• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Desmond Kuek Says Sorry! Blames SMRT Fuck Ups On Sinkie Work Culture And Irresponsible 10%!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cue retrenchment of 10% of SMRT staff next year.

Cut the top salary first...why wait till there is a major rain disaster that involves lives due to the incompetencies of the top management. We have been blessed so far that the breakdowns from the clips falling off incident & many other breakdown over time & now the latest flood on the tunnels dues to water pumps not working well...are we waiting for something much serious to happen, that involves lives???

We all know, equipments etc...wears out, there are wear & tear & so forth...but this cannot be used as an excuse for management inefficiencies...

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in Japan, when they make this kind of announcement, it means the minister/CEO resigns, steps down and accepts the blame.

sinkie minister/CEO? only says sorry and shifts the blame a.k.a. play "tai chi".

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
General Desmond Kuek has made it clear that 10% of the SMRT workforce are not committed and they have infected the otherwise good sinkie work culture.

I propose the ancient Roman way of execution - DECIMATION!!

For the Legion's failure in battle, every 10th fucker is made to stand out and beaten to death by his other 9 comrades. It's either this, or extermination of the entire legion.We could do the same with SMRT. Get 9 good workers to lynch the 10th guy, preferably a sinkie.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Deep cultural issues ? Come on, it is a leadership issue. Plain and simple. As a leader, if you cannot manage people to manage issues, you are just not capable.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Deep cultural issues ? Come on, it is a leadership issue. Plain and simple. As a leader, if you cannot manage people to manage issues, you are just not capable.
He cannot manage the internal culture, so he follow them. Disaster happened and commuters suffered! Brilliant warrior, you cannot fight the enemy you lead your comrades into your enemy's hands. That is pure lazy, unwilling to take challenges. PAP spells Complacency and no one can tackle Silvia Lim's questions head-on except to rely on a Sham snake to spill toxics. Singapore is doom and next GE seems too far away to salvage the current situation.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am i seeing something wrong here? Part of a job of a CEO is to reshape the culture of the organisation to achieve the best service.

What i am seeing here is that he is blaming the work culture in HIS own organisation that he suppose to manage.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Am i seeing something wrong here? Part of a job of a CEO is to reshape the culture of the organisation to achieve the best service.

What i am seeing here is that he is blaming the work culture in HIS own organisation that he suppose to manage.
it’s a prelude to getting rid of at least 6.9% sinkie deadwood, usually older sinkie aunties and uncles who don’t like whipper-snapper saf scholars telling them what to do.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps there were some positive changes. Credits to them.

Nevertheless, had they anticipated the higher traffic volume and the stress it had on the tracks? Or were they more interested in installing fancy LED signs to show which stop you're at? :confused::confused::confused:

No clue what the general was doing or what his kpis are. But I know we are in this mess because someone in government thought it was a brilliant idea to appoint DFS retailer to head the national rail network. No one ever took responsibility for that .

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am actually surprised that Desmond Quek can last so long still. This is a deep seated cultural issue.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buzz off, oppie!

We do not have a blame culture here. It was an honest mistake by irresponsible ground staff with the wrong work culture. Let's move on.

You contradict yourself lah. You say no blame culture, yet you blame the ground staff.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am actually surprised that Desmond Quek can last so long still. This is a deep seated cultural issue.
It is not whether how long he will last, it is how long his boss wanted him to last because he makes good scapegoat for any Transport minister of the day. Look at the reporters meeting yesterday, DK and his team took the blame and apologise while KBW continue to self glorify himself.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is the culture he is bringing from the SAF, that bred & Nurtured him. In the SAF it is the subordinate that takes the blame, the 'bluer' one is the greater the buffer, this is what we get, we have so call "generals" that are parachuted into the government to run organisations that are related to the government.

It is already having to pinch their thick hides to apologise publicly , what is needed is to slap those hides...hard!, before, we face a major disaster with the rail system that involves lives...why need to fear terrorists? ( not that, we musn't, we must!) but the fear & danger that each commuters faces with their lives, daily travelling the trains...we must add, the inefficiencies of top management...that is the real fear.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

If he has rise from a officer to a CDF in SAF , did he blame the culture ? He must be full of praise for MINDEF. Typical MINDEF CDF who do not have the brain to work in pte sector except assigning blame his minions and file and rank workers.

MINDEF is a unreal working environment not as volatile and dynamic in a Pte sector. In pte sector, you need a different mindset and skill set to run. People can just walk and go. Whereas MINDEF can't. You be charge for insubordination for not carrying out. In pte sector, you cannot just charge people for not performing a task well. Task has to be executed by well trained and willing worker. That's the stark difference.

Motivating your worker ( not soldier ) is a different dimension altogether.

Desmond Kuek just demonstrated that he is only suited for a sterile organisation like MINDEF.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sembawang mrt station this morning after saying sorry. Imagine how much worse this problem would have been if Desmond didn't apologize. On behalf of all samsters here, I would like to thank Desmond Quek for a job well done so far, and that all the samsters here are fully supportive of his efforts to keep our trainings running smoothly. At least trains here do not derail and kill their passengers, unlike in many countries.

22449789_1608323289228997_4869456364672242231_n.jpg

22519472_1608323285895664_3052916372286958517_n.jpg