• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Darinne Ko NUS Law Scandal Student Girl

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro sense, tks. It means both sides should remain silent and stand to get off on 1 year's sentence.

The illustration in the prisoner's dilenmma is an illustration of the gravity of 2 parties confessions, ie. so it could be less or more than 1 yr in that case.

In this case, I fear the worse for the good professor.

Looking at the charges against him:
1. Sex on two occassions,
2. Montblanc pen worth $740,
3. two tailor-made shirts worth $236.20,
4. iPod worth $160,
5. Payment for one of his bills worth S$1,278.60

My read is that only Ko has such details, esp. on the $ amount.

Thus it's likely an effect of "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned".

The irony here is that Ko did not forsee the counter-effect where she would likely be left with only an 'A' levels if the prof is convicted.

Ko has also wilfully disgrace her parents. Sad.

Last edited:
M

Mdm Tang

How to dig out past 4 years of students' answers scripts and

project work ?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Real life is never so idealistic as what's depicted in the prisoner's dilemma. In real life you can never know your sentences beforehand within the context of each scenario.

In Darinne's case its very hard not to confess because the police will be using a variety of psychological ploys, like convincing you that its not worth going to jail to save such a worthless guy, that if you don't confess and they charge you, you can go jail for a very long time, etc. Its not a pure logic game, to get Darinne's confession probably involved emotional manipulation together with fear of the unknown.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the academic version. There are actually 3 options and not just 2 (confess or remain silent). Its the 3rd options that cracks the case. No prisoner is prepared to face consequences other than what he is culpable for ie. what he actually did.

When a prisoner is told that he is being implicated much than what he did by the other accused whether true or not, will force him or her to yield.

Its used extensively by law enforcment, prosecutors and Intelligence agencies. Thr starting point in any investigation and interrogation is that everyone involved is the mastermind, everyone involved is the one who actually pulled the trigger and each involved took the largest slice of the ill gotten gains. This is not taught in academia. This approach forces investigators and interrogators not to operate with pre-conceived notions, the meek do get run-over by the strong and deception on the part of all involved become less of an influencing factor. The French and its colonies of the past operate in this manner and it their official written dogma.

The British and the Americans operate on the basis that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and thusnuse this model clandestinlely. Its a very good model especially for bribery cases where there are no victims but both the giver and taker are culprits and therefore more likely to remain silent if this approach was not used.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: The Fun JC

I know several seasoned policemen who also crumbled. One even shot a guman! Being a young charbor, not difficult to 'demolish' DK. Not howlianing, but I am confident of breaking her down in an hour if tasked to. I am also familiar with 2 policemen who die die did not PG while under CPIB interrogation for almost 48 hrs. They were in their late 20s. Both of them, No Further Action taken. Out of self fear, both resigned.

I'm sure ah ram can do it in half an hour!

Are those two in cahoots? If so, they must have superb faith in each other!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

How to dig out past 4 years of students' answers scripts and

project work ?

You think universities throw away exam scripts? You'll be surprised. Esp for PAP island, if you want to join the MIW, they'll check if you were the top student in pre-school.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
But before we speculate.............anyone here knows the marking process for exam scripts??????

Got marker, and reviewer for the scripts or not??????????????

uni system is to have marker (can be PhD student), grade reviewer (academic) and external examiner (from another uni)

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
uni system is to have marker (can be PhD student), grade reviewer (academic) and external examiner (from another uni)

if i am not wrong, i heard got 2 markers to counter check. for my side i was from, phd students cannot touch it(science chemistry), they only mark practical sheets not exam papers. moderation all that were done by the prof teaching, then they submit it to the department of the final grade. i do know of incidents when too many b+ above grades being given out and the prof was being ask to defend his position.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn!!! according to wanbao the gal pay so much and bbbj, fj and maybe aj only got a B??? think this ex judge maybe what those in power are scared of! too many insider info, know the loophole and all the skeletons in the closet. so gotta discredit him first!!! sure he will be convicted!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn!!! according to wanbao the gal pay so much and bbbj, fj and maybe aj only got a B??? think this ex judge maybe what those in power are scared of! too many insider info, know the loophole and all the skeletons in the closet. so gotta discredit him first!!! sure he will be convicted!!!

