• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

COI: Aloysius Pang up lorry because he and 2 other SAF boys COCK UP! SAF Chiak Sai! Jiak Liao Bee! Kill self instead of Enemy!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
regiment somehow drill discipline into an individual, i ever mentioned if you are observant enough, you can notice the difference if someone has served in the army or not.
when i speak to malaysian and china chinese in melb. i, can feel the difference.

The PAP trained us to be sheeps ...and it has been very successful.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS provides cheap labour for the SAF regulars and artificially inflates the number of 'operationally ready' servicemen so it can be bragged about on a copy of Pioneer or Jane's Defence Weekly.

NS is also a tremendous revenue generator. Lots of contractors and suppliers involved. And when a camp gets renovated or expanded, a lot of money changes hands.

Do you believe that no one benefits from our huge arms purchase?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well cos when I first heard the story I thought bloody chow SAF! I hate SAF! Cant stand the paper generals and all the wayang.

So when I found out the truth I was shocked. This pretty boy play with his life fool around. He paid with his death. But you know those paper generals will scapegoat the other 2 now.

And one of the other 2 is an acquaintance.

Wow, you must be a tangkee who could talk to the dead! Seriously.,i will not have confidence in you as my doctor. You form your conclusions just by hearsay. I think that also explains why you run road to canada. A sinkie failed doctor who had to seek a new start in canada! See, i'm better than you. I can piece together a more convincing story than you, with more solid evidence!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on what were presented the commander was fully responsible
He must insist that Alos go to safe zone b4 he lowered the gun
He oso must hit the emerg STOP BUTTON
He did not ...twice
Hence he must be hung.

The hanging needs to go further up. If the performance requirement was set at an unrealistic level, those on the ground will cut corners to meet them. COI never bothered to comment on that. The COI should have examined if there was other reason - besides blaming them - for the crew to ignore SOP to fix the gun.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone should just accept the fact that military training is dangerous and deaths will occur.

The transport system causes far more deaths and in most cases the fault lies with one or more of the drivers/riders not the Transport Minister.

This discussion is ridiculous lets move on.

If we keep moving on, instead of hanging the guilty (the dead can't be hanged) upper echelon, we will never progress.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF gun crews don't know their weapon! Don't fucking know the reality what would happen. One fucker die than all the other idiots will wake up more.

Fuckers, play-play attitude. Weekend soldiers typically. Jee Seow Jee Pee! Em Zai Si! 不知死!

The people who needs to wake up are up there ...not the ground troops.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF gun crews don't know their weapon! Don't fucking know the reality what would happen. One fucker die than all the other idiots will wake up more.

Fuckers, play-play attitude. Weekend soldiers typically. Jee Seow Jee Pee! Em Zai Si! 不知死!

Why do you assume that the doctor's version is correct? Yes, they ignore SOP. But why? Pang went in to start the repair. Why did he go in first? The doctor said he was fooling around? Based on hearsay.
It looks more like they were trying to get the repair done asap ...the COI could have shed light on the performance requirement for repair. They did not. Why?

I don't think our reservists are so dumb to risk themselves unnecessarily, especially for a person who was having a good career.

Until there is evidence, let the dead rest in peace, instead of levelling unfounded allegations. Go with the fact based on the COI findings, even though I am sure lots of fact has been brushed aside to lay blame on the sheeps.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF cannot handle weapons! Killed only ourselves! Can kill enemy my foot!

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/a...apses-all-three-servicemen-howitzer-cabin-coi

060519_aloysiuspang_facebook.jpg

Aloysius Pang's death due to lapses of all three servicemen in Howitzer cabin: COI

Aloysius Pang's death on Jan 23 was the fourth reported since September 2017, following four preceding years of zero fatalities related to training and operations in the Singapore Armed Forces.

PHOTO: Facebook/Aloysius Pang

Lim Min Zhang

The Straits Times

May 06, 2019

Facebook Twitter google_plus
Email

SINGAPORE - Only three soldiers, including the late Singapore actor Aloysius Pang, were present in the cabin of an artillery gun that was being rectified on Jan 19 this year, and each of them committed safety lapses that eventually led to his death, an independent Committee of Inquiry has found.
Among the breaches committed by the three of them, including the gun commander and a regular technician, was the failure to follow a strict requirement that everyone must be in safe positions during the movement of the gun barrel.

