• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Con·trar·i·an Jo·h·or

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I
There is absolutely nothing to stop one from buying in both E/W Malaysia.

The Sarawak route is somewhat easier although you still have to fly there to get started, it also has some privileges such as residing in W Malaysia, provided of course that you have 15 days minimum there every year. You have kids schooling there or have at least a 600k property, 10k monthly income for couple or have 300k FD (couple). I would recommend to get the MM2H first and then you are not restricted to 600k property over in Sarawak as you can get something that is 300k.

The route seems more reasonable but again this is subject to change if the government just decides to change things or make it harder although they tend to give more leeway for things done over in E Malaysia. As it is, people over in Malaysia are no longer as welcoming to us as in the past, they seemed to think all the troubles they are facing in the past 2 plus years are all due to Singaporeans.

Like blaming Singapore registered vehicles for pumping ron 95 petrol etc but then forgetting drivers of Singapore vehicles may not all be Singaporeans. There are even people from other countries, etc who rented Singapore vehicles and went into JB for day trips.
remeber sarawak one thereis only bank deposit and nothing else? Is that for senior citizen? You also mentioned batam. I am frankly sick of johor stupid custom treating us like criminals. What areas have you stayed in batam?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is absolutely nothing to stop one from buying in both E/W Malaysia.

The Sarawak route is somewhat easier although you still have to fly there to get started, it also has some privileges such as residing in W Malaysia, provided of course that you have 15 days minimum there every year. You have kids schooling there or have at least a 600k property, 10k monthly income for couple or have 300k FD (couple). I would recommend to get the MM2H first and then you are not restricted to 600k property over in Sarawak as you can get something that is 300k.

The route seems more reasonable but again this is subject to change if the government just decides to change things or make it harder although they tend to give more leeway for things done over in E Malaysia. As it is, people over in Malaysia are no longer as welcoming to us as in the past, they seemed to think all the troubles they are facing in the past 2 plus years are all due to Singaporeans.

Like blaming Singapore registered vehicles for pumping ron 95 petrol etc but then forgetting drivers of Singapore vehicles may not all be Singaporeans. There are even people from other countries, etc who rented Singapore vehicles and went into JB for day trips.
$40k myr p/m income. $1.5m liquid asset & the killer ($1m myr in lien). It is really a Big Ask to place convert S$ into $1m myr & then deposit it in a msia bank under lien. Govt gurantee only covers up to $250k myr. The currency depreciation against S$ is also a big concern. Risks & Opportunity costs is alot to exchange for a 5yr Social Visit pass. My 2 cents.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I

remeber sarawak one thereis only bank deposit and nothing else? Is that for senior citizen? You also mentioned batam. I am frankly sick of johor stupid custom treating us like criminals. What areas have you stayed in batam?
For Sarawak, its still 10 years. There are the requirements here: https://www.expatgo.com/my/2022/01/24/sarawak-beckons/

Batam is also a viable choice and can consider to stay near Batam Centre if you need or want to be near the ferry area. Also consider other areas as even Bintan is doable. I am leaving half my resources to consider other countries right now, even Vietnam.

My wife was stopped at the Johor customs before Covid and they only let the kids through, making her take a bus back (my car was in workshop that day).
We love the country but sometimes they are too harsh to people, especially to business people like us who have APEC access.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
$40k myr p/m income. $1.5m liquid asset & the killer ($1m myr in lien). It is really a Big Ask to place convert S$ into $1m myr & then deposit it in a msia bank under lien. Govt gurantee only covers up to $250k myr. The currency depreciation against S$ is also a big concern. Risks & Opportunity costs is alot to exchange for a 5yr Social Visit pass. My 2 cents.
This is for the West Malaysia, East Malaysia is much easier and 10 years. If i really have to take the West Malaysia route for MM2H with the current terms, i would rather head out to Thailand or Vietnam. I am lucky that i have pretty good neighbours in JB, we help take care of each other. During the worst days of Covid, had to send my neighbours wife (husband was in Singapore working) to the hospital.

