• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car reliability ratings

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Suzuki and Lexus top new reliability survey, Tesla on the bottom

BY DAILY MAIL • 06/09/2018

Photo / Matthew Hansen

Photo / Matthew Hansen
Japanese cars are the most dependable motors on the market, and high-end Teslas are most likely to let their owners down.

That's according to a keenly-watched reliability survey, which found that Suzuki along with four other Japanese brands were among the top six most robust, while the US electric car company has the shakiest track record.

The What Car? Reliability Survey [published in full below] also listed the most and least dependable new models you can buy in showrooms today, based on the feedback of more than 18,000 motorists.

lexus3.jpg

The UK-based survey is one of the biggest of its kind, processing the feedback of 18,284 owners of some 159 models spanning 31 different brands.

Suzuki, which mainly makes cheap and cheerful small cars and 4x4s, topped the overall manufacturer rankings for new cars up to four years old with a reliability score of 97.7 per cent, joined by Lexus, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Subaru in the top six.

The only non-Japanese mark in the top order was Korean firm Kia, taking fourth spot, with sister brand Hyundai in ninth.

At the opposite end of the spectrum it was American luxury electric-car giant Tesla that recorded the worst reliability track record.

Despite the cheapest brand new Tesla setting buyers back more than $100,000, its reliability score of 57.3 per cent was by far the worst rating.
Land Rover - which was second from bottom - scored at 76.5 per cent for reliability of cars between one and four years old.

The trend continued when the data revealed which specific models were most and least reliable. For newer cars it was the current Toyota Yaris and Suxuki SX4 S-Cross that led the table, both recording a staggering 100 per cent dependability record, according to their owners.

The electric Nissan Leaf took third spot, ahead of the Toyota RAV4 and BMW 3 Series. Anchoring the standings was the Tesla Model S.

Owners' reports of breakdowns and necessary repairs saw it gain a reliability score of just 50.9 per cent - almost half that of the most dependable Japanese cars.

And it doesn't make favourable reading for Land Rover either, with three of its models - the Discovery Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque - among the top five models with the poorest owner ratings.

Overall, around 30 per cent of the respondents with cars less than four years old said their car had suffered at least one fault in the past 12 months.

Steve Huntingford, editor of What Car?, said: "Reliability is a huge consideration for any prospective car buyer, as your car is likely to be your second biggest monthly expense after mortgage or rent payments.

"You want your car to last and you don’t want to have to fork out huge amounts to fix faults and keep it running.

"Our annual survey has shown that it is Japanese models that continue to dominate the top of the reliability rankings, both for car model and brand rankings."

Most (and least) reliable car brands

1. Suzuki - 97.7%
2. Lexus - 97.5%
3. Toyota - 96.8%
=4. Kia - 95.8%
=4. Mitsubishi - 95.8%
=4. Subaru - 95.8%
7. Skoda - 95.6%
8. Alfa Romeo - 95.5%
9. Hyundai - 95.4%
10. Seat - 95.2%
=11. Vauxhall - 94.6%
=11. Mazda - 94.6%
13. Dacia - 94.1%
14. Fiat - 94.0%
15. Honda - 93.8%
16. BMW - 93.4%
17. Volkswagen - 92.9%
18. Ford - 92.7%
19. Renault - 91.7%
=20. Audi - 91.5%
=20. Volvo - 91.5%
22. Mini - 91.2%
23. Porsche - 90.9%
24. Peugeot - 89.4%
25. Citroen - 88.1%
26. Mercedes-Benz - 88.0%
27. Nissan - 87.1%
28. Jaguar - 84.9%
29. Jeep - 82.7%
30. Land Rover - 76.5%
31. Tesla - 57.3%
Source: What Car? Reliability Survey 2018

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tesla at the bottom contradicts engineers who predict electirc cars will be more reliable, no need for frequent service and end to technicians job and car manufacturers income ftrom servicing. Hence rebranding of car manufacturers to mobility companies.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alfa at 8? I question the reliability of this report.
Strange. Even US motor journalist loved it. And contrary to popular belief, it did not suffer any mishap during tgh few months they tested it.

Why We Still Love Our Alfa Romeo Giulia a Year Later

Giving our long-term Alfa Romeo Giulia a proper appraisal on its way out of the garage

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q2 Ti 4

SEE ALL 67 PHOTOS

Scott EvansWordsMotor Trend StaffPhotos
Aug 14, 2019

Some people worry the machines will rise up against us when they become self-aware, but I reckon they'll all be too self-conscious to try it. If my long-term 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia heard half the mean things folks said about it, it would never leave the garage. That would be a crying shame, because like all stereotypes, those nasty generalizations aren't really true. The Alfa's a great car, no matter what the internet says.
00:10 / 04:19

placeholder

Behind the Wheel: The BMW 330i Takes on the Alfa Romeo Giulia

placeholder

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Hot Lap! - 2017 Best Driver's Car Contender

placeholder

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio—The Return of the Italian Sport Sedan

placeholder

Driving Tesla’s First True Track-Oriented Car

placeholder

Watch This: MotorTrend Attempts Five Lap Records in One Day

placeholder

Scene Lift—Head 2 Head: the Alfa Romeo Giulia vs. Jaguar XE SV Project 8

placeholder

Best Driver’s Car Contender: 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Q4 Quadrifoglio

placeholder

Watch This: MotorTrend Attempts Five Lap Records in One Day

placeholder

Need to Know: 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

placeholder

Watch This! Charging a Tesla Model 3 to 90 Percent in 37 Minutes With the V3 Supercharger

placeholder

Behind the Wheel: the 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser

placeholder

First Test: the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Watch: Behind the Wheel: The BMW 330i Takes on the Alfa Romeo Giulia
Remember Marvin the Paranoid Android from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Or the way Han Solo treats droids? Ever stopped to think about the truly awful things you've said to your printer? Ignorance, for our machines, is truly bliss. Despite this, I often find myself complimenting the Giulia when I'm alone with it, just to prop up its self-esteem. I try not to be patronizing, because nobody likes that.
What do people say? Mostly that same old line about Italian-car reliability. If the whole country of Italy wasn't so easygoing, it would have a complex, too. Fact of the matter, though, is my Giulia's been as good or better than the average car in our long-term fleet. In 12 months and 20,220 miles, the Giulia made four trips to a shop, two planned and two unplanned, but even that doesn't tell the whole story.

The first of the two unplanned stops was at the tire shop for a nail in the tread, hardly Alfa-specific. The second we initiated ourselves, not because there was anything wrong with the car, but because with 17,000 or so miles on the clock it didn't feel fair to put it in a head-to-head comparison with a brand spankin' new BMW 330i M Sport without at least a checkup. While giving it a once-over, the tech found the only mechanical issue of the car's life to date: a tiny coolant leak weeping from the turbocharger we were unaware of. A new O-ring on the coolant inlet is all it needed, but the tech did the coolant outlet O-ring, too, just to be safe, and the whole thing was covered under warranty.
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q2 Ti 21
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q2 Ti 21

SEE ALL 67 PHOTOS

The other two stops were for routine maintenance, the first just short of 10,000 miles and the second just over 20,000, both prompted by the car. The first set us back $197.35 for oil, filter, washer fluid, and oil and fuel "conditioners" the dealer slipped in. The second pit stop was a steeper $272.20 for just an oil and filter change, because dealer number two marks up a quart of oil 87 percent higher than dealer number one and the filter 97 percent. It also charges 69 percent more for labor, so let that all be a lesson to shop around if you can.

A recall was also performed free of charge during the first service to prevent backfiring, an issue we never experienced.
At $469.55, the maintenance wasn't cheap, but it still cost less than our 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro for the same service ($561.36 for two oil changes and inspections). On the other hand, our 2012 BMW 328i Sport didn't cost a dime in maintenance because BMW throws that in for free the first three years or 36,000 miles. Then again, that BMW's entire steering rack failed and had to be replaced at 14,500 miles.
All that time the Giulia spent not breaking down like everyone predicted, it was busy handling situations it wasn't intended for. This is a sport sedan through and through, and yet when I had to take a detour down a 3-mile Forest Service road around a washout and when I got caught in a late-season snowstorm, it behaved as though it were driving down fresh pavement on a beautiful spring day. The compliance in the suspension kept it riding nicely in the dirt, and the Pirelli P Zero summer tires didn't mind the cold.

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport rear three quarter
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport rear three quarter

SEE ALL 67 PHOTOS

It worked damn well in the situations it was intended for, too. Whether it was taking down that BMW or putting my mother-in-law who'd recently had a double knee replacement and my 6-foot-6 father-in-law in the back seat, the Giulia was a champ.

It wasn't perfect, though. The infotainment system developed a bug where it occasionally reset itself within the first minute or two of starting the car. It would show up, stick around for a few days, then disappear for months. It's kind of like an app crashing on your phone—annoying but quickly forgotten until it happens again. I also took issue with the programming of the parking sensors (too eager to turn off when you still need them) and the automatic engine stop/start system (too eager to activate when the interior is still too warm or too cold).
Software isn't what won this thing Car of the Year, though. Faced with a decision between a technological marvel and a car that inspires you to drive, we took inspiration. Every time I mindlessly caressed the big, metal shift paddles, every time I turned the knob to Dynamic mode, every time I whipped around a freeway cloverleaf and dreamed about skipping work and going for a drive in the mountains instead, I remembered why cars like this win awards.

Attachments

• 1573868391737.jpeg
    1573868391737.jpeg
    850 bytes · Views: 205

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Tesla at the bottom contradicts engineers who predict electirc cars will be more reliable, no need for frequent service and end to technicians job and car manufacturers income ftrom servicing. Hence rebranding of car manufacturers to mobility companies.

The problem with Tesla is not the motors but the rest of the cars eg squeaks, rattles, leaks, misaligned doors, paintwork etc.

Elon Mask thought that by automating the whole assembly process humans could just sit back and watch perfect cars being churned out without human intervention but assembling cars is a lot more complex.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with Tesla is not the motors but the rest of the cars eg squeaks, rattles, leaks, misaligned doors, paintwork etc.

Elon Mask thought that by automating the whole assembly process humans could just sit back and watch perfect cars being churned out without human intervention but assembling cars is a lot more complex.
there are also problems of battery fire and out of factory repair issues. many teslas are stuck in repair shops as certified mechanics and technicians that are specially trained for tesla automobiles are either overbooked or hard to find. some cars and suvs are stuck in shops for over 6.9 months for minor issues. if there’s collision and body damage, it may be a 16.9-month wait.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think he should have just outsource the manufacturing part to GM or some japanese manufacturer.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am buying a Suzuki next.

https://www.suzukicar.com.sg/models/vitara

Suzuki Vitara SUV updated for 2019 | Torque
The most popular model in the Suzuki car range has been updated for model-year 2019 with numerous visual, technical and specification upgrades.

The most popular model in the Suzuki car range has been updated for model-year 2019 with numerous visual, technical and specification upgrades.
Following on from the recent announcement of the 30th anniversary of the Vitara, Suzuki has announced the introduction in September of its 2019 model which incorporates numerous visual, technical and specification upgrades. The Vitara has enjoyed strong sales success since launch in 2015 and it is currently the most popular model in the Suzuki range.
Firstly, Vitara will be available with both 1-litre and 1.4-litre Boosterjet turbocharged petrol engines as introduced in the S-Cross model range late last year and these will replace the 1.6-litre petrol engine. The highly acclaimed Boosterjet engines provide more power, higher torque, greater efficiency and lower emissions, too.
The SZ4 and SZ-T grades of the updated Vitara are equipped with the 1-litre 111hp Boosterjet engine and AllGrip four-wheel-drive is available optionally on the SZ-T with manual transmission. The SZ5 models are equipped with the 1.4-litre Boosterjet engine which offers a power output of 140hp and a torque output of 220Nm, which is available from just 1500rpm through to 4000rpm. Fuel consumption and CO2 emission figures for both engines will be available closer to the launch date.
The latest Vitara will also offer various design updates, two new colours and the availability of new technology and advanced safety equipment.
For the exterior, new-design alloy wheels are available, a redesigned front grille and lower bumper are utilised, while the rear of the car features a fresh design along with distinctive LED combination lamps. For the interior, the upper instrument panel now incorporates a soft-touch material for added quality and the instrument cluster features a new central information display with colour.
The 2019 Vitara will be the most technically advanced Suzuki to date. New safety technology available as standard equipment on the top-of-the-line version will include Dual Sensor Brake Support, Lane Departure Warning and Prevention, Traffic Sign Recognition, Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
The Vitara is sold in 191 countries and regions around the world, with cumulative sales of Suzuki’s signature SUV nameplate recently crossing 3.7 million units. Suzuki Motor Corporation is the eighth largest car brand in the world, with sales in FY2017 of 3,160,000 units.