• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dishonest Vet in Tanjong Katong cheated my family

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ageing dog was unwell and she was breathing hard last Friday, my daughter took her to the nearest vet @Tanjong Katong Road n she was put through a series of tests. Finally we were told she has kidney failure n diabetes, since she was unable to even sit up and breathing hard including groaning, my wife did not want to see her suffering anymore. She was willing to enthanise her to ease her suffering But the young vet replied that she can still live longer instead of letting her go. He said there's at least some months to go, so my wife relented to continue with his suggested treatments. Putting on the drip alone is $500, she was "hospitalised" for 3days and the bill came up to almost $4000!! We fetched her home in the day n she was still lying done in almost like the day she consulted the vet. By evening time I sense something is seriously wrong and told my wife we need a second opinion, so I went to a reputable vet with many years of experience. After checking on her, he told us the bad news, he said her condition is extremely bad and is almost near death. Heart beat is poor n blood pressure is very low, but we told him the Tg Katong vet adviced us she can live on for at least a few more months, why enthanise? He then said this is not right to mislead when organs are failing and her condition is so bad, its impossible to live any longer. True enough, she passed on about 3 hours later the same night. We felt cheated by the young vet who adviced us to let her be treated. We are deeply disappointed with such unreliable vet service. It's not the almost $4000 spent that made us so upset, we rather let her go peacefully without suffering more pain for the past 3 days. If she had improved after treatment, we will not be so angry. Be very careful if your pet is ill, go to a reliable vet or get second opinion before a big decision is made. The young vets are fond of pushing for a series of tests (they are very costly, ultra sound scan, blood test etc as initial diagnosis. They can't pinpoint with experience but must go through many tests first this is where a huge bill is being chalked up first. Ridiculous that it cost so much more than human beings, hope the Authority will regulate costs like human medical treatment to prevent abuse n profiteering.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ageing dog was unwell and she was breathing hard last Friday, my daughter took her to the nearest vet @Tanjong Katong Road n she was put through a series of tests. Finally we were told she has kidney failure n diabetes, since she was unable to even sit up and breathing hard including groaning, my wife did not want to see her suffering anymore. She was willing to enthanise her to ease her suffering But the young vet replied that she can still live longer instead of letting her go. He said there's at least some months to go, so my wife relented to continue with his suggested treatments. Putting on the drip alone is $500, she was "hospitalised" for 3days and the bill came up to almost $4000!! We fetched her home in the day n she was still lying done in almost like the day she consulted the vet. By evening time I sense something is seriously wrong and told my wife we need a second opinion, so I went to a reputable vet with many years of experience. After checking on her, he told us the bad news, he said her condition is extremely bad and is almost near death. Heart beat is poor n blood pressure is very low, but we told him the Tg Katong vet adviced us she can live on for at least a few more months, why enthanise? He then said this is not right to mislead when organs are failing and her condition is so bad, its impossible to live any longer. True enough, she passed on about 3 hours later the same night. We felt cheated by the young vet who adviced us to let her be treated. We are deeply disappointed with such unreliable vet service. It's not the almost $4000 spent that made us so upset, we rather let her go peacefully without suffering more pain for the past 3 days. If she had improved after treatment, we will not be so angry. Be very careful if your pet is ill, go to a reliable vet or get second opinion before a big decision is made. The young vets are fond of pushing for a series of tests (they are very costly, ultra sound scan, blood test etc as initial diagnosis. They can't pinpoint with experience but must go through many tests first this is where a huge bill is being chalked up first. Ridiculous that it cost so much more than human beings, hope the Authority will regulate costs like human medical treatment to prevent abuse n profiteering.
I spent $10,000 to keep my doggy alive

Very expensive ICU without attendant was $450 per nite
drip us 5x that for human
medicines at least 3x more
SUPER RIPOFF
NEVER TRUST MAJORITY OF THE VETS ANYMORE
CAVEAT EMPTOR....I HV SEEN ELDRRLY COUPLES USED UP THEIR COFFIN MONEY IN 2 WEEKS YRYONG TO SAVE THEIR FAMILY CAT....SO DAD

valleycat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please name the Tanjong Katong vet here...
Only one vet there , has at least 3 branches in Singapore, it’s a mistake to visit the nearest since my house is at Katong . If only I had consulted Mt.Pleasant vets who have been around for years , I probably w ont end up losing Almost $4000 to a money faced clinic who is so irresponsible with only money in mind. Will report Petsforlife to the tax dept to check on them for ripping off pet lovers.

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from my relative about being cheated , her daughter heard the clinic vets and staff whispering if their the dog can survive because condition is so bad. One of them even said don’t bother ,they are rich and can afford to pay so the next thing to happen is to mislead owner into believing the dog can live a few more months ! Isn’t it cruel and unprofessional? Hope our strict government will implement measures to and regulate this business to prevent abuse. Like human beings , should have Medical Board /council to monitor abuse n cheating to protect victims seeking treatment ,also to control their fees which are more costly than human treatment at the well regulated MOH administration. Feel sorry for my relative , anybody can give advice if there’s any legal recourse or recover payment made? Thank you

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from my relative about being cheated , her daughter heard the clinic vets and staff whispering if their the dog can survive because condition is so bad. One of them even said don’t bother ,they are rich and can afford to pay so the next thing to happen is to mislead owner into believing the dog can live a few more months ! Isn’t it cruel and unprofessional? Hope our strict government will implement measures to and regulate this business to prevent abuse. Like human beings , should have Medical Board /council to monitor abuse n cheating to protect victims seeking treatment ,also to control their fees which are more costly than human treatment at the well regulated MOH administration. Feel sorry for my relative , anybody can give advice if there’s any legal recourse or recover payment made? Thank you
Actuallee if what your leelative said are all true they can leeport the vet. Vet will need to leecord all the diagnosis and tests . Then use the 2nd vet findings to log the leeport.
However if your leelative just want to leecover all the useless diagnostic tests fees they can just walk in to the clinic to leemand for it and said if they don't pay back I will log leeport.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one? There's only one along Tanjong Katong Road.
Can claim CHAS for animal clinic visits?

AF1QipPj_ct0Uy1lhosMsLptkMFgr-6ck0hhwDVQorWf=s0

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only one vet there , has at least 3 branches in Singapore, it’s a mistake to visit the nearest since my house is at Katong . If only I had consulted Mt.Pleasant vets who have been around for years , I probably w ont end up losing Almost $4000 to a money faced clinic who is so irresponsible with only money in mind. Will report Petsforlife to the tax dept to check on them for ripping off pet lovers.
Mt Pleasant not cheap...it is a francais
so belly expensive
I spent 10k on my doggy..Mt P

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actuallee if what your leelative said are all true they can leeport the vet. Vet will need to leecord all the diagnosis and tests . Then use the 2nd vet findings to log the leeport.
However if your leelative just want to leecover all the useless diagnostic tests fees they can just walk in to the clinic to leemand for it and said if they don't pay back I will log leeport.
vet not under SMC OR SMT

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time pls use common sense, a good yard stick wud be the baby bonus scheme, 6k is to feed and raise a baby untill he finish school. 4k is a sure no no just to live few mths. Plus these Days a puppy collie or poddle cost 10k, crazy.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vets are mostly blood suckers. Very hard to find a genuine vet that is not really into profits. Among all the vets that I had been, I think only 2 vets that charge reasonably for their treatments and medications. One is at Bedok Reservoir and another one at AMK. For me personally these 2 vets have the personal touch and the compassion not to charge exorbitantly for their services. A GP once told me vets earn much more than a GP.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I noticed that some dog owners are the most longwinded, opinionated and self-entitled sons of bitches that think that all vets and groomers owe them a farkin' explanation and a living.