Grades are contextual.

If the paper is hard and the paper marker is known to be strict, getting a B when the rest of the class only got Cs is quite the achievement.
In the land of the blind, one-eyed man is king.
In the land of the horny tikos, one-slit gash is queen.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Real life is never so idealistic as what's depicted in the prisoner's dilemma. In real life you can never know your sentences beforehand within the context of each scenario.

In Darinne's case its very hard not to confess because the police will be using a variety of psychological ploys, like convincing you that its not worth going to jail to save such a worthless guy, that if you don't confess and they charge you, you can go jail for a very long time, etc. Its not a pure logic game, to get Darinne's confession probably involved emotional manipulation together with fear of the unknown.

Yes, list out all the options available and get your subject to choose the one that has the best outcome. Goreng here and there and that person will choose what's best for oneself. That's the normal behavior of human beings.

Let me guess what could have been said to DK. Likely to be:
a) Save yourself and be a PW. We will ensure you won't be prosecuted for a very serious offence under the PCA. AGC will agree with our recommendation. Your life and career still ok;;
b) Guy's not worth saving. He was unfaithful to you. We are aware he was screwing many others. You are just a spare tyre;
c) If you don't cooperate, you will end up the biggest loser coz we are going to offer him the chance to be PW and you will be the accused;
d) Confess or not, we have all the crucial evidence to send you to jail. Think of your folks. Your career also gone case if convicted

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, list out all the options available and get your subject to choose the one that has the best outcome. Goreng here and there and that person will choose what's best for oneself. That's the normal behavior of human beings.

Let me guess what could have been said to DK. Likely to be:
a) Save yourself and be a PW. We will ensure you won't be prosecuted for a very serious offence under the PCA. AGC will agree with our recommendation. Your life and career still ok;;
b) Guy's not worth saving. He was unfaithful to you. We are aware he was screwing many others. You are just a spare tyre;
c) If you don't cooperate, you will end up the biggest loser coz we are going to offer him the chance to be PW and you will be the accused;
d) Confess or not, we have all the crucial evidence to send you to jail. Think of your folks. Your career also gone case if convicted

today uncle GD so free??? never go hang flower?

xiaogoupi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh, how come nobody is curious enough to ask exactly how did the news of their affair leaked out ?

Was it through a lost handphone?

Leaked video?

Bring laptop for repair but forgot to delete the raunchy pics and technician uploaded them?

Parrot in the bird cage that memorized their horny sounds while fking?

And who bao doh them ?

Who could have been close enough to these 2 pple to have all these internal info that she was sleeping for grades ? Naturally assuming they would not have gone around telling people.

That whistleblower is a little over detailed too dont you think?

Can even SEXPOSE down to the last receipt of what she bought for the ASS-ISTANT Prof !!

Like hell bent to destroy both of them.

Confirm is got grudge one.

My hunch is the whistleblower is that sui char bor in that hot yellow nightie.

She cannot take it lying down that why she so appealing but why ASS-istant Professor choose a cock eyed tomboy over her.

She felt disgruntled that Ko got higher grades than her.

She felt resentful so she plotted revenge, thats why she exposed them !!

I think Mediacorp should hire me to be their scriptwriter sia ~~

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is not whether they have hard evidence.

The question here is how the authorities knew about this case. This is strictly a matter between the two. As you said, it is unlikely that the girl told her friends and then her friends reported to the authorities. It is even less likely that the prof had told others. So how could the authorities knew about it .... (answer is obvious - listen to Sting's Every breath you take).

I really doubt AGC would proceed with a case on the basis of hearsay. Also, the idea that she told friends about the affair and then this got to the ears of the CPIB which then initiated an investigation, is also fanciful. More likely is that CPIB acted only after it was presented with hard evidence, and then it made its recommendation to AGC. As far as I know this is how things work over here.