• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Kuek must go. 3 month old Trainees dying is not acceptable

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak ...Desmond in incompetent and yet earning so much more than his counterpart. Since he came on board, breakdowns continue and the worst one happened under his watch. But he was not held accountable ...why? Because he has someone in government looking after him. They brought in a team of experts to find out about the breakdown ...as if this was an unusual event. Everyone knew that the cost-cutting to boost profits led to poor maintenance and thus the frequent breakdowns. No, only PAP government so dumb to see the obvious. Hiring of foreign experts was just to cover up.
This unnecessary death is the final fiasco. If a string of failures does not lead to his ouster, what else is needed to get him out? An explosion?

No no no. Ask yourself. If he go, problem all gone? It a tough job. If no plp beside help me take shit, i also wun do.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
its mediocre compared to $8 cow. considered his association and standing through the thicks with TT durain follow thru NPark crompton affairs, then hospital bed crunchs, the screwup gets bigger by the day.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With due respect to the deceased, has anyone noticed that the SMRT is majority-staffed with Malays for maintenance, Indians for Security & Chinese for others & the staff co-operation seems to be Race-based.
I see the Indian Security, acting kuai-lan', most times...
I see the SMRT crew, eating at the Hawker Centre - all Malays, Indians,...
Note one of the dead crew's father, is an SMRT staff.
What's SMRT's hiring policy ?
I see racial segregation here.....

So i suppose in the end chinese are to be blamed for this?

Anyway i also know were the 2 who died were chinese somehow less m&ds would be bitching in fact i even dare say less ppl would be concerned.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
With due respect to the deceased, has anyone noticed that the SMRT is majority-staffed with Malays for maintenance, Indians for Security & Chinese for others & the staff co-operation seems to be Race-based.
I see the Indian Security, acting kuai-lan', most times...
I see the SMRT crew, eating at the Hawker Centre - all Malays, Indians,...
Note one of the dead crew's father, is an SMRT staff.
What's SMRT's hiring policy ?
I see racial segregation here.....

Employees are hired based on skill sets and qualifications. And it so happens that certain races are good at certain tasks. You feel me?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So i suppose in the end chinese are to be blamed for this?

Anyway i also know were the 2 who died were chinese somehow less m&ds would be bitching in fact i even dare say less ppl would be concerned.

bed time, ching chong nigger!

did you witness the gang clash in geylang 2 nites ago?

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_5383.JPG

Having seen all the poor records, do you miss the Dear Leader?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
They got it all wrong backwards. The most critical staff r the operational people- the railway men and women. The top mgt esp the army ones know squat! They r the ones that r expendable!

Right, bro. in the short term, the top guy is the easiest to replace. a lot of answers lie with the operational people here, but look at DQ's cb face. would you tell him?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bloody details of how the two trainees got hit and nobody else did are still not revealed. SMRT is withholding info probably to protect the guilty. But I speculate it is this.

When the first three reached the junction box, the engineer leader must have jumped on to the tracks immediately, obviously he had forgotten to signal to the HQ that he had reached. The two then jumped in. Leader saw train coming fast, jumped clear, but the two could not react fast enough. The other 12 probably gawking at what just happened.

So what happened to training drills? Who designed the training safety manual? Wasnt the leader supposed to wait and form up before charging? With a fucking BG in charge, why even this simple protocol copied from the army to ensure safety?

Really unforgiveable error!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the real ethos and legacy that the current Cabinet under his son should emulate and not asking Sinkies to idolise him and leave them alone. It is they who need the lessons badly.

From a Malay letter writer to TRE ...

http://www.tremeritus.com/2016/03/23/lee-kuan-yew-would-have-sacked-incompetent-smrt-ceo/

Lee Kuan Yew would have sacked the incompetent SMRT CEO

March 23rd, 2016

Today is Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s one year death anniversary.

Most Singaporeans respect Mr Lee for everything he sacrificed and did for Singapore. One important trait Mr Lee possessed was his disdain for imperfection and incompetence. SMRT’s latest tragedy where two young technicians died after a train crashed into them while they were repairing the tracks is total incompetence.

If Mr Lee Kuan Yew was still alive, he would have sacked SMRT CEO Desmond Kuek after this latest fiasco. This current leaders of Singapore are simply weak and too soft on their non-performing subordinates.

When Mr Lee was in charge, anything he took charge would be tested to perfection before being released to the public. Now, everything is tested by the public and Singaporeans are made to suffer incompetence and inefficiencies.

Desmond Kuek has been given so much time to turn things around but till today, track faults and delays are the norm and worse now safety was compromised, two young lives gone. Lee Kuan Yew would have fired his sorry ass for not turning the situation around but made things worse.

Sometimes I think Singapore really miss Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s no nonsense approach to governance. He is firm, he is harsh, but he will force the people to make things work. No excuses, no apologies, he would have solved the problem no matter how difficult it was.

The current batch of Ministers need to learn from the late Mr Lee and use this steel to get things done. Stop using words to smoke Singaporean, stop talking and start delivering on results.

Rizad Said

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Desmond, instead of speaking about HR matters in HR convention, better spend your remaining time focusing on safety lapses in SMRT!

http://www.hrsummit.com.sg/plenary.php
Powering SMRT's Transformation & Culture Change - Live Interview with SMRT CEO
Desmond Kuek
President and Group CEO, SMRT Corporation
To tackle the challenges amidst the changing landscape of Singapore's transport industry, SMRT has been undergoing a transformation to meet the demands of its diverse stakeholders and manage the renewal and upgrading of an aging rail network.
Join President and Group CEO of SMRT Corporation, Desmond Kuek, in this exclusive candid live Q&A session as he shares the company's efforts in engaging their workforce, as well as how his experiences in the Singapore Armed Forces helped shape his leadership and management style to bring SMRT back on track.
View Abstract

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bloody details of how the two trainees got hit and nobody else did are still not revealed. SMRT is withholding info probably to protect the guilty. But I speculate it is this.

When the first three reached the junction box, the engineer leader must have jumped on to the tracks immediately, obviously he had forgotten to signal to the HQ that he had reached. The two then jumped in. Leader saw train coming fast, jumped clear, but the two could not react fast enough. The other 12 probably gawking at what just happened.

So what happened to training drills? Who designed the training safety manual? Wasnt the leader supposed to wait and form up before charging? With a fucking BG in charge, why even this simple protocol copied from the army to ensure safety?

Really unforgiveable error!

SMRT is a public listed company regulated by the government. If the regulators are ok with it, surely the shareholders are ok with it. So what is your problem? :oIo:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW! Am I missing something here?

How did you get from "if the regulators are ok with it" to "surely the stakeholders are ok with it"????

Should I take you seriously?

SMRT is a public listed company regulated by the government. If the regulators are ok with it, surely the shareholders are ok with it. So what is your problem? :oIo: