• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CST - Truly the People's MP!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width=150 align=left>g2m6

</TD><TD class=row1 height=28 vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:44 am Post subject: My Sincere Thank You - Chiam See Tong</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>A thank you note from Chiam See Tong to ALL the residents of PP.

"I considered all the residents irrespective of their support as one big family of Potong Pasir and represented them in the Parliament. I sincerely owe my success to the brave and determined residents of Potong Pasir."

http://www.spp.org.sg/?p=373</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope history can truly reflect what kind of man CST was. Skinny guy running solo for so many years against the PAP political machine. No compromise on his morals. Outshines the other fellow by a mile.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Chiam is a truly respectable gentleman. He will live long in the memory of Singaporeans. He is a legend and an icon who will leave behind a great legacy. Even PAP candidates like BG Tan have spoken of their complete admiration and respect for Mr Chiam.

I am really saddened by Mr Chiam's current state of health. He is so frail and weak compared to before. He can't speak clearly and can't walk properly. I don't think he will be doing much speaking at the rallies. He is just there to provide presence and credibility for his team-mates. Benjamin Pwee and Wilfred Leung look like capable chaps. Pwee even managed to find $2 million from donors to start a SPP charity fund. That says something about his capabilities.

Sadly Bishan-Toa Payoh is a bridge too far for Mr Chiam and the SPP. They will clinch a respectable 33-38% of the votes and will probably be returned as NCMPs. But I do not think that the residents of Bishan-Toa Payoh will risk losing two big name ministers. Word also has it that despite DPM Wong's unpopularity nationwide, he is actually very strong in his own constituency.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please do not underestimate the power of the people to change. Please offer more encouragement, rather than your estimate that the opposition may gather 33 to 38 per cent of the valid votes cast.

If that is the situation, more so the electorate should serously consider marking "X" for the opposition candidates.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would be a 'risk' to lose 2 'big names' ministers?
Frankly I do not understand people with such logic.
The sooner these people go the better.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not saying that I am worried about the risk of losing 2 ministers.

I personally think it doesn't matter if we lose 2 ministers, 5 ministers or 10 ministers. If they lose, they don't deserve to be ministers. It's as simple as that.

But I am stating my opinion that many people in Bishan-TP would be worried about losing 2 ministers. And so they might be inclined to vote PAP even though they have a good impression of Mr Chiam.

If I was living in Bishan-TP, I would not only vote for Mr Chiam but get all my family, friends and neighbours to vote for him. He is someone I respect deeply and worth voting for.

Besides, if PAP loses 2 ministers, that might be the perfect wake-up call for them to buck up.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do not underestimate the power of the people to change. Please offer more encouragement, rather than your estimate that the opposition may gather 33 to 38 per cent of the valid votes cast.

I prefer to be conservative in my estimate. Besides, in the last election, most constituencies reflected a very high % in favour of PAP. So realistically speaking there would have to be a swing of 15-20% in favour of the opposition in order for them to win in almost every ward except Hougang, Potong Pasir and Aljunied.

Believe me, I would probably cry tears of joy if Mr Chiam manages to win. He is a huge underdog but he has been one all his career. He is someone who really gave his life to serve the people. He did it with dignity and humility. Even now, when he can't even walk or speak normally, he is still out pounding the ground, distributing flyers and talking to people at markets and coffee shops. We don't see PAP leaders doing that.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will leave it to you to try your best to persuade those in the swing vote category, to vote for CST and his team mates, because you reside in SG (whereas I reside in the True North, Strong and Free), and you are on the ground.
Thank you.
Good Luck.

I prefer to be conservative in my estimate. Besides, in the last election, most constituencies reflected a very high % in favour of PAP. So realistically speaking there would have to be a swing of 15-20% in favour of the opposition in order for them to win in almost every ward except Hougang, Potong Pasir and Aljunied.

Believe me, I would probably cry tears of joy if Mr Chiam manages to win. He is a huge underdog but he has been one all his career. He is someone who really gave his life to serve the people. He did it with dignity and humility. Even now, when he can't even walk or speak normally, he is still out pounding the ground, distributing flyers and talking to people at markets and coffee shops. We don't see PAP leaders doing that.

dankos

I will leave it to you to try your best to persuade those in the swing vote category, to vote for CST and his team mates, because you reside in SG (whereas I reside in the True North, Strong and Free), and you are on the ground.
Thank you.
Good Luck.

u believe this so called cpt?? if he lived in toa payoh, he will find another 101 excuses not to vote for mr chiam. simple as that. no principles, no morals, no balls.

Spearhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Chiam ST,
U have earned the respects of ALL SINGAPOREAN regardless which area he/she lived in..

Thank again for standing for Singaporean for the past few elections and walking into a GRC.
I will do my part to forward ur flyers to my friends/ relative living in Toa payoh and bishan....

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not saying that I am worried about the risk of losing 2 ministers.

I personally think it doesn't matter if we lose 2 ministers, 5 ministers or 10 ministers. If they lose, they don't deserve to be ministers. It's as simple as that.

But I am stating my opinion that many people in Bishan-TP would be worried about losing 2 ministers. And so they might be inclined to vote PAP even though they have a good impression of Mr Chiam.

If I was living in Bishan-TP, I would not only vote for Mr Chiam but get all my family, friends and neighbours to vote for him. He is someone I respect deeply and worth voting for.

Besides, if PAP loses 2 ministers, that might be the perfect wake-up call for them to buck up.

The MIW ministers are just ordinary human beings like evrybody ,they are not superman,they don't have 2 heads or 4 legs or 4 hands.
Vote out the blood-sucking White Parasites!
Vote for the Opposition !

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes he fights for everyone... No second class Singaporean!

Black or white, brown or blue, male or female, scholars or ex-con, gay & lesbian or normal, good genes or bad... We are Singaporeans!

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would be a 'risk' to lose 2 'big names' ministers?
Frankly I do not understand people with such logic.
The sooner these people go the better.

There are so many spare ministers hanging and loafing around. So what if a few so called ministers get voted out. They are all easily replaceable. I seriously don't see any issues whatsoever if any of the "ministers" get voted out as they have not displayed any credibility in being a so called minister.

All they do is threaten the population, tow the party line and make millions out of it. They are mere civil servants and none of the current "ministers" are inspiring or even thinks of others besides their own elite group.

The worse is Pinky. For him to surround himself with so many extra ministers in his office and openly declare in last elections that if there are too many oppositions voted in, he will have to spend time fixing them goes to show he is really not worth the millions he is paid.

He lacks the vision and courage to do what's right for the people of Singapore. He is only protecting his entourage of cronies and living off the good times that the earlier governments have provided for.

This current lot of "ministers" have done NOTHING to convince me they have done anything of note for the man in the street Singaporeans and hiding behind the achievements of the founding fathers of Singapore like Goh Keng Swee, Rajaratnam and the 1G PAP is simply leeching the earlier successes.