• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China vs India War 1962 Unseen Footage

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: He Needed Another Attacking Front

come to think of it siberia is valueless. Also japan is the first asian nation to defeat a western power and that is russia.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

come to think of it siberia is valueless. Also japan is the first asian nation to defeat a western power and that is russia.

It was just a minor defeat that Russia didn't want to pursue further since Japan only demanded a few small islands (Kueriles) as settlement. Russia didn't want to pursue further because on the European front, the yeast for WW1 was brewing up. Had Russia pursued further, Japan would have been dead duck 40 years before 1945.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It was just a minor defeat that Russia didn't want to pursue further since Japan only demanded a few small islands (Kueriles) as settlement. Russia didn't want to pursue further because on the European front, the yeast for WW1 was brewing up. Had Russia pursued further, Japan would have been dead duck 40 years before 1945.

Hmm i suppose u do make sense but then japan is an island and the waters off the coast of japan has protected it from many armies before. Like the mongol army. I don't really think russia at that time has the capability to kill off japan. Even the allies had so much difficulty.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hmm i suppose u do make sense but then japan is an island and the waters off the coast of japan has protected it from many armies before. Like the mongol army. I don't really think russia at that time has the capability to kill off japan. Even the allies had so much difficulty.

All Russia needed to do to kill off Japan was to back Qing Dynasty. But they chose not to do it, wisely too from their POV, they didn't want a China too strong too. Japan was useful in balancing China.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Russia Had The Resources

[video=youtube;Sr5foWKctuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr5foWKctuI&feature=related[/video]

Russia had the resources to fight a protracted war with Japan which they could hardly afford. Their finance for the war was huge and the economy was turning bad for Japan.

Anyway, they won the war in 1905 against the Russian fleet.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Russia lost quite a lot from the defeat. according to Portsmouth treaty, Japan inherited the Liaodong Peninsula and the Russian railway system in southern Manchuria. Japan also received southern Sakhalin from Russia. In addition, Japan would annex Korea in 1910 without Russia approval. The two countries in 1903 had reached a secret agreement to jointly divide Korea between them.

The U.S and Britain would make sure that this was a limited war. Theodore Roosevelt out of fears for Russia growing influence in East Asia backed Japan in the war but U.S wouldn't allow Japan to gain a too decisive victory for fears that Japan might succeed Russia and advanced deeper into China which would ultimately harm American interests. Similarly US wouldn't allow Russia to decisively defeat Japan for the sake of maintaining the balance of power in the region.The "neutral" U.S mediated talks between both countries and reached a Portsmouth treaty.