• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPF updates........

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro im pretty sure the noise that me and many others are making are stupid to you because ur golf ball size brain is too small to comprehend anything said.

i am talking about retirement and you talk about children and school and books.. when an adult have children, that is not retirement.. pls.. go and get some education first before you post anything.. You are a fucking disgrace to human beings and we can confirm that educational resources if you use any is a fucking waste on you.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Born in a country without the chance to buy land.. Pathetic..

Yes, that's how pathetic lazy & daft sinkies are. Nothing belongs to them in sinkieland. They don't own their pigeonholes and condomholes. All are on lease. They don't even own their kapkias. All are confiscated after 10 years. Heck, they don't even own the money inside their CPF accounts even though it's their own blood and sweat money.

Pathetic indeed are lazy & daft sinkies.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A couple of points :

1. Cpf should be viewed as individual sum. Or rather as a per household sum.

2. Your friend forgot about the increasing min sum

3. The actual amount he can withdraw per person is not that much.

Hi choot, yes, understand on the individual sum. Assuming that each reach 500k at age 55
FRS ERS
2017 $83,000 $166,000 $249,000
2018 $85,500 $171,000 $256,500
2019 $88,000 $176,000 $264,000
2020 $90,500 $181,000 $271,500

At year 2020. If they opt to go for the enhanced scheme, they will have 500-271-50= 180k each or 360k total, it's not really a lot. Would it make sense to go the frs instead. That will leave them with 500-181-50 or about 270k each or 540k in total......

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am talking about retirement and you talk about children and school and books.. when an adult have children, that is not retirement.. pls.. go and get some education first before you post anything.. You are a fucking disgrace to human beings and we can confirm that educational resources if you use any is a fucking waste on you.

what does it have to do with retirement or children?u telling me u dont need anything when ur old?all u need is mangoes and bananas and durians?is there a period of time in our lives when we dont need money?when people are old,past their fifties,they fall sick and ill the most easily,thats why their healthcare bills are huge,thats why they need insurance,thats why polyclinics are full of old people,thats why our government spend billions on healthcare.......wtf are u going to do when u fall ill in ur retirement age?are u going to grow gingseng and mauwie wowie in ur garden?self sustinence is all you need?u dont need buy new clothes and shoes every few years?u retire for twenty years nothing in ur house breaks or needs replacement?do you shit in a bucket and bury it in the garden like in the kampong days?

this fucking fool,lee kuan yew took us out of the kampongs,gave us taps and running water and newater,this fucking idiot wants to go back to the kampong days.

i feel like im talking to a spastic kid,maybe its time for someone else to take over the valiant fight,agroraphobia or commander or something.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes other country like Australia superannuation (CPF equivalent) allows people to choose the fund that they wish to invest in. There are many to choose from and the returns of two funds at each end of performance spectrum is 3.9% and 8% based on ten years history according to this website.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...EWQpCeC0xeM_ooJHA&sig2=RhbbQW6pd8xlrfHDipE1-g

And the difference in interest rate has very significant impact on amount over long term: more than double as shown in the website. Assuming 75k salary and minimum 9.5% superannuation contribution over 30 years, the 3.9% fund will become 450k while the 8% fund will be more than double at 1 million. So we are shortchanged alot by having low cpf interest rate at 2.5%.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When all your fiat currencies become as worthless as Nipponese banana money, you will realize the genius in tonychat.

http://dailyreckoning.com/fiat-currency/

You are at the mercy of Mdm Ho.

thats another issue altogether,i can always diversify my assets.....if anything i just become a doomsday prepper.build a nuclear fallout shelter and stock it with years and years of water,drinks,canned food,freeze dried food and maybe even a hydroponics laboratory and tons of guns and ammo to rob and kill with.....at least i will have more than bananas and mangoes to eat.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The newspapers have regular news on sinkies losing their life savings to investment plans like land banking, ostrich farms, public housing in brazil, gold shares, time share. Putting your money regularly in CPF, especially in the special account, has provided CPF investors with steady returns.

There will always be people who will fall for get rich schemes. Just look at the Sporeans queueing to buy 4D, Toto , ...
It is worst in Spore because people know that there is no safety net & that they are on their own.

The price of a cheap lottery ticket gives them the dream of getting $$$ & out of poverty.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting rich putting money into the CPF? The only discussion I am aware off are ways to get $ out of the CPF:wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the difference in interest rate has very significant impact on amount over long term: more than double as shown in the website. Assuming 75k salary and minimum 9.5% superannuation contribution over 30 years, the 3.9% fund will become 450k while the 8% fund will be more than double at 1 million. So we are shortchanged alot by having low cpf interest rate at 2.5%.

Now that fixed deposit rate is around 2%, CPF rate of 2.5% should be increased to 3.5%! Why no MPs petition for increase?