Luckily Columbia Asia (one of the nearest to us other than Kensington and Gleneagles) and he took care of things for us when he was back. The cats our neighbours kept helped in keeping most of the rats away. Don't get me wrong, its still a wonderful place, just no longer as welcoming and they tend to over charge us as soon as they know we are Singaporeans. A lady who posted her car online for 38k went over 40k as soon as she heard we are not locals and i pulled out a card to pay. All this while the most recent ad she posted still showed 38k in cash. Needless to say we didn't deal. Its not the money at all, just disagree with the way business is done.

They just have a poor view of some Singaporeans who came and showed off or ill treated them in some ways when they were working here. Both myself and my wife never treated anyone poorly even when we were in management roles and definitely never when we hired 16 local people in our businesses.

Again for me i will just refrain from any overseas business unless you are really clear on things and have a defined exit plan when things goes south.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is for the West Malaysia, East Malaysia is much easier and 10 years. If i really have to take the West Malaysia route for MM2H with the current terms, i would rather head out to Thailand or Vietnam. I am lucky that i have pretty good neighbours in JB, we help take care of each other. During the worst days of Covid, had to send my neighbours wife (husband was in Singapore working) to the hospital.

Luckily Columbia Asia (one of the nearest to us other than Kensington and Gleneagles) and he took care of things for us when he was back. The cats our neighbours kept helped in keeping most of the rats away. Don't get me wrong, its still a wonderful place, just no longer as welcoming and they tend to over charge us as soon as they know we are Singaporeans. A lady who posted her car online for 38k went over 40k as soon as she heard we are not locals and i pulled out a card to pay. All this while the most recent ad she posted still showed 38k in cash. Needless to say we didn't deal. Its not the money at all, just disagree with the way business is done.

They just have a poor view of some Singaporeans who came and showed off or ill treated them in some ways when they were working here. Both myself and my wife never treated anyone poorly even when we were in management roles and definitely never when we hired 16 local people in our businesses.

Again for me i will just refrain from any overseas business unless you are really clear on things and have a defined exit plan when things goes south.
I always tell people i have no money. Which is true. Anyway my neighbours were very nice. All retired and have nice big houses, unlike sinkie losers. They are all blue collar workers. One uncle didnt even have any papers. He worked when there was no need for passportsto cross. Now all are retired at 40ish. Wake for breakfast, walk and sleep till lunch, all are easy life. Everyone has several cars. They will even pick me up to drop ke off. They know i walk. I see sinkies thinking they are having very good lives and i shake my head. They are living like beggars

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I have learned a great deal just by reading this forum. A big Thank You.

I have just moved to Johor and am new to this forum. Hope to learn more and hopefully in time share ...

I have currently just moved to the northern part of Johor. Things are slightly cheaper here than in JB itself. To be a true Con·trar·i·an Jo·h·or, I have given up all links to sg. I even have a baby boy but totally not registered with sg. People around me have been telling me that I should have registered him to sg and enjoy some baby bonuses and tax rebates, thereby enjoy the great education that sg has to offer.

I stronger believe that the sg education is poisonous to the young mind. It doesn't teach what is morally good. It doesn't teach how to survive as a normal human being. It doesn't teach how to live among people. It simply doesn't teach what is life.

I am against drinking shit water. Too many of my relations by blood have gotten very serious illnesses due to poor living conditions.

I am against human engineering. A true life should be allowed to live freely (hopefully). My generation has already been done in, I just hope for the next generation to be better.

One might detect bitterness in my writing. But, it is not true. I have long past the bitter stage and am now trying to enjoy life to the fullest.

I don't wish to offend any sentiments here but to share a different but possible path.

in metta ...
Is ikani still living in Johor now in y2022 ?

Ae You that 60-year old dude who married a Young Malaysian Wife, living in Kulai ?