• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheapskate distant relative at Marina Sands wedding in early 2011

petertok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Against my wishes , my father invited relatives to my wedding dinner , when 1 family of 3 revert that they cant attend due to "an excuse" I was quietly happy. Then when they found out that my wedding is at marina Sands, they promptly called to inform that they can now attend....sad sad sad as I had been told this is a cheapskate family out to be free loaders all the time.

Came the wedding night , this couple , a Senior Counsel and senior manager SIA wife brought along teenage daughter . My parents were shocked when they opened the red packet on our behalf to find $100 in it. 3 persons attending a wedding dinner at the prestigious Marina Sands having the cheek to place $100 sheepishly into the red packet ! Are they that low class to take advantage of their relatives ?Sure they are aware going to hawker centre for Chi char also more than $100 nowadays, yet they kaka give $100. Suay to have such free loader relatives , still cannot get over this episode of my important day in life.

* Dinner menu included Sharksfin soup and Abalone too.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
:oIo:

The problem is with you...

You should hint to them or indirectly tell them

Be smarter next time

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Senior counsel and sia senior manager give 100?
U sure bo? Nowsadays Malay void deck wedding also bao this amount already.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is your wedding, not theirs. If you want to show that you can afford
an extravagant one, then you pay for it. So if you cannot afford it, don't
expect others to do it for you.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since u feel so lousy about it, just send them a sarcastic email thanking them for their cheapskate hong bao of $100. Remember to draw a cartoon of a big bullock cart wheel!:rolleyes: I, old uncle though not earning much also gave $150 to a recent wedding couple whose reception was held at a restaurant in Changi Airport T3. I went there alone as my wife was overseas. Worse still, couldn't eat much as I had mouth ulcers. Knn senior counsel so gian png!

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
notice alot of people don't drink liquor nowadays or even touch wine/beer. only sharksfin and abalone costly items.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
summore distant relative can dun invite de leh.
ur parents wan face and happy boardcast your wedding at marina sands wat to do?:biggrin:

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot blame you and your family from being angry with this kind of low level relatives , got money yet take advantage of others . Although they probably know you are wealthy but they should not embarrass themselves especially holding high positions and must be rich too.

Tell them all their money cannot be brought to Heaven or Hell , they will go with nothing and money still on Earth.

Such people likely to hug their money and will neglect their parents too.Selfish and cheapskate usually go together but they will be punished somehow , its all about Karma.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not? don't see why people don't want something free, especially sinkies

the new generation of sinkies seem to be very wholesome and healthy, 15 years back went to cousin wedding felt embarassed for drinking orange juice, but nowadays wedding dinners almost 80% are drinking coca-cola and juice.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't understand this sinkie obsession about getting compensated fairly for holding a lavish wedding dinner when the first objective and main motive is double happiness for all and the best lasting impression you wish to give to your guests with your hopefully once in a lifetime event and grand generosity. when has it become a financial business and positive payback case of "have you paid enough for the invite to make us break even?" might as well clearly state the minimum required payment for accepting the invite... and make it prepaid too. sheesh.

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree with you , it is often understood when one is invited to a dinner to find out where it is held and you will roughly know the price of 1 table. Being invited is a tradition so that relatives can meet and witness joyous occasion . It does not mean that you dont bother about how much invitees will contribute .

Nobody with a sincere heart will attend a dinner by giving an ang pau that will NOT be even lower than his own hawker meal. At least be thoughtful for the young newly weds , if you are not willing to over pay at least dont underpay . It is very mean and cruel to spoil the young couple's wedding by being FREE LOADER.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nobody with a sincere heart will attend a dinner by giving an ang pau that will NOT be even lower than his own hawker meal. At least be thoughtful for the young newly weds , if you are not willing to over pay at least dont underpay . It is very mean and cruel to spoil the young couple's wedding by being FREE LOADER.

a freeloader is someone who gets something for free, not someone who forks out money even if the sum is below expectation. a wedding invite is not a business transaction. there is no minimum sum involved in a purchase contract. it is based on goodwill and one's generosity or lack of it. it is unlike some losers here who engage hookers in geylang and refuse to pay the sum expected by the prostitute. now that is a business transaction. a wedding invite is not a business transaction. if the father wishes to invite old acquaintances and expects nothing in return, it is after all the father's wishes. and if it makes the father happy, so be it. it's lame for whiners to complain about being shortchanged on a wedding celebration online. it's no longer a celebration if one has to cry about it.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think TS is upset coz this SC did not packet 'market rate' even though SC could well afford it. I suspect TS won't be that upset if a down-and-out guest packets that amount.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you rich enough to have wedding dinner in MBS, why be angry about angpow money from people you know are stingy. Why be angry about things you can predict, you should be angry about things that you cannot predict.