• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, They r still renting out Caribbeans.. :smile:

I only buy during launch and sell when TOP.

But with 9000 units around; I bet developer themselves will have left over units to sell 10 years after TOP.

Just look at Singapore Reflection, now the developer is renting left over units.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was reading an article in The Business Times Weekend entitled "Like beauty, the value of an asset lies in the eye of the beholder". Well, it's quite common sense but it described the debate on this thread very suitably.

What CG investor sees value in RM700-800 psf is daylight robbery to contrarians. Like what the article stated, "they are all right and none of them is right".

Interesting read. :smile:

Last edited:

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,

I have a Blk 8A sea facing unit selling only for 1m for takeover. 3 bedder . size 1188 sf. Price is much lower (at least 10 % ) than current prices as I got it during the 1st launch a few months ago. pls PM me for details.

Last edited:

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are probably agents booked units before early bird. If agents cannot sell to another bigger carrot, they have to absorb the unit themselves.

Fxxx those greedy agents, let them be the carrot.

heard rumor agents getting 30k at least from flipping the seaview units they by way early...... screwing up genuine interested buyers that want buy.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fxxx those greedy agents, let them be the carrot.

heard rumor agents getting 30k at least from flipping the seaview units they by way early...... screwing up genuine interested buyers that want buy.

How is that possible?
I thought in MY, you are not allowed to sell during the construction period?
And also the Real Property Gain Tax (RGBT) which is high at 10% sold within first 2 years and 5% sold on the 3rd to 5th year.

thinkandgrowth

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is b4 15Jul,they can change name by alter the OTP same like SG in the past.some investment company buy in bulk n asking for 10% off the early listing price for premium sea view eg listing price RM1.5m they asking RM1.65m.some individual agent asking for premium like $5k-$50k.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have anyone actually try to visualise how 9000 condo unit in a project will look like?

The Sail @ Marina Bay is 1,111 units.
You put 8 times The Sail @ Marina Bay you will get 8,888 units.

That is how huge the projects is.

And now imagine you trying to get a tenant.....:p

And had anyone also ever imagine how are they going to build 9,000 units in one go?
What kind of resources the need do perform this task?
They should be needing a work force of nearly 2,000, from architects and engineers to their site coordinators and of cos workers and technicians like bricklayers, plumbers, carpenters, electricians, crane operators etc.
Just floor and wall tiling to the 9,000 units alone, even if they can speed tile 20 units per working day, they need almost 2 years just to do the tiling works!

During the sales carnival, some people asked about the proposed work schedule like when is piling works commencing, no one can give an answer.
Anyone knows when they will start piling? Unlikely this year end cos reclaimation works still in progress, so next year or 2015??
Very very sceptical that project can completed by the 2018 as promised!!

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is b4 15Jul,they can change name by alter the OTP same like SG in the past.some investment company buy in bulk n asking for 10% off the early listing price for premium sea view eg listing price RM1.5m they asking RM1.65m.some individual agent asking for premium like $5k-$50k.

I thought you are not allowed to do that all along? Last year, someone wanted to flip a unit at Imperia after getting an offer but it was not allowed by the developer, UEM. What kind of developer is Country Garden? " With a stroke of a pen, they can take it back..." LKY. Better don't play with Msian authorities.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought you are not allowed to do that all along? Last year, someone wanted to flip a unit at Imperia after getting an offer but it was not allowed by the developer, UEM. What kind of developer is Country Garden? " With a stroke of a pen, they can take it back..." LKY. Better don't play with Msian authorities.

Which could also means that perhaps the buyers were NOT officially registered with the authorities by the developer yet and these flippers are actually just selling their queue numbers!!
Now, that's dangerous!!!!!!!

doufei

Full seaview command a premium as compared to others. Those facing behind with no seaview at all are cheapest.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which could also means that perhaps the buyers were NOT officially registered with the authorities by the developer yet and these flippers are actually just selling their queue numbers!!
Now, that's dangerous!!!!!!!

Developers of big projects usually will clamp down on subsales bcoz owners r competing w developers to sell units n also make it hard for developers to jack up their prices.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
To answer to the problem of skilled labour shortage, one scenerio I imagine may happen.
The developer being a China company from Guangdong and being such a mammoth project at RM10 billion, the developer may even
get a special concession to bring in hundreds workers from China to work on this project.
Or perhaps this was already part of the deal.
If this happens, I can imagine on every weekend, hundreds of Chinamen flooding into the City Square, not to shop but hang around to enjoy the aircon -
( think a similar Indian version in Little India, the Burmese version in Peninsula Plaza, the Pinoy version in Lucky Plaza, etc)

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
To answer to the problem of skilled labour shortage, one scenerio I imagine may happen.
The developer being a China company from Guangdong and being such a mammoth project at RM10 billion, the developer may even
get a special concession to bring in hundreds workers from China to work on this project.
If this happens, I can imagine on every weekend, hundreds of Chinamen flooding into the City Square, not to shop but hang around to enjoy the aircon -
( think a similar Indian version in Little India, the Burmese version in Peninsula Plaza, the Pinoy version in Lucky Plaza, etc)

I think this is very possible. The MY government has already demonstrated its excellent logistics coordination by flying plane/bus loads of FT into the country in a tight time frame to vote for them so this developer can learn from the host country

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Racism at work eh? Note we are also foreigners (maybe not you) in Johor and locals may view us as pests also.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Racism at work eh? Note we are also foreigners (maybe not you) in Johor and locals may view us as pests also.

Depends which category of locals la. Most of the general locals like myself are fine with Sporeans because we share similar culture, language etc. Local robbers, gvt officials see Sporeans as walking ATM lol

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Local robbers, gvt officials see Sporeans as walking ATM lol

That is very true so Singaporeans don't anyhow say cheap and shows your money to make yourself become real targets while in JB. This one is confirm especially with contractors and robbers as well.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is very possible. The MY government has already demonstrated its excellent logistics coordination by flying plane/bus loads of FT into the country in a tight time frame to vote for them so this developer can learn from the host country

Maybe can also study how to fly in cement, sand, steel bars, etc which is already in short supply in this period of construction boom.