• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the super prime next to ciq location Pacific also became left for dead.

To me, the greatest investment risk in Malaysia, notwithstanding others, is the political risk, I.e., the risk of BN/UMNO leaders continuing the current regressive trajectory, without reform or replacement by PR. The high crime rates, heightened racial tension, high corruption and dysfunctional judiciary, incompetence governence, will flush Malaysia's future down the toilet in years to come.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one has the mindset that the shopping mall will be sg standard, 9 floors of retail space, will be massively disappointed. Case in point, KSL city feels like a low class shopping center. And that is open to the public. What about CG?
What are the tenants going to sell? Maybe one supermarket. Who are they going to sell to? 9000 units of residents with less than half occupied or weekend/annual homes for most? Will there be tenants selling to half empty residences?

why dun u quote Jusco at Bt Indah as example ? isn't it a fine mall ?

pls go check yr facts. The mall is open to the public.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
This project is touted as "Waterfront" but its not seaside as in Batu Feringgi or Sentosa.
It is sited on the edge of the Straits of Johor which unfortunately is a stretch of highly polluted water that is not free flowing with all the longkang in JB still emptying into it everyday.
Actually, years ago, when Dr M was still the PM, he had already lamented about the polluted and stagnant Straits and had wanted to replace the Causeway with a bridge to allow free flowing.
But of cos its not a secret his real intention to replace the Causeway was to allow ship movement between Pasir Gudang and Tg Pelepas.

hasslehoff

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there is no need to talk-up or talk-down this project. It is what it is; and it's open, transparent, and available for all to see, and evaluate for oneself. You even get to see a 'what you see is what you get' unit at the showroom.

I dont think it is trying to be a development off Phuket or Bali. It is facing a Strait and not open sea, water Q not pristine, but can still jetski, windsurf, sail, paddle around - same like Sembawang beach, same like Sennibong Cove. Go down to the shore, and see for yourself. I saw fishes swimming around off the jetty. The main thing is, it is the best or one of the best stretches of seafront/Strait that is available in JB, and you dont have to fly to this destination, its only 5 mins away from CIQ, and it is not asking for an arm or leg. 630k for 814sft 2 bed unit..

doufei

Rm 630k? This should be the price for non sea facing lowest floor. I was quoted 1.06mil for direct sea facing 12th floor, 2 bedroom, after discount. Too ex. I went for the 37th floor, side seaview, 3 bedroom instead, same price.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think it is trying to be a development off Phuket or Bali. It is facing a Strait and not open sea, water Q not pristine, but can still jetski, windsurf, sail, paddle around - same like Sembawang beach, same like Sennibong Cove.

I didn't think about this until now. If the width of the straits is only 1km, won't it mean the My side of the water activities can only be carried out until 500m off the My coast?

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there is no need to talk-up or talk-down this project. It is what it is; and it's open, transparent, and available for all to see, and evaluate for oneself. You even get to see a 'what you see is what you get' unit at the showroom.

I stated in an earlier post that every buyer will have their justifications for their purchase. I think we should all respect that. As evident in the thread, there is no use forcing down our contrarian reasons. Poor gooddebt has been defending almost every post that has some negative things to say about this project.

I wonder the real reason behind the lamenting of this condo. I mean, we don't see such "fiery" debates in the threads of other developments, only for CG.

I asked myself this question when I decided not to invest in this project when I first visited the showroom a few months back. I think it has a lot to do with my personal discomfort (I don't want to write a more offensive term) to PRC Chinese. So maybe all those of us who have been blasting on CG should ask ourselves if there is something wrong about the project, or our personal views about the demographics of the buyers.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stated in an earlier post that every buyer will have their justifications for their purchase. I think we should all respect that. As evident in the thread, there is no use forcing down our contrarian reasons. Poor gooddebt has been defending almost every post that has some negative things to say about this project.

I wonder the real reason behind the lamenting of this condo. I mean, we don't see such "fiery" debates in the threads of other developments, only for CG.

I asked myself this question when I decided not to invest in this project when I first visited the showroom a few months back. I think it has a lot to do with my personal discomfort (I don't want to write a more offensive term) to PRC Chinese. So maybe all those of us who have been blasting on CG should ask ourselves if there is something wrong about the project, or our personal views about the demographics of the buyers.

Fair statement. Just wanna add that PRC does not constitute the majority in this project.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure if its a wise idea for the developer to include in a large shopping mall within.
A small cluster of shops for a couple of eateries, bakeries, hair salon, laundrette, 7elevens etc to serve the residence perhaps is fine.
For a mall to depend on its 9,000 units of tenants to support, then the businesses will sure fail big time as most tenants will be out working.
Open to general public, it will make the place too busy and spoil the ambience and worse, with hundreds of cars coming in and out and all over the place.
JB city already has far too many shopping malls and some are hardly surviving and perhaps long forgotten, like Danga Mall, Pelangi Mall, even the newly renovated Sentosa Mall etc.
And theres the huge abandon Pacific Mall near the CIQ (heard its going to be revived soon) and another around the corner that never took off and lying dead, the Waterfront Lot 1 Mall.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have anyone actually try to visualise how 9000 condo unit in a project will look like?

The Sail @ Marina Bay is 1,111 units.
You put 8 times The Sail @ Marina Bay you will get 8,888 units.

That is how huge the projects is.

And now imagine you trying to get a tenant.....:p

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I don't think many of the PRC will actually live there long term. JB isn't an exciting place. But once the place VP's/TOP's and the hot chicks actually move in, you can be sure, I would get a studio unit there.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
But you don't believe in rental play rite? its always been capital play for you, isn't it?

actually, its the same for me. I don't believe in rental play in JB. all the potential stress for the little bit of rental is not worth it. problem free is tenant is good. what if tenant is not good?

Have anyone actually try to visualise how 9000 condo unit in a project will look like?

The Sail @ Marina Bay is 1,111 units.
You put 8 times The Sail @ Marina Bay you will get 8,888 units.

That is how huge the projects is.

And now imagine you trying to get a tenant.....:p

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
But you don't believe in rental play rite? its always been capital play for you, isn't it?

actually, its the same for me. I don't believe in rental play in JB. all the potential stress for the little bit of rental is not worth it. problem free is tenant is good. what if tenant is not good?

Actually most investors is in for capital gain. But it would be a while before seeing good appreciation. So we small time investors need someone to help pay for the monthly mortgage till we exit the property.

In Sg, hdb flats give very good returns against private 99 years LH condos, so makes a very good cash cow just leaving it there perpetually.

But in Jb, hard to find hdb-equivalent type properties for rental.

tigerkl

I booked 2 higher floor 3 bed room units (40+ fl, about 1500 sf) at block 12B with 180 degree sea view (very close to yacht and club house also). Willing to let go with some take-over fee. I booked during VIP launch phase a few months back and enjoys a 15-20% lower price (only 850-900 psf) compares to current launching price. contact me at [email protected] if you are interested. Act fast as the SNP signing deadline is close now...

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
The prices of CG Danga Bay are already very high, and with so many units, I think this condo just doesn't stand out...too much competition for rental.

For personal stay, I don't fancy mingling around with 9000+ other residents. Even if you very generously 1/2 the units there, we are talking close to 5000 households. If each household consists averagely 4 people, 5000 x 4...!! It's one huge messy place. Definitely not my idea of a getaway.

But investments require some risks...

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I only buy during launch and sell when TOP.

But with 9000 units around; I bet developer themselves will have left over units to sell 10 years after TOP.

Just look at Singapore Reflection, now the developer is renting left over units.