• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Residents want Singapore Buddhist Lodge to be torn down!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will not be surprise if the temple has more money than all the units in the condominium add together. If you see some of the cars of the donors/supporters to this temple, you won't be surprise too.

That's right. Temples, like churches are super rich entities even surpassing our credible SMEs. Loyang Tua Pek Kong, Kong Meng Suah and the Duck Egg Sect all filthy rich.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there a different between a cult club which spread delusion and stupity and a commercial club which spread howlainess ..:wink: you still dont get it do you ?

David Koresh was my friend. If you don't know who he was, go Google, to get the real meaning cult versus club.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
David Koresh was my friend. If you don't know who he was, go Google, to get the real meaning cult versus club.

i thought jacky chan and jean claude van damme are the only famous ppl you know ? wow ...im impressed by your networking :wink: no horse run

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought jacky chan and jean claude van damme are the only famous ppl you know ? wow ...im impressed by your networking :wink: no horse run

My boss helped in arranging financing some of his arms deals. Before FBI raided his Waco compound and we got wind, we ran like hell and warned him to disband and run. He said thanks but refused and wanted to stay to fight to death. That's a cult. Singapore where got? Last one remotely near was Adrian Lim.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Toxic Fumes

Not all want to tear it down. Those who cross the road to get free meals would want to keep it.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My boss helped in arranging financing some of his arms deals. Before FBI raided his Waco compound and we got wind, we ran like hell and warned him to disband and run. He said thanks but refused and wanted to stay to fight to death. That's a cult. Singapore where got? Last one remotely near was Adrian Lim.

you dont have to use blood as sacrifice for worshipping to consider a cults .

my dictionary say this :wink:

A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies."

1 of the definitions of cult implies all religions are cults

Here's another:
" a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader."

Somewhat vague and entirely dependent on a frame of reference. I would say most (large) religions start out and eventually destined to end as a cult (by this definition).

PS : A cult is just a small, unpopular religion. A religion is just a large, popular cult.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, me and my boss were just in it for the business. Friendship was built out of business. We did warn him and he persisted. What else could we do?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually hor, I remember about 10 years ago (agar agar) there was this 'temple'' incident in Nee Soon or Yishun,,,LKY had to go down and talk and sayang the worshippers, than PAP won the election for that constituency,,,any one here can recall the incident??

LKY never play play with Buddhist and Taoist,,but he will play play with Catholics,,,,like he did the Marxist conspiracy..LKY dont like Christians...

political expediency hor...old uncle saw what happened when you insulted the gods and spirits...surely kana jialat jialat one....don't believe? at your own peril!!!

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
North East ? Punggol ?

orbat-f16c.jpg

we who stay in the northeast also suffer from RSAF planes. i remember during secondary school, lessons had to pause because aircrafts landing in payer lebar airbase. i noticed aircrafts dont even belong to singapore. many of the fighters have two fins which rsaf dont have in the 90s. i suspect they were f18 belong to the aussie squadron or USN. then there the turbopop COD that belong to USN flying in daily, even nowadays still see them. And most important of all, there always low flying jets at around 2000hrs each night since november, knn.. farking noise pollution!!!

Yah, I do remember seeing a C-130 flying over there when I was coming out into an open field near the futuristic looking MRT station.

Got F-16s or not ? Noisy ? Cannot be compared to Dakota Crescent or Jurong West lah.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cool ..does he have tau pek kong if something goes wrong ?

He couldn't understand Chinese or any Chinese dialect. But I do. If something went wrong, I bear. Fortunately, I was good enough. Nothing went wrong.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
okay no gods and spirits.but got demons and ghosts. you tear down the temple see got demons or ghosts or not. try lah...

You pay me and I'll tear them down. Take it as performance art or scientific experiment. I reiterate: there is no such thing as gods, spirits, demons, ghosts, feng shui etc. :smile: