• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Lim 168 votes. Oh My God!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Congrats brother. We made history :biggrin:

1262ce631b714cefeff3cef6162b2a68_zpsda94905e.jpg

Congrats brother, we made history again in getting the lowest vote count and losing our deposit.

Last edited:

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond Lim's tagline should not be "Dedicated Local, Determined Leader". Instead it should read - 'Desperate Local, Disillusioned Leader"

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much did he pay for those posters? He must have sunk in at least $10,000 beside the deposit. Anyone know whether those 'volunteers' got paid?

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much did he pay for those posters? He must have sunk in at least $10,000 beside the deposit. Anyone know whether those 'volunteers' got paid?

Bro, you better not ask anymore cause he has threatened to sue anyone who rack this up and tarnish his ...er..image.
You do not mess around with people who has $16000 to burn every 2 years.

Last edited:

Alantis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder if anyone know whether DL's deposit and campaign monies came from his personal account or through the party??

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
SDA chief remains determined despite losing his election deposit a second straight time
mail
print
View all 2 comments

Share on Tumblr
10 HOURS 56 MIN AGO
SINGAPORE — The Singapore Democratic Alliance’s (SDA) candidate in the Punggol East by-election, Mr Desmond Lim Bak Chuan, said yesterday he would be back to contest the next General Election (GE), even after he performed worse than his previous showing and lost his election deposit for the second straight time.

Mr Lim, 45, garnered only 168 votes, or 0.5 per cent of the vote, forfeiting his S$14,500 deposit.

When he contested in Punggol East during the 2011 General Election, Mr Lim received 1,387 votes, or 4.45 per cent of the vote.

Mr Lim was the only candidate who did not hold a rally onsite, choosing instead to carry out a series of online rallies.

Speaking to reporters below his Pasir Ris condo after conceding defeat last night, Mr Lim said: “As you know, I’m not a fly-by-night politician, and I’m not a person who will run away from defeat.”

He added: “I’ve already done my best. It’s been a fast but hard-ending race and I will say that I expected the risk and challenges before I entered this contest. However, it was important for SDA to contest to keep the political flame alive.

“We will work harder, fight harder for the next coming GE, and I would like to thank the Punggol East residents nonetheless.”

Mr Lim contested under the SDA banner in the Jalan Besar Group Representation Constituency (GRC) in 2001, when his team garnered 25.5 per cent of valid votes; and in the Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC in 2006, where the team secured 31.3 per cent of the vote.

After polls closed at 8pm yesterday, Mr Lim headed to North Vista Secondary School, one of two counting centres. He left briefly for Rivervale Primary School, the second counting centre, before he returned to North Vista at around 9.45pm.

Mr Lim left Punggol East for his home a short while later, requesting for privacy to be with his family.

Speaking to reporters, he recounted meeting an 85-year-old resident who suffered from a cataract during the nine-day campaign period.

“I promised him, whether I win or lose, that I will help him raise medical funds,” Mr Lim said.

He went on to say that he has “contacted a foundation” as well as “highlighted it” to Dr Koh Poh Koon, the People’s Action Party candidate, when they met yesterday morning.

“Dr Koh, (with) his network, was also keen to look into it. However, I also appeal to the elected MP to join in this movement to help this resident to recover his eyesight,” Mr Lim said.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SDA chief remains determined despite losing his election deposit a second straight time
mail
print
View all 2 comments

Share on Tumblr
10 HOURS 56 MIN AGO
SINGAPORE — The Singapore Democratic Alliance’s (SDA) candidate in the Punggol East by-election, Mr Desmond Lim Bak Chuan, said yesterday he would be back to contest the next General Election (GE), even after he performed worse than his previous showing and lost his election deposit for the second straight time.

“We will work harder, fight harder for the next coming GE, and I would like to thank the Punggol East residents nonetheless.”

i guess he doesn't know what harder means.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
How did he manage to find employment as an engineer? Granted that engineers are not the most articulate bunch around, this fella can't even string whole sentences in either English or Mandarin.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Boss ah, his wife is PRC? I was looking for his pic when I chanced upon his family pic.

not sure about his wife :o:o:o
only remembered he mentioned previously that his boy is his inspiration. just imagine how the boy would be ridiculed in future :(:(:(

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
He must be a rich guy to throw away this money every 20 months. CSJ could use this money to feed his entire family when he was still a bankrupt.

damn... me chose the wrong discipline, should be M1 engineer instead :o:o:o