• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cyclist died after crashing into stationary lorry in Changi

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems that plenty of cyclists simply do not know the rules of road cycling, and most of the time they will make things up to suit their own desires. No wonder so many fatalities.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
They think they are in Den Hague or Stockholm.

a LITTLE bicycle cannot slow don't cars with 100k coe, jungle law rules.

Yet still TRYING TO ASERT THEIR RIGHTS AND THEY ARE PAYONG WITH THEIR LIVES.

This is Asia life is cheap -Cement Mixer can roll over 2 little boys.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tomorrow you walk on the road I hope u too will be crashed to death by a Truck!!
Cursing cyclist??

Don't worry. The spirits of those dead cyclists will come to haunt him and take his life away soon, be it through accident or illness.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They ask for it by cycling in the roads....for yr info I was a cyclist once and I owned a branded bike,,,I stop cycling on the roads etc because it was dangerous for me, I cant beat a vehicle and I dont want to take the chance. So I cycled in parks etc, designated cycling areas and at night where there is less cars and pedestrians..When I cycle on foot path I ensure there is less people and when I reach a traffic crossing, I get of my bike and push across as that is the law. If there is many people I get off and push..and I dont do those tour de france shit. Will those tour de frogs fuckwits and ah tiong, blangah, ah soh, ah peh and what not assholes cycle, do they follow such protocols?

So I have the right to curse assholes who gives problems to others..I am a cyclist that play by the rules and so should others

Tomorrow you walk on the road I hope u too will be crashed to death by a Truck!!
Cursing cyclist??

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i too cycled on the road years ago. i seriously dont care what the traffic rules are BUT i make sure i wont get run over by motorized vehicles by giving way to them and when in doubt pull over by the road and push the bike on the pavement till i think the road is safe enough to ride on again. As much as the right of way may favour the cyclist aka me, i wont risk unless it perfectly safe.i rode till 2006 before i gave up as i view it no longer safe to ride on public road.

i really dont understand why cyclists and motorcyclists insist blocking cars/trucks/bus because they have right of way. it just take one blur cock/siao/angry/cock eye driver to turn into their path and run over the bike and rider. insisting on right of way can get hurt so why be so stubborn?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say let the cyclists remain on the roads and for fucks sake learn to ride safely. BAN cyclists from all pavements bcos they are meant for pedestrians, baby strollers and dogs !!!

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
They ask for it by cycling in the roads....for yr info I was a cyclist once and I owned a branded bike,,,I stop cycling on the roads etc because it was dangerous for me, I cant beat a vehicle and I dont want to take the chance. So I cycled in parks etc, designated cycling areas and at night where there is less cars and pedestrians..When I cycle on foot path I ensure there is less people and when I reach a traffic crossing, I get of my bike and push across as that is the law. If there is many people I get off and push..and I dont do those tour de france shit. Will those tour de frogs fuckwits and ah tiong, blangah, ah soh, ah peh and what not assholes cycle, do they follow such protocols?

You cycle on the roads and not in the roads you big fat twit!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe singapore should invest in bicycle lanes everywhere in singapore, since the car is heavily taxed, they should invest the money taken from driver and sink it in road infrastructure of bicycle, like the netherlands bicycle lane.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not agree as the money should b used for public tpt improvement. Y should these rich people sport whp can afford 1k bikes get to use the road for free? N from my experience in ang mor land. With bike lanes cyclists still*cycle on the middle lane. N cycle 2 or 3 abreast. So wat the point? They still cause problems..

maybe singapore should invest in bicycle lanes everywhere in singapore, since the car is heavily taxed, they should invest the money taken from driver and sink it in road infrastructure of bicycle, like the netherlands bicycle lane.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They think they are in Den Hague or Stockholm.

a LITTLE bicycle cannot slow don't cars with 100k coe, jungle law rules.

Yet still TRYING TO ASERT THEIR RIGHTS AND THEY ARE PAYONG WITH THEIR LIVES.

This is Asia life is cheap -Cement Mixer can roll over 2 little boys.

The BOYS WERE AT FAULT, taking 60% of the blame, go research & look carefully the site of the accident. I know that junction, & that area well, used to go there.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like the racing bike biz is very good. So many people taking to serious bike racing as a way to keep fit. The irony!

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seems like the racing bike biz is very good. So many people taking to serious bike racing as a way to keep fit. The irony!

you don't need to cycle with a "racing" mentality to keep fit... groups like ANZA and joy riders do nothing but promote cycling as a racing tool and nothing much else

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are a few cities which are making an effort to be bike friendly. Auckland is a long way off from achieving this. Napier and the Hawkes Bay in general is well on the way.

What?.?

Bike friendlymin singapore and the PAp makes less taxes off theirnridiculousnpetrol??

Hahahahaha we areprobably one of those fuckng countries who consciously inhibit the use of diesel and hybrid vehicles withnthenfucking taxes....cant you see?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
you don't need to cycle with a "racing" mentality to keep fit... groups like ANZA and joy riders do nothing but promote cycling as a racing tool and nothing much else

Leisure cycling only helps fitness to a limited extent. What those who buy and ride racing bikes want is to have a toned and ripped bod.
I rarely see those riding racing bikes looking flabby.

However, S'pore roads are really not the place for racing bikes -- or indeed, other bicycles -- period!