• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese rickshaw driver with high school quali, became university professor...

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logged off already. Balless bastard! You had lived up to your name Inchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame, aka mudskipper aka lancheowman aka Inchwmn_only,1,2,3,4,5 aka samuraisan and all the tiulehlohmohfarhais! and can tell the world you never change your nics like bak chor your mother cheebye mee!

zzzz zzzzz zzzzz pls try harder....i am waiting for a better show....

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
mandarin only policy is indefensible and stupid. it is agst the trend in taiwan and china. it is indefensible intellectually. if you cannot argue this big issues, pls go and chit chat with Communist in the rubbush heap

here's my take.

1. teaching chinese dialects in singapore school, that is impractical. there are too many chinese dialects. most of the chinese communities throughout the world, they learn mandarin in school, and learn dialects at home.

2. the parents, the family, should take up the responsibility of preserving dialect language if they value it.

3. chinese language standard in spore is low. thats a problem. saying things such as dialect could connect to chinese culture up to 3000 years ago, and mandarin could only connect to chinese culture up to 300 years, that doesn't help improve the situation. it only complicate the matter.

4. for most of the chinese sporeans, they are not interested in reading chinese books, not to talk about chinese classics. so why talk about reading chinese classics in dialect is better than reading chinese classic in mandarin?? the priority is to get people interested in reading chinese books, using chinese language. using dialect or mandarin to read it....does it matter??

5. i am against pap eradicating of dialects. there's great value in dialect language. but i just don't agree that we should learn dialects first in order to read chinese classic.

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zzzz zzzzz zzzzz pls try harder....i am waiting for a better show....

See, you so xia suay. So many people can see that you are a retard here. No wonder your prostitute mother want to kill herself after having such a worthless lanceowless faggot like you. Luckily Uncle Devil here gives her good fucking that she can at least find some self worth. You want to watch me fucking your prostitute mother? Just come and seek for Uncle Devil's attention and I will make your prostitute mother scream like a hog. LOL!...

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
now you expose your true colours, i will just debunk you point by point and you will be back calling me a cantonese or hokkien or how abt a dialect supremacist?

<<1. teaching chinese dialects in singapore school, that is impractical. there are too many chinese dialects. most of the chinese communities throughout the world, they learn mandarin in school, and learn dialects at home.>>

mandarin is a major chinese dialect that is taught in every school. why is this dialect preferred over all other dialects? teaching each and every dialect as part of the school curriculum may be impractical, as your PAP masters will ask you to argue but allowing students to communicate in their dialects and forming clubs or societies for the promotion, learning and appreciation of dialects as an ECA is certainly feasible.

<<2. the parents, the family, should take up the responsibility of preserving dialect language if they value it. >>

this is not a family issue, it is a societal issue. it must be done at a national level. we must do away with that dialects is low class mentality or we hv no resources or our students are too stupid to learn a dialect. o/w dialects like any other language will slowly die off because no one uses it anymore

<<3. chinese language standard in spore is low. thats a problem. saying things such as dialect could connect to chinese culture 3000 years, and mandarin could only connect to chinese culture for 300 years, that doesn't help improve the situation. it only complicate it.>>

the reason for this low standard in chinese is due to people who think that mandarin is your mother tongue and has always been so since Qin Shih Huang in 200BC when in fact, mandarin came about only in the 1600s. it is already a simplifed and diluted form of spoken chinese and so if you only learn a simplified and diluted form of chinese, your command of the language will always be poor and chinese culture also becomes distanced from you. Hence your standard of written chinese will also deteriorate.

in countries in malaysia, taiwan, hong kong where dialects are preserved and used, the standards of chinese there are far higher. so pretending that mandarin alone is good enuff will never be good enuff. refusing to acknowledge the fact that mandarin is a new simplified 300 years old dialect and neglecting 3000 years of lingusitc history before that is the cause of the problem you highlighted and the cure is not to ignore this for the sake of some political agenda.

<<4. for most of the chinese sporeans, they are not interested in reading chinese books, not to talk about chinese classics. so why talk about reading chinese classics in dialect is better than reading chinese classic in mandarin?? the priority is to get people interested in reading chinese books, using chinese language. using dialect or mandarin to read it....does it matter??>>

typical party propaganda. it does not matter whether you read in dialect and mandarin because you are so detached from your roots i.e. you do not understand that your ancestors who lived 3000 years ago would have read it in a totally different language.the rhythm is different, there were rhymes and no tones. and pls note this silly argument of yours is pathetic because mandarin will not get ppl interested either or in fact it is likely to present a misleading picture.

<<5. i am against pap eradicating of dialects. there's great value in dialect language. but i just don't agree that in order to read chinese classic, we should learn dialects first. >>

everything you post before this suggests that you are in support of a mandarin only policy. you are not agst eradication of dialect because you clearly suggest that mandarin must be given top priority (teach only this in school) and dialect is to left to its doom (let the family take care of this, if they dun, too bad). your motivation is that if we all use mandarin, there is no need for dialects and it will die a natural death. nothing is to be done to change this. all your points above clearly exposes your view that dialects has no values even if it connects you to ancient spoken tongues, it is useless. there is no need to try and reconstruct the lost language used by ancestors. by suggesting this and trying to play down the linguistic value of dialects, you are clearly looking for the eradication of dialects since this is by far its most important function and its greatest value as living fossils.

Last edited:

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
See, you so xia suay. So many people can see that you are a retard here. No wonder your prostitute mother want to kill herself after having such a worthless lanceowless faggot like you. Luckily Uncle Devil here gives her good fucking that she can at least find some self worth. You want to watch me fucking your prostitute mother? Just come and seek for Uncle Devil's attention and I will make your prostitute mother scream like a hog. LOL!...

samll boy devil wee-in-tin_, dun waste bandwidth la...later you kena scolding by another uncle ,dun cry hor

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
samll boy devil wee-in-tin_, dun waste bandwidth la...later you kena scolding by another uncle ,dun cry hor

Wah, lancheowless faggot, you think you changed your nick your lancheow will grow back? LOL!.... You are only wasting the bandwidth. LOL!... You are so pathetic!

Now you kena scolded by so many people here. Even your prostitute mother feel so shameful about you. She told me last night when I fucked her deep deep. LOL!...

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, lancheowless faggot, you think you changed your nick your lancheow will grow back? LOL!.... You are only wasting the bandwidth. LOL!... You are so pathetic!

Now you kena scolded by so many people here. Even your prostitute mother feel so shameful about you. She told me last night when I fucked her deep deep. LOL!...

haizzz...dun wanna hurt your feelings but you see the difference between uncle and you anot? uncle comeout with solid solid views. ppl may disagree with my views but they have to respect it.

nobody will say i waste bandwidth because uncle has too much to offer, you only cut and paste, post rubbish , youtube clips or one liner comments....you dun hv respect leh and of course ppl say you waste bandwith la.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haizzz...dun wanna hurt your feelings but you see the dioffernece between uncle adn you anot? ppl may disagree with my views but they have to respect it.

nobody will say i waste bandwidth because uncle has too much to offer, you only cut and paste, post rubbish , youtube clips or one liner comments....you dun hv respect leh and of course ppl say you waste bandwith la.

LOL!.. You only offer your prostitute mother for people here to fuck. What else can you offer? So many people here already complaint that you waste bandwidth here, but your inflated ego blinded you from this truth. And you keep changing your nick to avoid all the scoldings. Pathetic lancheowless faggot. No wonder your prostitute mother begs me to fuck her to give her some self-worth after having a worthless faggot like you.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<1. teaching chinese dialects in singapore school, that is impractical. there are too many chinese dialects. most of the chinese communities throughout the world, they learn mandarin in school, and learn dialects at home.>>

mandarin is a major chinese dialect that is taught in every school. why is this dialect preferred over all other dialects? teaching each and every dialect as part of the school curriculum may be impractical, as your PAP masters will ask you to argue but allowing students to communicate in their dialects and forming clubs or societies for the promotion, learning and appreciation of dialects as an ECA is certainly feasible.

mandarin as the major chinese dialect taught in every school all over the chinese communities, thats a fact. a reality. if u are against that, wat do u propose then? use what language as the official chinese spoken language then?

i am not against dialect. how many times do i have to repeat myself? so your suggestion that the school forming clubs and allow students to communicate among themselves in dialect, i have no problem with that.

<<2. the parents, the family, should take up the responsibility of preserving dialect language if they value it. >>

this is not a family issue, it is a societal issue. it must be done at a national level. we must do away with that dialects is low class mentality or we hv no resources or our students are too stupid to learn a dialect. o/w dialects like any other language will slowly die off because no one uses it anymore
yes, its a social issue. okay, so it must be done in national level. but its not feasible to teach dialects in school. 'cause there are too many dialects.

mind you, i am not against dialect. but if we cant teach dialects in school, who else should teach the kids dialect? it falls on the parents and families, and communities. the national level, would be, the govt first of all, should get off the back of dialect. stop degrading dialect. stop bad mouthing dialect.

<<3. chinese language standard in spore is low. thats a problem. saying things such as dialect could connect to chinese culture 3000 years, and mandarin could only connect to chinese culture for 300 years, that doesn't help improve the situation. it only complicate it.>>

the reason for this low standard in chinese is due to people who think that mandarin is your mother tongue and has always been so since Qin Shih Huang whne in fact, mandarin is already a simplifed and diluted form of spoken chinese. if you only learn a simplified and diluted form of chinese, your command of the language will always be low.in countries in malaysia, taiwan, hong kong where dialects are preserved and used, the standard of chinese is far higher. so pretending that mandarin alone is good enuff will never be good enuff. refusing to acknowledge the fact that mandarin is a new simplified 300 years old dialect and neglecting 3000 years of lingusitc history before that is the cause of the problem you highlighted and the cure is not to ignore this because of political agendas
i don't know why u wanna keep on deriding mandarin. the low chinese language standard, is because PAP doesn't respect chinese language. they promote english language, and demote chinese language standard. simple as that.

<<4. for most of the chinese sporeans, they are not interested in reading chinese books, not to talk about chinese classics. so why talk about reading chinese classics in dialect is better than reading chinese classic in mandarin?? the priority is to get people interested in reading chinese books, using chinese language. using dialect or mandarin to read it....does it matter??>>

typical party propaganda. it does not matter whether you read in dialect and mandarin because you are so detached from your roots i.e. you do not understand that your ancestors who lived 3000 years ago would have read it in a totally different language.the rhythm is different, there were rhymes and no tones. and pls note this silly argument of yours is pathetic because mandarin will not get ppl interested either or in fact it is likely to present a misleading picture.
the situation in spore, is chinese language standard is low. both mandarin and dialect, and written chinese language. i don't see the purpose of u to keep on putting down mandarin if u are so concern about upholding of chinese culture.

<<5. i am against pap eradicating of dialects. there's great value in dialect language. but i just don't agree that in order to read chinese classic, we should learn dialects first. >>

everything you post before this suggests that you are in support of a mandarin only policy. you are not agst eradication of dialect because you clearly suggest that mandarin must be given top priority and dialect is to left to its doom. your motivation is that if we all use mandarin, there is no need for dialects and it will die a natural death. nothing is to be done to change this. all your points above clearly exposes your view that dialects has no values even if it connects you to ancient spoken tongues, it is useless. there is no need to try and reconstruct the lost language used by ancestors. by suggesting this, you are clearly looking for the eradication of dialects since this is by far the greatest value in dialects as a living fossil.
i didn't support mandarin only policy. and i don't support teaching all different dialect in school, because there are too many dialects in spore, therefore its not feasible.

i don't wanna see the death of dialect. therefore, i talk about the responsibilities of the families, communities to uphold the language. and on national level, the govt should first of all, stop deriding, stop putting down dialect language in national level. stop the blatant discrimination on dialects. and remove all public policies discriminating dialect.

to connect to chinese classic via dialect, i don't see the urgency in that. as long as people interested in reading chinese classic, doesn't matter in mandarin or dialect.

Last edited:

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL!.. You only offer your prostitute mother for people here to fuck. What else can you offer? So many people here already complaint that you waste bandwidth here, but your inflated ego blinded you from this truth. And you keep changing your nick to avoid all the scoldings. Pathetic lancheowless faggot. No wonder your prostitute mother begs me to fuck her to give her some self-worth after having a worthless faggot like you.

ok you see that is why you kena scolding for wasting bandwidth... you have nothing intelligent to say then jsut keep quiet, at least nobody know you stupid mah....but you leh, its your ego that always force you to say something stupid thinking that it is a good response. that why nobody hui you and i still have the post where you kena soclding for wasting bandwidth from other ppl hor ,u wanna see anot?....when can you ever learn to be like uncle?

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
[mandarin as the major chinese dialect taught in every school all over the chinese communities, thats a fact. a reality. if u are against that, wat do u propose then? use what language as the official chinese spoken language then?]

oh sure, it's a reality and we cannot do anything about it....so typical PAP. cannot study one more dialect because you have to juggle mandarin and english. this is a dumb self-serving argument. until 1600s, the official chinese court language was not a southern dialect because ming dynasty was first based in the south. through its history, china survived with a spoken court language in the capital and thousands of dialects outside of it. do you really need one official spoken chinese language?

[i am not against dialect. how many times do i have to repeat myself? so your suggestion that the school forming clubs and allow students to communicate among themselves in dialect, i have no problem with that. ]
to study dialects as well. not just to meet and talk. raise awareness and appreciation.

[yes, its a social issue. okay, so it must be done in national level. but its not feasible to teach dialects in school. 'cause there are too many dialects. ]

i am reading both your comments above and trying hard to reconcile them for you. on the one hand, you say student can form clubs to communicate in dialects (but i said study) but then you quickly qualify that it is not feasible to teach dialects cos there are too many dialects. so what are you tryin to say? to me, we are back to square one. you are suggesting that we juz teach mandarin only and discourage study of dialects and let it die a natural death.

[mind you, i am not against dialect. but if we cant teach dialects in school, who else should teach the kids dialect? it falls on the parents and families, and communities. the national level, would be, the govt first of all, should get off the back of dialect. stop degrading dialect. stop bad mouthing dialect.]

again i note that your view is that dialects shld not be taught in school and govt shld not encourage (very PAP) learning of dialects. all it has to is to do nothing and let it die a natural death by keeping it off the schools.

[i don't know why u wanna keep on deriding mandarin. the low chinese language standard, is because PAP doesn't respect chinese language standard. they promote english language, and demote chinese language standard. simple as that.]
pls use facts and not rhetorics if you disagree that mandarin is a simplified and diluted form of spoken chinese. lack of respect for chinese languages includes the lack of respect for chinese dialects.

[the situation in spore, is chinese language standard is low. both mandarin and dialect, and written chinese language. i don't see the purpose of u to keep on putting down mandarin if u are so concern about upholding of chinese culture.]
you are wasting my time harping on rhetorics. i would rather you admit you do not understand the language well enuff to see how dialects can be relevant rather repeating the same assertions over and over again. a mandarin speaker is using a simplified and diluted form of chinese. can you deny this?

