• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Deserves Mentioning - MRT On the Dot

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This morning decided to try take the first train to the airport. Checked MRT's website says first train arrives at 5.45am. Then checked how long it will take it says estimated time is 41 minutes

Was 5 minutes early but sure enough the first train arrives at 5.45am. Changed in Tanah Merah and arrived in Chang Airport at 6.26am exactly 41 minutes no more no less and no problem to catch the 7.40am flight.

I hope MRT will always be like that.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YOU CAN AFFORD TO FLY..you can AFFORD TO CALL FOR A TAXI TO BRING YOU TO THE AIRPORT..on time..."pennywise, pound foolish"...after all. taxis are AFFORDABLE HERE.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bad thing about taking the MRT to the airport is you'll have to walk a lot and go up escalators. Not a good thing if you're carrying a lot of luggage.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bad thing about taking the MRT to the airport is you'll have to walk a lot and go up escalators. Not a good thing if you're carrying a lot of luggage.

I was actually taking a risk as I timed it such that I only have 1hr 10mins before takeoff but I knew if I have to miss there is another flight at around 8 something. Luggage wise is ok today as its just a two days trip so small roller.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was actually taking a risk as I timed it such that I only have 1hr 10mins before takeoff but I knew if I have to miss there is another flight at around 8 something. Luggage wise is ok today as its just a two days trip so small roller.

Take a taxi....

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This morning decided to try take the first train to the airport. Checked MRT's website says first train arrives at 5.45am. Then checked how long it will take it says estimated time is 41 minutes

Was 5 minutes early but sure enough the first train arrives at 5.45am. Changed in Tanah Merah and arrived in Chang Airport at 6.26am exactly 41 minutes no more no less and no problem to catch the 7.40am flight.

I hope MRT will always be like that.

Sad that mrt being on time is an exception and we cheer. We have come to accept and expect MRT to be late. In other countries, being on time is expected and normal. Being late is an exception.

Is SG 3rd world? Crumbling of Singapore is imminent

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Sad that mrt being on time is an exception and we cheer. We have come to accept and expect MRT to be late. In other countries, being on time is expected and normal. Being late is an exception.

To be honest...MRT here is better now lah... the crux to the mrt congestion is badly designed station and linkways not meant for 6.9m people nor 10m which PAP wants.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro when SMRt are on time they are on time.They will find every which way to announce to you big big on their LCD tvs.But when things go south they will tell u,there is unscheduled maintenance going on,sorry for the unexpected delay.we are dispatching team down to locate the train fault.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be honest...MRT here is better now lah... the crux to the mrt congestion is badly designed station and linkways not meant for 6.9m people nor 10m which PAP wants.

the crux of the problem is maintenance neglect during SPW's time and PAP's incompetence in projecting demand for services and building ahead of it

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes indeed.
Now seems sinkies have to be thankful, grateful and celebrate when vile pappies do their jobs.
We pay them the highest salaries in this world and our expectations are so low?
This type is 60.1% mindset.....before GE shed croc tears and insincere apology and all are sold.
Really pathetic sinkie behavior

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes indeed.
Now seems sinkies have to be thankful, grateful and celebrate when vile pappies do their jobs.
We pay them the highest salaries in this world and our expectations are so low?
This type is 60.1% mindset.....before GE shed croc tears and insincere apology and all are sold.
Really pathetic sinkie behavior

Exactly. We have really degenerated into 3rd world and expect very little and low standard of performance from our political leaders.

Look at our National Stadium. After spending $1.3B, we allow Lawrence Wong and VB to get away with a piece of lemon? Where is accountability?

Look at the frivolous way TH invest our CPF money...losing hundreds of millions of dollars on Micropolis and hundreds millions on ABC Learning centres...where is accountability?

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
See my posts are not to appreciate them for bringing me to the airport on time its their job and duty to provide a good product and on time to paying customers like all of us. Just pointing out that they can actually do it if they want so no bloody excuses for the next fuckup by these vile profit making mothersons.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
See my posts are not to appreciate them for bringing me to the airport on time its their job and duty to provide a good product and on time to paying customers like all of us. Just pointing out that they can actually do it if they want so no bloody excuses for the next fuckup by these vile profit making mothersons.

They can do it when demand is within capacity.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country First World status, shittyzens 3rd world and 3rd Class. Look at how all the Ministers treat and say abt Sinkies, not even an ounce of respect for its own people. The only time they are nice when Erection coming.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Country First World status, shittyzens 3rd world and 3rd Class. Look at how all the Ministers treat and say abt Sinkies, not even an ounce of respect for its own people. The only time they are nice when Erection coming.

Do u think sinkies deserve to be sympathized with or respected?balless...cant do anything....cant think for themselves....cant stand together......daft,stupid,talk and think like farmers and coolies.....u know I'm beginning to think that maybe sinkies should have been maids and construction workers in other countries in the first place.it was a stroke of luck we somehow got developed first before our neighbors.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do u think sinkies deserve to be sympathized with or respected?balless...cant do anything....cant think for themselves....cant stand together......daft,stupid,talk and think like farmers and coolies.....u know I'm beginning to think that maybe sinkies should have been maids and construction workers in other countries in the first place.it was a stroke of luck we somehow got developed first before our neighbors.

True, but that does not mean the next few Generation will not change the couse of Spore and still allow the PAP to hve majority of votes.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I usually head for the airport 4 hours before a flight. Have to switch trains 3 times & don't like to take risks.

Many things can go wrong now in Spore: can't get a cab, MRT trains breaking down, sky trains breaking down at the airport, booking system can break down at changing,....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True, but that does not mean the next few Generation will not change the couse of Spore and still allow the PAP to hve majority of votes.

bro i looked into my crystal ball and saw the future,the only future i saw for sinkies is hawkering and taxi driving.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I usually head for the airport 4 hours before a flight. Have to switch trains 3 times & don't like to take risks.

Many things can go wrong now in Spore: can't get a cab, MRT trains breaking down, sky trains breaking down at the airport, booking system can break down at changing,....

Was pretty fun taking this risk but knowing that I can catch a later flight and there's no appointment in the morning, was in my Jkt office at 9.10am