it back. they are damned pissed they have to wait 5 years for their hard earned money. and he is a nus grad too

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my ex staff is a Malaysian and just after the Malaysian election, he was lamenting how good our PM Lee is with all the new policies. I asked him when is he going to apply for citizenship then since he said Singapore is so good. He told me he will give Najib another chance. I wanted to laugh and tell him to go fuck himself but can't do that because he was my staff then.

The only few Malaysians I know who have converted are those mothers whose kids are studying here.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is being polite because you are his boss. honesty is usually from equals. and even then you might not get it. my friend also says he knows there is no way you can retire here. he has been in singapore since secondary school. he knows malaysia is shit. and yet he will never choose here

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is being polite because you are his boss. honesty is usually from equals. and even then you might not get it. my friend also says he knows there is no way you can retire here. he has been in singapore since secondary school. he knows malaysia is shit. and yet he will never choose here

I already know that he and the rest of the Penang gang there will never become citizen. I just wanna see what he will say and when he said he wanted to give Najib anther chance, I almost burst our laughing because it has to be the lamest answer/excuse I've ever heard

Last edited:

curse044

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of my PR Malaysian friends do not want to convert n happy with PR status. One of them earned $7k per month. Had a bungalow in Ipoh, a 3-room condo in JB and a 4-room flat in Bishan near Junction 8. He said he gonna retire back in Malaysia n with the sale of his Bishan flat n all his withdrawn CPF, he can have ready cash of millions in MYR$.
If it's me, I would do that too.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No smart Malaysians working/staying here want to convert. What for? They are here to enjoy when everything fine. Things go wrong here, they balek kampong with CPF, sell their HDB flats, let Spore die, no problem. We native Singaporeans die only, no where to run to. Many Msian friends here many years already. Said the same thing.

Our Govt stupid. If PR no convert after 3 years, the permit is cancelled. See then how these PR play the game.

SPRs r very smart and calculative.

I know of a couple. Husband Indon SPR. Wife Msian SPR. But son SC.

And why are they still SPRs? Pretty obvious ya...:rolleyes:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are already planning exit, now that PR benefits are cut and new rules for PR like cannot rent out whole HDB. I come across one retired Msia Spr who owned condo and HDB, he used to live in condo and rent out HDB. Now that cannot rent out whole flat, he stay in the HDB but already made plans to exit. Have bought a JB house and will sell his HDB when JB house ready. After the health benefit cut , he now travels to JB hospital to get free medicine, instead of paying hundreds for them at polyclinic. Smart ah?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of my PR Malaysian friends do not want to convert n happy with PR status. One of them earned $7k per month. Had a bungalow in Ipoh, a 3-room condo in JB and a 4-room flat in Bishan near Junction 8. He said he gonna retire back in Malaysia n with the sale of his Bishan flat n all his withdrawn CPF, he can have ready cash of millions in MYR$.
If it's me, I would do that too.

In one of the places I worked in Spore I met an office boy,actually more like an uncle, who had 2 condos in Malaysia. His job in Spore was what you would call "switch off". On most days you would find him taking a nap or reading the newspaper. People paid little attention because he was just the "office boy" running errands. It was a job that no Sporean would want but to a Malaysian it was more than enough to pay for 2 condos.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are already planning exit, now that PR benefits are cut and new rules for PR like cannot rent out whole HDB. I come across one retired Msia Spr who owned condo and HDB, he used to live in condo and rent out HDB. Now that cannot rent out whole flat, he stay in the HDB but already made plans to exit. Have bought a JB house and will sell his HDB when JB house ready. After the health benefit cut , he now travels to JB hospital to get free medicine, instead of paying hundreds for them at polyclinic. Smart ah?

Which hospital does he go to:confused:

I think it's time for Sporeans to take advantage of what Malaysia has to offer. It's only fair since for years the Malaysian have been taking advantage of the Spore system.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which hospital does he go to:confused:

I think it's time for Sporeans to take advantage of what Malaysia has to offer. It's only fair since for years the Malaysian have been taking advantage of the Spore system.

Not sure, think he said Sultan Aminah or Ismail Hospital or something like that, those govt hospital, he takes bus there from causeway ...Free for their elderly citizens above sixty he said and it is the same medicine, he just tell the doctor what type of medicine he used to take in SG and they gave him the same ... Only free for their own people, Singaporean will have to pay...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure, think he said Sultan Aminah or Ismail Hospital or something like that, those govt hospital, he takes bus there from causeway ...Free for their elderly citizens above sixty he said and it is the same medicine, he just tell the doctor what type of medicine he used to take in SG and they gave him the same ... Only free for their own people, Singaporean will have to pay...

The fee Sporeans pay will probably be cheaper than what you pay in Spore.
I heard that many Sporeans go to JB for their dialysis because it's cheaper.

I've only been to a JB hospital once. My GP in Johore needed an xray so he sent me to a hospital to get an Xray. Waiting time was quite reasonable. The only thing you need to show is an IC.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
15k you can get a flat there. i foresee locals retiring there . let the mps be surrounded by foreigners only if they love them so much