• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious CPIB Will Not Tolerate Any Corruption, Even If The Bribe Is $1 Only! Oppies Be Warned!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
colin-sc-11.jpg

SINGAPORE - A man who worked as senior equipment operator of a container firm was taken to court on Tuesday (Dec 11) after he allegedly tried to obtain a $1 bribe from a truck driver.

The Straits Times understands that this is one of the lowest amounts involved in a corruption case.

Chinese national Chen Ziliang, 47, who worked at Cogent Container Depot, was charged with two counts of corruption.

He is accused of attempting to obtain the bribe from Mr Jiang Xingnian on Oct 20 last year in exchange for not delaying the collection of a container on his vehicle.

According to court documents, Chen is also said to have obtained bribes from other truck drivers collecting or returning containers placed at the firm between May 2016 and March this year.

His colleague, forklift truck operator Zhao Yucun, 43, who is also a Chinese national, was charged with one count of corruption on Tuesday.

Zhao allegedly obtained bribes from truck drivers between September 2014 and this March.

Court documents did not state the total amount involved.

In a statement, Singapore's Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) said: "Employees are expected to carry out their duties fairly instead of obtaining bribes in exchange for favours.

"Even if the bribe amount is as low as $1, they can be taken to task. Bribes of any amount or any kind will not be tolerated."

The CPIB also said Singapore adopts a "zero-tolerance approach" towards corruption and stressed that it is a serious offence to bribe or attempt to bribe another party.

The two Chinese nationals were each offered bail of $5,000 and they will be back in court on Jan 9 next year.

Offenders convicted of corruption can be jailed for up to five years and fined up to $100,000 for each charge.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-trying-to-obtain-a-1-bribe-from-truck-driver

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP corrupted in billions and trillion magnitude must get massive summery execution. CPIB can not fix this. We have to do it!

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see how $1 can be considered as a bribe. there are some sinkies who dropped a dollar on the floor and are lazy enough not to pick them up

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN no wonder last time when my uncle offered a menthol sweet to a office mata while doing some work there the sergeant refused lah KNN

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KNN no wonder last time when my uncle offered a menthol sweet to a office mata while doing some work there the sergeant refused lah KNN

The sergeant should have reported your uncle for corruption. Now, the sergeant himself is guilty of covering up a corrupt practice. Please give me the sergeant's name and serial number so that I can lodge a report against him.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sergeant should have reported your uncle for corruption. Now, the sergeant himself is guilty of covering up a corrupt practice. Please give me the sergeant's name and serial number so that I can lodge a report against him.
KNN fucking hell then the whole world including the pte sector most likely has done corruption in their working life if a sweet is also corruption KNN

war is best form of peace

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see how $1 can be considered as a bribe. there are some sinkies who dropped a dollar on the floor and are lazy enough not to pick them up

CORRUPTION essentially is the abuse of power entrusted by PUBLIC to DEPRIVE FAIRNESS, and the amount gain nor it's value is not the main significant.

Take for Sexual Corruption, you can say that there are sluts FOC fucking around anyway! It is OK if NO PUBLIC INTEREST nor FAIRNESS held in Control of Public Servant GOT COMPROMISED.

nangkhammei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cpib bunch of Motherfuckers real corruption work never do but go around catching ikan bills peasants for $1. Karma will catch up with them one day.