[i didn't support mandarin only policy. i don't support teaching all different dialect in school, because there are too many dialects in spore, therefore its not feasible.]

thanks for the contradiction. pls note that throughout chinese history, there was one official tongue spoken in the capital and thousands of dialects spoken outside of it. if you do not support mandarin only policy, why are you so keen to point out that there are too many dialects in SG to teach in school and end the argument there? u mean there is no other way?

[i don't wanna see the death of dialect. therefore, i talk about the responsibilities of the families, communities to uphold the language. and on national level, the govt should first of all, stop deriding, putting down dialect language in national level.]
ditto. sure you dun want it to thrive either.

[to connect to chinese classic via dialect, i don't see the urgency in that. as long as people interested in reading chinese classic, doesn't matter mandarin or dialect.]
it does not matter what you see or not see subjectively. who cares what is your view? cos you are too ignorant to form a reasonably sound view

can you deny that dialects are most important and have the greatest value as living fossils connecting us to the lost ancient langauges of our ancestors thousands of years ago?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok you see that is why you kena scolding for wasting bandwidth... you have nothing intelligent to say then jsut keep quiet, at least nobody know you stupid mah....but you leh, its your ego that always force you to say something stupid thinking that it is a good response. that why nobody hui you and i still have the post where you kena soclding for wasting bandwidth from other ppl hor ,u wanna see anot?....when can you ever learn to be like uncle?

LOL!... Change nick again? No matter what nick you use, you are still a lancheowless faggot whose prostitute mother feels shameful of having you.

No wonder you need to pimp for your prostitute mother here so that you can feel useful. LOL!...

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?="">oh sure, it's a reality and we cannot do anything about it....so typical PAP. cannot study one more dialect because you have to juggle mandarin and english. this is a dumb self-serving argument. until 1600s, the official chinese court language was not a southern dialect because ming dynasty was first based in the south. through its history, china survived with a spoken court language in the capital and thousands of dialects outside of it. do you really need one official spoken chinese language?</mandarin>
okay... put it this way. if dialect could be teach in school, if its feasible, i am all for it. so whats the problem?<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""></mandarin>
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?="">to study dialects as well. not just to meet and talk. raise awareness and appreciation. </mandarin>
sure, its a good idea. i am all for it. sporean chinese using dialect, using mandarin, using chinese languages. i have no problem with it.
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?="">
<yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""></yes,>
</mandarin>
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.="">i am reading both your comments above and trying hard to reconcile them for you. on the one hand, you say student can form clubs to communicate in dialects (but i said study) but then you quickly qualify that it is not feasible to teach dialects cos there are too many dialects. so what are you tryin to say? to me, we are back to square one. you are suggesting that we juz teach mandarin only and discourage study of dialects and let it die a natural death.</yes,></mandarin>
social club in school and teaching dialect in school are two different thing. there are no examination for social clubs.

anyway, its just some technicalities. like i said, if teaching dialects in schools is feasible, i am all for it. i have no problem with it.
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""> <mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.="">
</mind></yes,>
</mandarin><mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.=""><the situation="" in="" spore,="" language="" standard="" is="" low.="" both="" dialect,="" and="" written="" language.="" i="" don="" t="" see="" the="" purpose="" to="" keep="" on="" putting="" down="" mandarin="" if="" u="" are="" so="" concern="" about="" upholding="" of="" chinese="" culture.=""><to connect="" to="" classic="" via="" dialect,="" i="" don="" see="" the="" urgency="" that.="" long="" as="" people="" interested="" in="" reading="" chinese="" classic,="" doesn="" t="" matter="" mandarin="" or="" dialect.="">
</to>
</the>
</mind></yes,>
</mandarin>

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.="">again i note that your view is that dialects shld not be taught in school and govt shld not encourage (very PAP) learning of dialects. all it has to is to do nothing and let it die a natural death by keeping it off the schools. </mind></yes,></mandarin>
<yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.="">

</mind></yes,>
<yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.="">i am against teaching dialects in school, 'cause i don't think its feasible. but if it is shown to be feasible, i am all for it.

