• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of those major obstacles is to get the owners to pay up the monthly maintenance fees especially if the units is not tenanted. Seasonal crowds would be good if it is Surfers Paradise..full of Japanese babes...but in Danga bay???

You are right. It makes me think of Pulau Sibu...

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of those major obstacles is to get the owners to pay up the monthly maintenance fees especially if the units is not tenanted. Seasonal crowds would be good if it is Surfers Paradise..full of Japanese babes...but in Danga bay???

thot there is a new Act that enpowers the mgmt committee to fine the delinquent ones ? The state can even jail them ?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
thot there is a new Act that enpowers the mgmt committee to fine the delinquent ones ? The state can even jail them ?

Jail them? It is not a crime. It is just a breach of contract and you have to go to a civil court to get them. That also if they signed a contract which I don't think anyone will.

You think the mgmt committee would spend thousands of $$ of legal costs to recover maint. fees?
More so, resident committee is voluntary job, who really bothers?

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need a few thousands. anyway, can just name and shame them as what i heard Leisure farm is doing.

Jail them? It is not a crime. It is just a breach of contract and you have to go to a civil court to get them. That also if they signed a contract which I don't think anyone will.

You think the mgmt committee would spend thousands of $$ of legal costs to recover maint. fees?
More so, resident committee is voluntary job, who really bothers?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually there is a new Act that empowers the management office to recover the arrears of unpaid maintenance fee in excess of 6 months.
The management office can obtain a warrant from the state commissioner to enter the premises for seizure of movable properties for auction/sale.
For serious cases and large amount arrears, the unit can be even seized and put out for sale by auction, the same as if you default on the bank loan by X months.
So better don't play play.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there is a new Act that empowers the management office to recover the arrears of unpaid maintenance fee in excess of 6 months.
The management office can obtain a warrant from the state commissioner to enter the premises for seizure of movable properties for auction/sale.
For serious cases and large amount arrears, the unit can be even seized and put out for sale by auction, the same as if you default on the bank loan by X months.
So better don't play play.

Yes! That's good news! I hate people who dont want to pay maintenance fee. WTF! got money to buy house, don't want to pay for upkeep.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend was telling me that the guards at the entrance were turning away Malaysian cars but ushering in the Singaporean cars.

They must know that the Malaysian cars are only here to make use of the beach.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend was telling me that the guards at the entrance were turning away Malaysian cars but ushering in the Singaporean cars.

They must know that the Malaysian cars are only here to make use of the beach.

Didnt they know tat Sporean cars could be driven by Msians too...

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, wife impressed at first , would like to stayed at 40++ storey overlooking Spore.
But the end , give up afraid the estate maybe empty most of the time as too many china buyers and too many condo along the Danga Bay Area which may difficult to sale in future.