The regular technician also did not ensure the gun barrel was locked before starting the maintenance work of replacing the interface card found in the cabin.

Revealing the findings of the COI in Parliament on Monday (May 6), Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen said: "It is sad but undeniable that the direct cause determined by the COI that resulted in the death of CFC (NS) Pang was preventable had there been compliance to safety rules.

"It was not for lack of knowledge of these rules or inexperience of personnel working on the SSPH (Singapore Self-Propelled Howitzer) gun."
The five-member COI, chaired by a State Courts-nominated judge, was set up on Jan 25 to investigate the circumstances of Corporal First Class (NS) Pang's death after he sustained serious injury during a live firing exercise called Thunder Warrior in New Zealand.

Read also

Shorter training and reservist stints, after safety focus

His death on Jan 23 was the fourth reported since September 2017, following four preceding years of zero fatalities related to training and operations in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF).
It had sparked a public outpouring of grief, and led to renewed criticism about training safety in the SAF.
Giving fresh details into the incident, Dr Ng said that when CFC (NS) Pang, 28, was asked to move out of the way of a gun barrel inside the SSPH, he declined and said that it would not hit him.
The gun commander saw that the actor, who was an armament technician on reservist duty, was still in its way but continued to lower the gun barrel, flouting safety rules.
CFC (NS) Pang initially made no attempt to move away, but started making some evasive movements as the barrel moved closer to him. The regular technician was shocked to see him still in the path of the gun, said Dr Ng.
When the barrel began to make contact with CFC (NS) Pang, the gun commander and a regular technician responded irrationally instead of pressing the emergency stop buttons.
The regular technician tried to stop the barrel with his hands, while the gun commander tried to do so using the main control screen, but their actions did not stop CFC (NS) Pang from being wedged between the barrel and cabin's interior.
Read also

SAF sets up Inspector-General's Office to enforce safety following Aloysius Pang's case
Although the gun commander with the rank of Third Sergeant had shouted "standby, clear away" and the regular technician had told CFC (NS) Pang to move away, both of them did not ensure that he was in a safe position before lowering the barrel.
The regular technician, who had been in service for more than 16 years, with eight years of working experience on the SSPH, also did not ensure that the gun barrel was in a locked position before starting maintenance work to replace the interface card in the box he was working on with CFC (NS) Pang.
Instead, the regular technician, who held the rank of Military Expert 2, had started to dismantle the mountings on the box even though the gun barrel was not in a locked or standby position.
Other than CFC (NS) Pang, the other two servicemen were not named.
This article was first published in The Straits Times. Permission required for reproduction.

What was the performance requirement? Was that compatible with the SOP?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Wow, you must be a tangkee who could talk to the dead! Seriously.,i will not have confidence in you as my doctor. You form your conclusions just by hearsay. I think that also explains why you run road to canada. A sinkie failed doctor who had to seek a new start in canada! See, i'm better than you. I can piece together a more convincing story than you, with more solid evidence!

Aiyah sinkies all hate their drs lah. Jealous. Envious.

Yes i am happy to be sinkie failed dr. Lol! Thank goodness didnt stay in sinkieland. Haha

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If you believe shit times then your hearsay is damn solid lah.

Those who know this case and have info all dont want to say cos respect to Aloy family. But really go ask the troops lah. He was fooling around like clown.

Baccara77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah sinkies all hate their drs lah. Jealous. Envious.

Yes i am happy to be sinkie failed dr. Lol! Thank goodness didnt stay in sinkieland. Haha
You are probably right about envy playing a big part in the general sentiments.

Baccara77

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to concentrate during overseas reservist training when you have a chiobu celebrity girlfriend waiting at home ?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are REMINDED everyday that you press that EMERGENCY STOP BUTTON, FINED $5,000...the commander was responding to that every day conditioning... that is why he forgot that, there was a STOP BUTTON or even there was one...oh! oh!..FINED $5,000, cant blame him, right?
And dead man can't defend his actions..so blame him..

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
We are REMINDED everyday that you press that EMERGENCY STOP BUTTON, FINED $5,000...the commander was responding to that every day conditioning... that is why he forgot that, there was a STOP BUTTON or even there was one...oh! oh!..FINED $5,000, cant blame him, right?
And dead man can't defend his actions..so blame him..
Yup. Good point! See the emergency Stop button scared to press. Taught to children everyday.