• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CSJ and wife opening cafe at rochester mall.....

jw5

Loyal
CSJ shakes hands with a resident. :wink:

1666620259653.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ has 2 announcements. :cool:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

2 h ·
Two announcements, my friends:
One, activist Seelan Palay and former ISA detainee Chng Suan Tze will be at Orange & Teal Rochester Mall this Sunday, 13 Nov 3-5 pm to talk about their experiences in their struggles for political freedom in Singapore.
Their travails are recounted in Ridiculous: Untold Tales of Singapore (available for purchase at O&T) together with other activists who also relate their stories in the book of being sued, jailed and harassed by the government.
To make a reservation, call
1f4de.png
6993-1006 or click https://orangeandteal.sg/reserve/.
Two, Orange & Teal has just launched our online service for pick-up and delivery. To place your orders, please click https://order.orangeandteal.sg/ and choose from our Rochester or Marina Square menus.
Thanks, again, everyone for your continued support.
1f34a.png
&

1667826156346.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ recommends you to takeaway his Christmas Turkey. :biggrin:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

2 h ·
Hi everyone,
This year, Orange & Teal is preparing a delivery service of our traditional Christmas Turkey (plus other items like lamb roast, pork knuckles or baby-back ribs).
1f385.png
1f384.png
1f98c.png
1f381.png
⛄

If you're celebrating the occasion with family and friends, or throwing a year-end office party, why not order a set from us and have it delivered or pick it up yourself?
To view the menu and place an order, click https://orangeandteal.sg/menu/
or call
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png

1f4de.png
6993 1006 (Rochester Mall)
1f4de.png
6803 6516 (Marina Square)

1668775949564.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ thanks his party mates. :smile:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

2 h ·
It's that time of the year again. SDP and Orange & Teal treated cleaning staff and our constituency residents (mostly from rental flats) to a Christmas lunch yesterday.
Our guests were served a X'mas platter, mashed potato, pizza and seafood pasta followed by coffee and cake.
From the looks of it, everybody had fun and left with warm and full bellies. Also, ta pao for those cleaners who were on duty and couldn't dine with us.
Thanks to my party mates for helping to organise the event as well as many of you who took part in our pay-it-forward programme.
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png

1669207977219.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ wants your tip to come from the heart. :inlove:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

2 h ·
First, apologies for the poor quality of the photo. It was taken at the end of a long day when my staff and I took the trash to the refuse centre deep in the bowels of the building. As you can imagine, we weren’t exactly in the mood for a glamour shot.
Jokes aside, this is the reality of what my staff (and those of other countless F&B joints) go through each and every day. After an unforgiving day standing behind a hot stove or in front of a 200° oven, they have to scrub the floor, wash the pots and pans, wipe down the equipment, clear the trash, and, of course, prepare for the following day.
It’s a back-breaking job. I know it because I do it with them. I do it because I want to know what it’s like to walk a mile in their shoes.
And it is no wonder that few Singaporeans want the job.
But just imagine if no one did it. Where would we go to have that nice lunch or evening out with friends and family?
And it’s the time when we’re most relaxed and in the mood for fun – weekends and year-ends – that service workers have to work the hardest and forego their leisure time. Behind that merry-making are people who slog to serve and clean up after us.
So, the next time you visit Orange & Teal – and I hope you do especially this time of the year when the two outlets are all decked in our Christmas best – say hello to the servers. I know I walk with an extra spring in my step whenever I see you smile and hear you pay a kind compliment. I’m sure they do, too.
Whether it’s Chef Anabel or Operations Manager Irene (whom many of you have met and who was also my election agent during the last GE), my staff come in every single day and give nothing but their all.
Of course, we don’t always hit the mark. We’ve messed up many times with your orders or not have your dish exactly the way you want it.
For that I apologise, the fault is mine and mine alone. Despite our best efforts, we come up short. All I can promise you is that we give our 100% and will continue to do that.
But if you’ve enjoyed your time at O&T, and I know many of you have, please consider leaving a tip for my staff - those who serve you in front and the others in the kitchen you don’t see.
I don’t levy the 10% service charge. I prefer it to come from your heart. Believe me, they work their hearts out and earn every cent of their wages.
Which brings me to a more philosophic question: What’s a person worth? Why do some people make $100,000 (or more) a month just because they have the megaphone to tell you that they are a bargain for that price while others have to quietly sacrifice and slog to take home $3,000? How do we determine the value of each human being, anyway?
This is the political me speaking again. But I’ll leave the topic for another occasion.
For now, I just want to wish you and your loved ones a happy Holiday Season. It’s that time of the year when we cherish that most important thing in our lives – family and friends.
So, come to Orange & Teal to spend some of that time with them, won’t you? I hope to see you there.
We’re also delivering Christmas Turkeys this year and hosting a Christmas Dinner Special on X’mas Eve, X’mas Day and NY’s Eve.
To view our menu and place an order or reserve a table, go here: https://orangeandteal.sg/menu/
or call
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png
:
69931006 (Rochester Mall outlet)
6803 6516 (Marina Square outlet)
May be an image of 1 person

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ wants your tip to come from the heart. :inlove:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

2 h ·
First, apologies for the poor quality of the photo. It was taken at the end of a long day when my staff and I took the trash to the refuse centre deep in the bowels of the building. As you can imagine, we weren’t exactly in the mood for a glamour shot.
Jokes aside, this is the reality of what my staff (and those of other countless F&B joints) go through each and every day. After an unforgiving day standing behind a hot stove or in front of a 200° oven, they have to scrub the floor, wash the pots and pans, wipe down the equipment, clear the trash, and, of course, prepare for the following day.
It’s a back-breaking job. I know it because I do it with them. I do it because I want to know what it’s like to walk a mile in their shoes.
And it is no wonder that few Singaporeans want the job.
But just imagine if no one did it. Where would we go to have that nice lunch or evening out with friends and family?
And it’s the time when we’re most relaxed and in the mood for fun – weekends and year-ends – that service workers have to work the hardest and forego their leisure time. Behind that merry-making are people who slog to serve and clean up after us.
So, the next time you visit Orange & Teal – and I hope you do especially this time of the year when the two outlets are all decked in our Christmas best – say hello to the servers. I know I walk with an extra spring in my step whenever I see you smile and hear you pay a kind compliment. I’m sure they do, too.
Whether it’s Chef Anabel or Operations Manager Irene (whom many of you have met and who was also my election agent during the last GE), my staff come in every single day and give nothing but their all.
Of course, we don’t always hit the mark. We’ve messed up many times with your orders or not have your dish exactly the way you want it.
For that I apologise, the fault is mine and mine alone. Despite our best efforts, we come up short. All I can promise you is that we give our 100% and will continue to do that.
But if you’ve enjoyed your time at O&T, and I know many of you have, please consider leaving a tip for my staff - those who serve you in front and the others in the kitchen you don’t see.
I don’t levy the 10% service charge. I prefer it to come from your heart. Believe me, they work their hearts out and earn every cent of their wages.
Which brings me to a more philosophic question: What’s a person worth? Why do some people make $100,000 (or more) a month just because they have the megaphone to tell you that they are a bargain for that price while others have to quietly sacrifice and slog to take home $3,000? How do we determine the value of each human being, anyway?
This is the political me speaking again. But I’ll leave the topic for another occasion.
For now, I just want to wish you and your loved ones a happy Holiday Season. It’s that time of the year when we cherish that most important thing in our lives – family and friends.
So, come to Orange & Teal to spend some of that time with them, won’t you? I hope to see you there.
We’re also delivering Christmas Turkeys this year and hosting a Christmas Dinner Special on X’mas Eve, X’mas Day and NY’s Eve.
To view our menu and place an order or reserve a table, go here: https://orangeandteal.sg/menu/
or call
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png
:
69931006 (Rochester Mall outlet)
6803 6516 (Marina Square outlet)
May be an image of 1 person

Who he said income $100k monthly vs $3k. He can't compare that with sheep

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ recommends you to takeaway his Christmas Turkey. :biggrin:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

2 h ·
Hi everyone,
This year, Orange & Teal is preparing a delivery service of our traditional Christmas Turkey (plus other items like lamb roast, pork knuckles or baby-back ribs).
1f385.png
1f384.png
1f98c.png
1f381.png
⛄

If you're celebrating the occasion with family and friends, or throwing a year-end office party, why not order a set from us and have it delivered or pick it up yourself?
To view the menu and place an order, click https://orangeandteal.sg/menu/
or call
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png

1f4de.png
6993 1006 (Rochester Mall)
1f4de.png
6803 6516 (Marina Square)

View attachment 168621
He sells pork
..he's got my biz

jw5

Loyal
CSJ invites you for Christmas. :wink:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

2 h ·
Spend this Christmas (X'mas Eve, X'mas Day or NY's Eve) over an elegant and cozy dinner with your loved ones and friends at Orange & Teal (Rochester Mall). It's going to be magical.
MENU
Soup
Lobster Bisque with Artisanal Bread
Starter
Seafood Bruschetta with Mignonette Sauce
Mains
Choice of Prime Rib Roast or Lobster Mornay
Dessert
Yule Log Cake
Our wines are available for order.
$198 (Members’ price for 2 persons)
$218 (Non-members’ price for 2 persons)
Prices are exclusive of GST.
To book a table, please click here: https://orangeandteal.sg/menu/#delight
or call 6993-1006.
May be an image of text that says THE MAGIC CHRISTMAS ADINNER SPECIAL Orange & Teal Rochester Mall X'mas Eve, X'mas Day & NY's Eve 7-10 pm

jw5

Loyal
CSJ hosted the Young Democrats to tea. :cool:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

8 h ·
Leaders of the Young Democrats, SDP's youth wing, came over to Orange & Teal for tea yesterday. It was 10 Dec which is Human Rights Day.
We talked about a range of things from the World Cup (of course) to next year's Presidential Elections to my getting onto Tik Tok (akan datang, my friends).
So glad that we have a bunch of committed young people so passionate about the future of this country and going all out to continue our quest for a democratic Singapore. You'll be seeing and hearing a lot more from them in the coming years as they play a increasingly instrumental role in the SDP. So proud of them.

1670759944727.png

jw5

Loyal
Orange & Teal will host a couple of activist-authors. :cool:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

2 h ·
Orange & Teal will host a couple of activist-authors who contributed to the book Ridiculous published by Function 8, an NGO that promotes dialogue and discussion on national issues.
Seelan Palay is an artist and activist who champions various causes included the right to free speech and assembly in Singapore.
Peter Low is a lawyer and former president of the Law Society who has taken on several cases related to human rights issues.
So, come by the cafe at Rochester Mall this Sunday,18 Dec (3-5pm), and hear the seldom heard voices of people who care about the rights and freedoms of their fellow citizens.
To make a reservation at
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png
Rochester Mall outlet, call
1f4de.png
6993-1006, or click https://orangeandteal.sg/reserve/

1670935075737.png

1670935091947.png

1670935115604.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ will be at BB MRT station on 22 December. :wink:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

10 h ·
Dear Bukit Batok residents,
I'll be at the BB MRT station on Thursday, 22 Dec, at 6pm with TeamBB to celebrate Christmas with you again. There'll be lots of treats and even more merry-making for everyone. So, make your way down to the venue and let's have fun.

1671544281447.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ wishes everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :smile:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

9 h ·
Had a blast when we were at the BB MRT station on Thursday for a bit of Christmas merry-making. Young and the young-at-heart came from all over the town to wish us well while we were furiously distributing little holiday treats and goodies.
Always good to be mingling with the residents there and looking forward to the next GE campaign. In the meantime, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone! Enjoy your loved ones and have a great time.

1671883473105.png