• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Confident Maradona looks to Germany

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fresh from his side's 3-1 win over Mexico in the Round of 16, Argentina coach Diego Maradona said he will pick the right players to beat Germany in Saturday's FIFA World Cup™ quarter-final. A double from Argentina's Carlos Tevez, plus Gonzalo Higuain's fourth of the tournament, sealed the win while Mexico scored a consolation goal by Javier Hernandez.

Maradona is confident his side will now beat Germany, who crushed England 4-1. "We will take stock of our situation, then we will try and put together the best team to showcase our talents against Germany," he said.

"It will be the team to give us the guarantee to overcome Germany. We know Germany are a different team to the side we faced in Mexico. They are stronger, but we will field the right players to beat them."

Despite struggling to qualify for South Africa, Maradona's side have now picked up their fourth straight FIFA World Cup win and the former midfield maestro said he would dearly love to face the Germans himself.

"I feel like pulling on the jersey and playing myself, it is beautiful to be involved with this group of players, I feel proud to share these moments with them," he said. "They said I had no idea about how to coach, but suddenly I am winning matches and I am still the same guy."

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
hes has a very experienced consultant to help him...think his name was carlos bianchi or something else...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I feel like pulling on the jersey and playing myself, it is beautiful to be involved with this group of players, I feel proud to share these moments with them," he said. "They said I had no idea about how to coach, but suddenly I am winning matches and I am still the same guy."

That is exactly what I said to my friends here. If you look at all the coaches in the world cup Maradona is the most passionate, animated, charismatic of them all. If its 5-0 against Germany and only 5 min left, wait for Maradona to pull down his suit, revealing a jersey, and go on the field!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he is best, the camera alway show him.
and his team look really good team spirit. england have players but no team spirit.

jw5

Loyal
That is exactly what I said to my friends here. If you look at all the coaches in the world cup Maradona is the most passionate, animated, charismatic of them all. If its 5-0 against Germany and only 5 min left, wait for Maradona to pull down his suit, revealing a jersey, and go on the field!
He's probably still better than half of the players on the field.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They always attack and in the end let opponent to score one goal for them to save face.
That the spirit. :smile:

no they run 4 - 4 -3, german counter attack very quickly, very soon, they will outnumber them in defence.
the only chance for argentina is to score more goals then they let in.

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Friedrich: Maradona is the greatest

Germany defender Arne Friedrich has said that he is relishing the chance to rub shoulders with the man he considers to be the world's greatest ever footballer - and shatter his FIFA World Cup™ dreams.

The 31-year-old Hertha Berlin player and his team-mates will head into battle with Diego Maradona's Argentina on Saturday with a place in the semi-finals up for grabs. Friedrich will do so with immense admiration for the Argentinian coach, but few qualms about sending him home for South Africa disappointed.

He told the DFB's official website: "He [Maradona] is a big attraction, he is the absolute star. As a player and now as a coach, he is unsurpassed. He was for me the greatest footballer ever and will always remain so. Therefore, it is of course great now to be measured indirectly with him - and it would be even more beautiful if we should win against his team."
As a player and now as a coach, he is unsurpassed. He was for me the greatest footballer ever and will always remain so.
Arne Friedrich

Germany are well aware of the threat Argentina represent to their own hopes of lifting the trophy, but Friedrich is confident they can deal with that as a team. He said: "Argentina is the favourite. In one-on-one comparison, they have the better players, the greater individual class with [Lionel] Messi, [Carlos] Tevez and the like. But we have to find a team capable of creative solutions. We are close as a team and have so far shown that we can keep up with all the teams we have played."

Friedrich was speaking after it was confirmed that Wolfsburg are in talks with Hertha Berlin over signing him. The defender has two years left to run on his contract in the German capital, but is unlikely to remain at the club following their relegation to the second division.

Hertha are under pressure to sell their biggest earner and Friedrich recently admitted he had "several offers" but was not going to make up his mind over his future until after the FIFA World Cup. Steve McClaren's Wolfsburg, though, have emerged as a possible destination.

"We are in negotiations with Hertha," the Wolves' managing director Dieter Hoeness told the Bild newspaper. The 31-year-old, who impressed in Germany's last-16 win against England at the weekend, is also believed to be attracting interest from clubs in the English Premier League.

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diego Maradona world cup 2010 (South Africa)

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMXENvaEQLg"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMXENvaEQLg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maradona free kicks at Argentina's training

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gW6ulxq5dqg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gW6ulxq5dqg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maradona Technique

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nw3wtiK3SLM"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nw3wtiK3SLM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am afraid he is right, argentina most likely win germany.
south africa is upside down, germany is rightside up and it is summer.
while south africa is winter, like argentina.