• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

china shooter win 3 gold for s'pore...veri proud hor!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I could not understand why pistol shooting is a sport man...

Anyway we guys shoot in bed de...dun waste time in range LOL...

NS no NS no difference, genna shot yes (rem the commando genna shot by Thai farmer?) - shoot accurately ...haha...no way...maybe in Geylang.

but i think there is a female shooter quite chio from Singapore..btw i not pedo...just appreciate beauty....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could not figure why he came to that. I do however understand that the government never encouraged sports until late. Kids had to make a choice between studies and sports etc. There is also the lack of funds and money in sports.

Its the rich kids that could afford sports or those that gave up on studies.

Anyway, the shooting fraternity here does not have development agenda just a social agenda. It pretty much run by the ex-cj's son.

U are missing the point. Yes, combat shooting and sports shooting is 2 different thing. However, when u have a pool of 500,000 plus trained people who have been trained to combat shoot, surely, there are some natural bprn talent in this group that can make the successful transition from combat to sports shooting. Certain SAF Vocation lke sniper is also very much mental. The SAF/SPorts councils etc have made NO EFFORT to identify these talents and nurture them in what u say is an expensive sport. If they did, coule we field an all singaporean team? I say yes. DO we need to import FTs? I say no.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
generally, all sports in singapore lack a proper agenda, a proper strategy both in terms of talent devt, post-playing career, etc.

thanks to the education regime, everyone stone set that tak-chek is the only way out - paper quali counts, arts n sports only kill you. Ya, only the rich can afford not to tak-chek and do sports.

Look at soccer - withdraw from M league, start S-league, dwindling sponsorship, dwindling audience, then invite thrash teams from outside to "give competition" end up give "corruption". Chinese teams come and went, an African team, a Japanese second-class team, ...so on so forth. Has it improved Singapore soccer? Goal 2010 come and go. And we are still at where we start off, lack of a clear direction.

Shooting, years before, Lee Wang Yew (I remembered him bcos his name very close to LKY) lamented that shooting needs more funding, more development, more attention. Their shooting range is ulu like mad. Last time my school, the air rifle shooting range is used for storing junk...build a range for fuck. Only recently some activity like ur cock steaming after seeing naked girl...but thats it, nothing else...i still don't see a clear direction. Have sponsors come forward to offer a competition / any international meets on shooting?

Just becos Gai Bin (who is China) win some medals and during the SEA games this chio girl win a medal, create a bit of excitement...but nothing concrete. Previously also, we are buzzling when Remy win a few bowling medals...have we won anything else after that? Do we see the Bowling world cup in Singapore? In fact, I am surprised bowling is the only sport not yet "invaded" by Chinamen...the other one is sailing.

Sailing also, after Ben Tan, who else have we developed that can win medals for us in the international stage?

the list goes on...

for one, stop having non-related people helming the sports association - let them be helmed by former sports people, who knows the sports. You dun ask an accountant to head a hospital. Or you dun ask a politician to manage a soccer team. Then have a long term plan - never mind if during this period of preparation time we perform like shit in all sports...it takes a long time to generate a sports industry. Even the BPL takes a long time to reach where it is today.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I could not figure why he came to that. I do however understand that the government never encouraged sports until late. Kids had to make a choice between studies and sports etc. There is also the lack of funds and money in sports.

Anyway, the shooting fraternity here does not have development agenda just a social agenda. It pretty much run by the ex-cj's son.

U just have to look at the $400 million pissed away on the YOG. Imagine if the $400 million was spend developing football, shooting, tennis, etc. I think we would have very good teams. In many countries, athletes identified as talented are giving a stipend for their living expenses and have unlimted access to coaching, training facilties, dieticians, etc. Just so they can devote their time to their sport and nothing else. SOme do work part time for undertanding employers, but their level of support is much higher. For a model of how to do it right, U need to look at the canadian "own the podium" Winter Olympics 2010 strategy. I don't think they spend even one third of $400 million.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
generally, all sports in singapore lack a proper agenda, a proper strategy both in terms of talent devt, post-playing career, etc.

thanks to the education regime, everyone stone set that tak-chek is the only way out - paper quali counts, arts n sports only kill you. Ya, only the rich can afford not to tak-chek and do sports.

Look at soccer - withdraw from M league, start S-league, dwindling sponsorship, dwindling audience, then invite thrash teams from outside to "give competition" end up give "corruption". Chinese teams come and went, an African team, a Japanese second-class team, ...so on so forth. Has it improved Singapore soccer? Goal 2010 come and go. And we are still at where we start off, lack of a clear direction.

Shooting, years before, Lee Wang Yew (I remembered him bcos his name very close to LKY) lamented that shooting needs more funding, more development, more attention. Their shooting range is ulu like mad. Last time my school, the air rifle shooting range is used for storing junk...build a range for fuck. Only recently some activity like ur cock steaming after seeing naked girl...but thats it, nothing else...i still don't see a clear direction. Have sponsors come forward to offer a competition / any international meets on shooting?

Just becos Gai Bin (who is China) win some medals and during the SEA games this chio girl win a medal, create a bit of excitement...but nothing concrete. Previously also, we are buzzling when Remy win a few bowling medals...have we won anything else after that? Do we see the Bowling world cup in Singapore? In fact, I am surprised bowling is the only sport not yet "invaded" by Chinamen...the other one is sailing.

Sailing also, after Ben Tan, who else have we developed that can win medals for us in the international stage?

the list goes on...

for one, stop having non-related people helming the sports association - let them be helmed by former sports people, who knows the sports. You dun ask an accountant to head a hospital. Or you dun ask a politician to manage a soccer team. Then have a long term plan - never mind if during this period of preparation time we perform like shit in all sports...it takes a long time to generate a sports industry. Even the BPL takes a long time to reach where it is today.

$400 million spend on YOG would have gone a long way to developing all those things you say. But the fucking PAP chooses to spend it on a masturbation exercise for itself.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY liked recreational sports but never liked competitive sports, especially mass spectactor sports like football. He reluctantly agreed to building the Kallang Stadium, yielding to the then Malaysia Cup fever. There were political points to be scored too by maintaining a healthy dose of rivalry after demerger. He himself called the stadium a white elephant, useful only during major Malaysia Cup games and National Day.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have, for true blue Sinkie medal winners for shooting in SEA/Commonwealth/Asian Games level whom had served or still serving

Lee Wung Yew
On Shaw Ming
Poh Lip Meng
Chng Seng Mok
Peter Lee
Tan Chee Keong
Choo Choon Seng
Mohammad Zain

and the lists goes on......

Shooting was one of the last domain which consisted primarily Singaporean till of late. There are only 3 FT and 1 Mudlander so far.

The argument that NS produces so many trained shooters but none are suitable for sports is completely true. Military training and sports shooting are completley different , get a NSmen to shoot for sports and many WILL fail miserably; proven.:cool:

Forgive my ignorance but what's a "mudlander"?

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to clarify the statement, the shooting fraternity does have a long term developmental agenda, not just social. It is not run by the ex-cj's son alone per se; he is only SRA's president. At the helm is a former Asian/SEA Games medalist. The entire association comprises of various clubs with ex-nationals and current shooters which represent various events whom delibrate on national interest.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
but i think there is a female shooter quite chio from Singapore..btw i not pedo...just appreciate beauty....

Chio female shooter from Singapore ? This is new to me as I have never seen one that is worth a second glance Unless you are refering to IPSC's poster girl.:cool:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Just to clarify the statement, the shooting fraternity does have a long term developmental agenda, not just social. It is not run by the ex-cj's son alone per se; he is only SRA's president. At the helm is a former Asian/SEA Games medalist. The entire association comprises of various clubs with ex-nationals and current shooters which represent various events whom delibrate on national interest.

give me a break, so their long term developmental agenda includes developing PRC shooters? If you have non native born sinkies on the team, I have to question your developmental agenda.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have, for true blue Sinkie medal winners for shooting in SEA/Commonwealth/Asian Games level whom had served or still serving

Lee Wung Yew
On Shaw Ming
Poh Lip Meng
Chng Seng Mok
Peter Lee
Tan Chee Keong
Choo Choon Seng
Mohammad Zain

Hey, why you never mention Lee ___ Cheok, my army captain during NS days ...hehe..