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
The newspapers have regular news on sinkies losing their life savings to investment plans like land banking, ostrich farms, public housing in brazil, gold shares, time share. Putting your money regularly in CPF, especially in the special account, has provided CPF investors with steady returns.

wat a daft pap dog of the 69%. the measly cpf returns cant even beat inflation.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi choot, yes, understand on the individual sum. Assuming that each reach 500k at age 55
FRS ERS
2017 $83,000 $166,000 $249,000
2018 $85,500 $171,000 $256,500
2019 $88,000 $176,000 $264,000
2020 $90,500 $181,000 $271,500

At year 2020. If they opt to go for the enhanced scheme, they will have 500-271-50= 180k each or 360k total, it's not really a lot. Would it make sense to go the frs instead. That will leave them with 500-181-50 or about 270k each or 540k in total......

For me I rather go the frs. The draw down age is not a fixed number. Soon it will be 67. Then is upto them to say after 67. Better grab as much $ as possible when reach 55.
BTW for individuals who has excess dollar inside oa and not buying house or using it should consider to transfer to sa to take advantage of the interest also.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me I rather go the frs. The draw down age is not a fixed number. Soon it will be 67. Then is upto them to say after 67. Better grab as much $ as possible when reach 55.
BTW for individuals who has excess dollar inside oa and not buying house or using it should consider to transfer to sa to take advantage of the interest also.

yes, cash out quick and buy more $1500 bags for slim waists.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wat a daft pap dog of the 69%. the measly cpf returns cant even beat inflation.

How can anyone retire on CPF?? this is ridiculous...

Your money can be used up ( pls get that in your fucking head).. Unless you have passive income..or else you are fucked..

this being said, the CPF is useless for retirement.. only the PAP keep on harping on CPF = retirement ( a bullshit) to brainwash you,

Real retirement is for those who has his own piece of land for self-sufficiency purpose.. That is what smart people do in other countries.. and sinkies are born without much chance of buying any land..so the next best step is to built his own passive income.

How the fuck can people retired on something that is and has a limited shelf life.. which means the money can be used up even if it is a $million amount. ( i wonder if sinkies can get that logic in their head.)

of course, many will say ..oh.. my children will give me money when i am old.. then what is the fucking use of your CPF??? To trouble your children to feed you is kind of low , but that is another story for another day.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isnt CPF a form of passive income?like lifeafter41 said,his friend has nearly 500k in his cpf,cpf gives about 2.5 to 3.5 percent interest a year,thats 12.5k to 17.5k SGD interest per year(1.5k per month).....if his friend only spend the interest generated every year without touch capital,technically CPF can last forever.

u have to manage ur expectations,what kind of standard of living do you think u can get from a small piece of land?i dont think thai farmers are very rich,the average wage in thai cities is about 500 usd a month,a thai farmer probably makes way less,about $100 to $200 USD a month?if u want to just survive and have 3 meals a day,u can easily have 3 meals at economical rice stall for $10 a day.i believe CPF is more than sufficient for basic survival.....of course sinkies have higher expectations than that so its better to save and build other forms of passive income besides cpf.

but i agree CPF is worthless,the government keeps pushing the useless CPF onto us,the interest rates are too low,low interest rates for extended periods of time,20 or 30 years destroys any chance of building real wealth......we should follow other countries like canada or australia where their "CPF" retirement funds are invested aggressively in stock and bond markets with much higher returns.....i believe canada managed to achieve outstanding results for their CPP fund,nearly 8 percent annualized returns.....the fund started in 1999 and is now valued over 246 billion dollars.PAP is cheating our citizen's wealth.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
isnt CPF a form of passive income?like lifeafter41 said,his friend has nearly 500k in his cpf,cpf gives about 2.5 to 3.5 percent interest a year,thats 12.5k to 17.5k SGD interest per year(1.5k per month).....if his friend only spend the interest generated every year without touch capital,technically CPF can last forever.

u have to manage ur expectations,what kind of standard of living do you think u can get from a small piece of land?i dont think thai farmers are very rich,the average wage in thai cities is about 500 usd a month,a thai farmer probably makes way less,about $100 to $200 USD a month?if u want to just survive and have 3 meals a day,u can easily have 3 meals at economical rice stall for $10 a day.i believe CPF is more than sufficient for basic survival.....of course sinkies have higher expectations than that so its better to save and build other forms of passive income besides cpf.

Hello..is thailand the only country that has land???

i want to know where you get your education from????

isn't australia, malaysia has much more land than sinkieland too? and when did i talk about being a farmer? To grow your own food is considered a farmer?? farmer grow food mainly to sell and not for self-sufficiency retirement.. stupid fuck..

why the stupid ones makes the most noise... i guess empty vessel makes the most noise statement is darn true.

Then show me the statistic on how many sinkies has 500k ( oh, they didn't buy their HDB flat) in their cpf account and how does having 12.5k to 17.5 k per YEAR (not month) give you a proper life compare to a guy who has a land and work on his land to provide food without spend a cent on anything while the land give him food forever.

The word IF is always used to make an debate seems real.. pls debate with facts if you are up to it.

Last edited: