• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is good enough to impressed you; it will fool a lot of other people too.

"Marketing gimmick at it's best."

When I was there; I saw a lot of Malays using the pools and beach for free. They are not there to buy anything.

i went CG recently and was very impressed by what they put there so far. very nice.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think not too bad lah. Chinese developers in Singapore gave quite good furnishing.

Yup .. I went to country garden with pretty expectations. But surprisingly they surpassed my expectations. The word to describe the showroom is opulent.
Those Chinese fellows really know how to impress. They are pulling all the stops.
I guess China learns fast.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup .. I went to country garden with pretty expectations. But surprisingly they surpassed my expectations. The word to describe the showroom is opulent.
Those Chinese fellows really know how to impress. They are pulling all the stops.
I guess China learns fast.

So have to say its their slick marketing at its best to entice 8,000 buyers.
However, what you see is what you get is a totally different story later.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt their figure.... they will be good if they sold 5000. I suspect they manipulate the number.

So have to say its their slick marketing at its best to entice 8,000 buyers.
However, what you see is what you get is a totally different story later.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Am not surprised if they manage to sell the amount that they said

The entry barrier is pretty low so long as the banks can approve the loans. Only a few percent of the unit price and you can book a unit

It's really meant for speculation

Mu8811

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got booked one sea view unit at there but until now I still haven sign the SPA !!! Bc so many people said can not buy !

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got booked one sea view unit at there but until now I still haven sign the SPA !!! Bc so many people said can not buy !

My friend booked a unit with 1st grade sea view but have withdraw it and choosen a unit above the shopping mall.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

A lot of people also said Alexis @ Alexandra cannot buy. But those buyers are now laughing their way to the bank. It depends on your risk appetite.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
COUNTRY Garden, one of the top 10 property developers in China, is set to launch another mega project in Semenyih, Selangor, soon.

This follows the RM5 billion sales of its five-star Danga Bay project in Johor after its launch.

To be known as Country Garden Diamond City, the low-density project offers comfortable and spacious homes.

"It encompasses a 50,000 sq ft of clubhouse and commercial area, amenities like a huge infinity pool, indoor badminton court, entertainment room, bowling alley, mini theatre and gym, among others," Country Garden Properties (M) Sdn Bhd general manager Dong Li said.

"Country Garden's retail promenade will accommodate an array of shopping, dining and entertainment choices that provide homeowners a one-stop exclusive lifestyle," he said at a briefing here recently.

Li said Country Garden Diamond City, which sits on 104.09ha of freehold land, will also include education amenities such as a school, library and book bar.

Country Garden is introducing Spanish architecture to its link houses, bungalows and mansions, fitting them with high quality hand-crafted decorations and murals.

The company is collaborating with local developer Mayland Group, which has the same vision of creating a villa city in Greater Kuala Lumpur.

Established in 1992 in Shunde, Guangzhou, Country Garden was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2007.

It has created more than 100 projects for more than 600,000 homeowners in the Asia Pacific.

The company had on August 11 launched a waterfront integrated development project, the Country Garden Danga Bay.

It was reported that 6,000 units, or 66 per cent, of the luxury units were snapped up within a month.

Country Garden Properties managing director Chai Keng Wai said there is vast potential for the development of Malaysia's real estate.

Read more: Country Garden plans mega project in Semenyih http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/cgvilla/Article/index_html#ixzz2iOWOSoC8

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The developer is big enough to hold the empty units until situation improves.

Even if the developer is strong, who would want to stay in a 9000 unit project with so many empty units?
Even its malls would be quiet. Return of the ghost cities?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if the developer is strong, who would want to stay in a 9000 unit project with so many empty units?

A lot of new condos might end up with less than 30% occupancy, not only this project. The new measures are actually good in preventing property bubble that hurts everyone. I expect developers to slow down the launches and give the market sufficient time to absorb the units. There are many failed projects in Johor, so not surprising if some of them end up this way.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of new condos might end up with less than 30% occupancy, not only this project. The new measures are actually good in preventing property bubble that hurts everyone. I expect developers to slow down the launches and give the market sufficient time to absorb the units. There are many failed projects in Johor, so not surprising if some of them end up this way.

Fully agreed. The real problem is many investors buy a few units due to DIBS. So it means that 9000 units may have only 5000 owners. Out of 5000 owners, only 2500 would use it for own stay. That means occupancy is about 30%. Once the units are VPed, the rush for tenants would be there to help to cover the monthly payments. The rentals would be depressed. Investing in properties is really interesting.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is good for the density though as long as all owners pay up maintenance charges. That place may feel like a resort with seasonal crowds and babes perhaps.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is good for the density though as long as all owners pay up maintenance charges. That place may feel like a resort with seasonal crowds and babes perhaps.

One of those major obstacles is to get the owners to pay up the monthly maintenance fees especially if the units is not tenanted. Seasonal crowds would be good if it is Surfers Paradise..full of Japanese babes...but in Danga bay???