i didn't ever say govt should not encourage learning of dialects. i said, the very first few steps, when comes to upholding of dialects in spore by PAP govt, would be to get off the back of dialects, stop the discriminative policies against dialects. the first few steps.
</mind></yes,><mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.=""> </mind></yes,></mandarin>
<yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.=""><the situation="" in="" spore,="" language="" standard="" is="" low.="" both="" dialect,="" and="" written="" language.="" i="" don="" t="" see="" the="" purpose="" to="" keep="" on="" putting="" down="" mandarin="" if="" u="" are="" so="" concern="" about="" upholding="" of="" chinese="" culture.=""><to connect="" to="" classic="" via="" dialect,="" i="" don="" see="" the="" urgency="" that.="" long="" as="" people="" interested="" in="" reading="" chinese="" classic,="" doesn="" t="" matter="" mandarin="" or="" dialect.=""> </to></the></mind></yes,>

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.="">
</mind></yes,>
</mandarin>
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.="">pls use facts and not rhetorics if you disagree that mandarin is a simplified and diluted form of spoken chinese. lack of respect for chinese languages includes the lack of respect for chinese dialects.</mind></yes,></mandarin>
<yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.="">
</mind></yes,>
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.=""></mind></yes,></mandarin>
you are wasting my time harping on rhetorics. i would rather you admit you do not understand the language well enuff to see how dialects can be relevant rather repeating the same assertions over and over again. a mandarin speaker is using a simplified and diluted form of chinese. can you deny this?

</mind></yes,>
<yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.="">if mandarin is indeed dilute and simplified form of spoken chinese, IF thats the truth, so be it.

the problem i have with your messages, is the insistence that reading chinese classic in dialect is the only way to go, and reading chinese classic in mandarin is just like reading chinese classic in malay, or english translation.</mind></yes,><mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.=""><the situation="" in="" spore,="" language="" standard="" is="" low.="" both="" dialect,="" and="" written="" language.="" i="" don="" t="" see="" the="" purpose="" to="" keep="" on="" putting="" down="" mandarin="" if="" u="" are="" so="" concern="" about="" upholding="" of="" chinese="" culture.="">

<to connect="" to="" classic="" via="" dialect,="" i="" don="" see="" the="" urgency="" that.="" long="" as="" people="" interested="" in="" reading="" chinese="" classic,="" doesn="" t="" matter="" mandarin="" or="" dialect.=""></to></the>
</mind></yes,>
</mandarin>
<mandarin major="" dialect="" taught="" in="" every="" school="" all="" over="" communities,="" thats="" fact.="" a="" reality.="" if="" are="" against="" that,="" wat="" do="" u="" propose="" use="" what="" as="" the="" official="" chinese="" spoken="" language="" then?=""><yes, a="" social="" issue.="" okay,="" so="" it="" must="" be="" done="" national="" level.="" but="" its="" not="" feasible="" to="" teach="" dialects="" in="" school.="" cause="" there="" are="" too="" many="" dialects.=""><mind you,="" i="" am="" not="" against="" but="" if="" we="" cant="" dialects="" in="" school,="" who="" else="" teach="" kids="" dialect?="" it="" falls="" on="" parents="" families,="" and="" communities.="" national="" level,="" would="" be,="" govt="" first="" all,="" should="" get="" off="" the="" back="" of="" degrading="" stop="" bad="" mouthing="" dialect.=""><the situation="" in="" spore,="" language="" standard="" is="" low.="" both="" dialect,="" and="" written="" language.="" i="" don="" t="" see="" the="" purpose="" to="" keep="" on="" putting="" down="" mandarin="" if="" u="" are="" so="" concern="" about="" upholding="" of="" chinese="" culture.=""><to connect="" to="" classic="" via="" dialect,="" i="" don="" see="" the="" urgency="" that.="" long="" as="" people="" interested="" in="" reading="" chinese="" classic,="" doesn="" t="" matter="" mandarin="" or="" dialect.="">can you deny that dialects are most important and have the greatest value as living fossils connecting us to the lost ancient langauges of our ancestors thousands of years ago?</to></the></mind></yes,></mandarin>
i don't deny the great value of dialect language.

using your analogy, let me say this: yes, fossils have great values. but i don't see why everyone should aspire to be archaeologist.

Last edited:

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logged off already. Balless bastard! You had lived up to your name Inchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame, aka mudskipper aka lancheowman aka Inchwmn_only,1,2,3,4,5 aka samuraisan and all the tiulehlohmohfarhais! and can tell the world you never change your nics like bak chor your mother cheebye mee!

Aiyoh lnchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame, tsk.tsk. tsk. such language.., please inform them about your Japanese father Fukuyu Mada san, your mother's regular customer.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You are so proud of your nic in asiaone.com forum, you actually posted ... I am lancheowman

Last edited:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL!... Change nick again? No matter what nick you use, you are still a lancheowless faggot whose prostitute mother feels shameful of having you.

No wonder you need to pimp for your prostitute mother here so that you can feel useful. LOL!...

you want uncle to go to the old forum and show everybody your last few xia suay posts and the forummers who gang up and ask you to get lost anot? you really want uncle to show your true colors?

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
[[okay... put it this way. if dialect could be teach in school, if its feasible, i am all for it. so whats the problem?]]

do you think that it will never be feasible to teach dialects in SG schools and thats why you are so eager to say you are dialects as long as it is feasible to be taught in SG?

if you are so in favour of dailects, have you any proposals? or you do not bother because you are actually hoping to do dialects a disfavour? or would you rather encourage and creat an evironment where it is not feasible to teach dialects in school?

[[social club in school and teaching dialect in school are two different thing. there are no examination for social clubs.]]

who said "social clubs"? i am talking a study club and there can also be exams too.

[[i didn't ever say govt should not encourage learning of dialects. i said, the very first few steps, when comes to upholding of dialects in spore by PAP govt, would be to get off the back of dialects, stop the discriminative policies against dialects. the first few steps. ]]

and let it die a natural death by not doing anything more since it is not feasible to have dialects in schools, right?

[[if mandarin is indeed dilute and simplified form of spoken chinese, IF thats the truth, so be it.
the problem i have with your messages, is the insistence that reading chinese classic in dialect is the only way to go, and reading chinese classic in mandarin is just like reading chinese classic in malay, or english translation.]]

i am still waiting for you to point to anything in any of my posts to say that that "reading chinese classic in dialect is the only way to go". you alleged that it was all over the place but yet you cannot point to one place out of the many where it is. let me tell you the simple truth. all i said was reading the classics in dialect will give you a better appreciation of these classics esp. the rhymes in shijing. but you thought that you can pull a fast one by suggesting that the poems sound fine in mandarin. without realising that the shijing poems have confounded scholars for centuries because they do not rhyme and does not even sound right in mandarin. when i confront you with the text of the first poem in shijing and ask you where are the rhymes are in mandarin? you either cannot understand enuff chinese to even comment and/or becasue there were simply no rhymes and so in order not to be embarassed you pull out every trick in the book and even try to convince ppl here you understand and can use chinese well but the sentences you constructed in chinese clearly show that you are using a free translator. if you want to puruse this point, i will show the examples to everybody. so pls save it.

this whole thing is abt your inflated ego not dialects. if you do not know what others are discussing, just keep your big mouth shut and go play with communist and devil wee-in-tin

[[i don't deny the great value of dialect language.

using your analogy, let me say this: yes, fossils have great values. but i don't see why everyone should aspire to be archaeologist. ]]

this is a language not dinosaur bones. for languages to survive,there must be nuff ppl using it. this is a dumb analogy, trying to fit languages as if these are dinosaur bones.